League Reconstruction 20/21 season

58 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Give me a run down on what Strachan was saying before I accuse you of walking about with your eyes shut.

Hey Wastecoatwilly

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why the 'Crown of Aragon' flag for your avatar, are you Catalonian? If so, how do you think the Spanish league will get going again ? Do you think they will get it up and running better than in Scotland?

Hey Wastecoatwilly
Hope you don't mind me asking, but why the 'Crown of Aragon' flag for your avatar, are you Catalonian? If so, how do you think the Spanish league will get going again ? Do you think they will get it up and running better than in Scotland?

Betis face Séville on 11th June and they expect to have the season finished by 19th July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52848048

Jesus Christ....I mean, surely there's no other way of dressing this up other than it being the offer of a bribe.

A large cash sum being handed over to lower league clubs from third parties with no expectation of repayment. And no written proposal to detail the money handed over.

I mean, she should turn up with the money in a briefcase and have done with it.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Jesus Christ....I mean, surely there's no other way of dressing this up other than it being the offer of a bribe.

A large cash sum being handed over to lower league clubs from third parties with no expectation of repayment. And no written proposal to detail the money handed over.

I mean, she should turn up with the money in a briefcase and have done with it.

That's all it is.  Their desperation is brutal. 

Access to all that money as well.  Relegated.  For the 5th time.  She certainly is a very successful business woman.

If this money is going to be available no strings attached then surely reconstruction gets binned and the leagues are played as normal? Obviously depends how much these philanthropists are willing to put in but if it’s significant it kills reconstruction stone dead.

Edited by Zing.

6 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Daft question as I feel like I'm missing something here, but why are league 2 clubs so against 14 now, when a month ago they were collectively all for it.

They wanted permanent change, they also don't like the possibility that 14 has the potential to become 16 if it gets implemented and Brora and Kelty get in.

33 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Daft question as I feel like I'm missing something here, but why are league 2 clubs so against 14 now, when a month ago they were collectively all for it.

I think we have reached the 'fiver tae watch yer car mister?' stage of the negotiations.

1 hour ago, Bailey1874 said:

Hey Wastecoatwilly

What? You mean La Liga didn’t call their leagues and award Barca the title?

So Budge is saying there's philanthropists standing by to give clubs in the lower leagues millions of pounds.

By 'clubs in the lower leagues' she means 'Hearts'.

By 'philanthropists' she means 'The Foundation of Hearts'

Cockwomble is completely roasting her, FFS. 

He's now calling her bluff by going 'oh, well if there is no conditions and it's completely above board and altruistic, that's good, let's do it.' :lol:

I can sense a backtrack coming on. 

bribe
/brʌɪb/

verb
verb: bribe; 3rd person present: bribes; past tense: bribed; past participle: bribed; gerund or present participle: bribing
  1. dishonestly persuade (someone) to act in one's favour by a gift of money or other inducement.
    "they attempted to bribe opponents into reconstruction"

In almost desperate times,it appears that Budgies bribe means that Hearts are no longer a football club - but are now working as a charity handing out money...mmm lets get a high profile 'tv personality' to do an advert, this is way beyond the loaf of bread feeding thousands. Maybe a tv show 'Spreading the Jam'  ps wouldn't want to face Budgie in a divorce case !

Hearts getting relegated, no compensation, and Budge having to shell out millions to save face.

Incredible.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts getting relegated, no compensation, and Budge having to shell out millions to save face.

Incredible.

It's really terrific.  I must say I find their obvious discomfort extremely cathartic during these challenging times.

Thank you Mrs Budge.  Ya fucking daft auld goat.  

1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

It's really terrific.  I must say I find their obvious discomfort extremely cathartic during these challenging times.

Thank you Mrs Budge.  Ya fucking daft auld goat.  

It feels like she makes Hearts position worse every time she tries something.