League Reconstruction 20/21 season

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yet they were in such a rush to finish the season,  a decision which in the longer term benefits very few teams.

Any businessman would know that we should have done everything possible to avoid such a huge shortfall.

From a business point of view, the cost of ending 2019/20 is almost certainly much lower than the cost of failing to start 2020/21 on time. You're weighing up breaching the last few games of a less valuable deal versus breaching a five-year deal worth over £150m.

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Budge's next proposal, Monkey Tennis.

Desperation.

21 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

The Scottish game needs more Monkey Tennis tbf. 

Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I said before if this was played out on the park there would be a few red cards, you don't need to be a legal expert to know where this is going.
The SFA's position should be to protect the game apart from the Scottish cup they have been very quiet about the HL/LL.
If they intend to play out the Scottish cup the teams left will look very different more so hearts in the championship.
The SFA are also in a catch 22 with this, they need the revenue from the semi final and final but like the league it had to be called to move forward.

Just out of interest, can you tell me how much revenue is retained by the SFA from the semi final and final of the Scottish Cup? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts getting relegated, no compensation, and Budge having to shell out millions to save face.

Incredible.

Ann Budge's proposals are/were a disgrace. 

I am baffled as to why the SPFL ever agreed to her carrying out this restructuring review in the first place. It was never going to be carried out independently, given her vested interest in the outcome. 

Legal action ? Laughable in my opinion. 

However, a restructuring of the SPFL is needed, but definitely not now whilst we are still grappling with the virus, and its implications for clubs. Also, any such review should not be undertaken for a minimum of 2 - 3 years, to enable the West pyramid to settle in, and for some of its clubs to get licensed. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I strongly suspect she was mid-sentence before realising that her bullshit was technically bribery and that applying conditions to that would backfire in all kinds of ways.

Imagine being such a simpleton that Neil fucking Doncaster runs rings round you 😂

If Jay from the Inbetweeners turned into Chucky and was running a football club....

The only worrying thing is that Doncaster now looks semi-competent when being held up against Budge. 

3 hours ago, Bailey1874 said:

Hey Wastecoatwilly

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why the 'Crown of Aragon' flag for your avatar, are you Catalonian? If so, how do you think the Spanish league will get going again ? Do you think they will get it up and running better than in Scotland?

It's my second home and have a few friends in Spain,the franco fascistas wouldn't give Barcelona anything. 

56 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Just out of interest, can you tell me how much revenue is retained by the SFA from the semi final and final of the Scottish Cup? 

I think we all know the SFA has a cloak-and-dagger approach but it's their main tourney outwith the national team so it won't be buttons.