League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Money just for testing isn't going to help clubs who can't run without their usual income sources. Sounds like a bit of a 'bribe' from Budge to try and ensure that games are played. In theory not terrible, but in practice more arrogant and ill thought out nonsense that doesn't take reality in to account.

The whole bribe thing has been blown out of the water, imo.

Tell you what though, whether it covers all the costs or not, it's still a pretty good deal all things considered. If it comes to pass of course, as according to some Hearts fans the unmasking of the masked provider will scare him off.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Tell you what though, whether it covers all the costs or not, it's still a pretty good deal all things considered. If it comes to pass of course, as according to some Hearts fans the unmasking of the masked provider will scare him off.

It's not really a good deal though. 

It doesn't make a difference to teams who can't afford to run a squad on little to no income if games have to be played in empty stadiums, because they won't have players to be tested, because they can't afford them.

37 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Arseholes could yet chase the guy away. Clearly not wanting the  publicity. He managed to stay anonymous for years while putting millions into Hearts. One single phone call with the SPFL and the Daily Retard have him outed within 24 hours. 

If only Ann Budge hadnt drawn nationwide attention to it on the radio to try and score some points.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I suspect that he'll have known that maintaining the same degree of anonymity after getting involved with 40 clubs instead of one would be nigh on impossible anyway.  I've known about his involvement with hearts for years and I'm a long way from the corridors of power.

but we're getting sidetracked.

This is now a television pun thread so we should channel our efforts into that objective

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

32 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Arseholes could yet chase the guy away. Clearly not wanting the  publicity. He managed to stay anonymous for years while putting millions into Hearts. One single phone call with the SPFL and the Daily Retard have him outed within 24 hours. 

Did you listen to Budges "interview" with Brian McLaughlin?

And you infer today that Anderson being outed is in some way caused by the SPFL?

image.png.03ad3d554e84a6b0acc78f65f30dca1b.png

i mean, here is a picture of the guy, sitting in the "executive area" with Budge while Boyle smacked two past your keeper on Boxing Day.

Do you think Rod Petrie didnt know who the guy was? Or Budges Hibby Brother who were both there too? 

It has probably been common knowledge in the press for a while but when it became more than a one club charity job, clearly it is coming out.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

It's not really a good deal though. 

It doesn't make a difference to teams who can't afford to run a squad on little to no income if games have to be played in empty stadiums, because they won't have players to be tested, because they can't afford them.

I believe "money for nothing" (and the chicks for free) is the phrase I'm looking for. If Anderson is willing to pile in the cash for testing that is one less burden your club needs to deal with.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

What is the deal?

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I believe "money for nothing" (and the chicks for free) is the phrase I'm looking for. If Anderson is willing to pile in the cash for testing that is one less burden your club needs to deal with.

A nice gesture, but as I've said, won't make a difference for quite a few teams since they won't be able to afford a squad if games have to be played in empty stadiums.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is now a television pun thread so we should channel our efforts into that objective

I'm not remotely interested in such low brow humour.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What is the deal?

Obviously conjecture is only game in town just now.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A nice gesture, but as I've said, won't make a difference for quite a few teams since they won't be able to afford a squad if games have to be played in empty stadiums.

It's not that I don't take your point, but if it comes to fruition (and that is still to be seen) then I cannot see the SPFL and/or SFA or even the Scot Gov not somehow finding a way to at least keep the Championship going. Christ, maybe Saint Roy will splash the cash.

Edited by Ric

A couple of things:

1) imagine having had that much cash pumped into your club and still being as shite as Hearts are. What exactly has the money been spent on? 

2) Budge's latest interview re legal action seemed to focus on the 'restriction of trade' aspect. (It makes sense, as they don't have a leg to stand on in any other aspect. I'm not sure they do in this one either, but that's by the by.) So, if this donation takes place and there is no restriction of trade because all the leagues can play, then the legal challenge is even more dead than it was before. So really, really dead. 

Edit: How are they going to backtrack from that? The Hearts fans (on Twitter) are baying for blood, the thick fuckers.

Edited by Coventry Saint

It's not that I don't take your point, but if it comes to fruition (and that is still to be seen) then I cannot see the SPFL and/or SFA or even the Scot Gov not somehow finding a way to at least keep the Championship going. Christ, maybe Saint Roy will splash the cash.

“Saint Roy”?

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

A couple of things:

1) imagine having had that much cash pumped into your club and still being as shite as Hearts are. What exactly has the money been spent on? 

A single tier stand with a glass curtain and Steven Naismith. It’s a good laugh, isn’t it?

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm not remotely interested in such low brow humour.

Obviously conjecture is only game in town just now.

The only way for the majority of Championship clubs to be able to play games in empty stadiums is direct funding, by which I mean being able to offset the loss in income from matchday revenue and other sponsorship.

Paying for covid tests doesn't do that. The SPFL don't have such cash. I doubt the Scottish Government do either, and if they did then I would doubt that using it in this manner would be acceptable to them.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If it's just testing he's paying for then it's next to useless, and makes Budge come across (somehow) even worse. 

Money just for testing isn't going to help clubs who can't run without their usual income sources. Sounds like a bit of a 'bribe' from Budge to try and ensure that games are played. In theory not terrible, but in practice more arrogant and ill thought out nonsense that doesn't take reality in to account.

We don't know what the figure is (other than being 7 figures) or how far it will go. I suppose it's up to the SPFL how to decide how best to spend it.

It was reported the other day that Premiership clubs would struggle to afford tests - this might help ensure that that isn't a problem anymore. Beyond that, maybe it will be enough to at least get the Championship up and running earlier. Maybe it will even encourage others to donate. Who knows, but I'm struggling to see how millions of pounds is useless.

If it's all just a nefarious plan to help Hearts then I'd probably rather he just gives the several million pounds to us tbh. Craig Levein wont even be there to piss it away.

Anderson hasn't been outed for no reason.  I'm pretty sure hearts/budge are central to his name being made public.  He was outed in a puff piece ffs. It being made public looks to be done entirely as a response to suspicion of a mystery dodgy gangster being the source.

And Baracus is right,  unless he's funding the wages of 500 players then offering to get them tested is pointless