League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, Jambo74 said:

She has said the voting system was ridiculous since day 1 to be fair to her.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/01/hearts-ann-budge-soul-challenges

f**k right off posting Ewan "Twat features" Murray articles on here.

The Guardian might indulge him but we dinnae have to read his shite.

Just now, Green Day said:

Yeah sorry - I just skimmed to check the quotes.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

What a fawning pile of pish that is.  Forelock tugging welt.  

Edited by TonyFerrino

1 minute ago, Jambo74 said:

lol, you didn't read it did you?

Lol.  Up until "One of her other moves, and a high-profile one, was to introduce the national living wage. "

Hibs did the same, quietly, without the need for Hearts mouthpieces to be blowing it about the press like the act of a Queen.

8 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Lol.  Up until "One of her other moves, and a high-profile one, was to introduce the national living wage. "

Hibs did the same, quietly, without the need for Hearts mouthpieces to be blowing it about the press like the act of a Queen.

Talking about it in an interview did raise the profile of low wages at clubs who could afford to pay - Celtic at the time weren't paying but agreed to a year later. Even now only 5 EPL clubs do and this is 5 years on.

If Hibs implemented it after the Budge said she had, the quietly would have been the best way to go tbf.

31 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Too bad she hadn't been paying last season's top team squad the national living wage, even though most didn't deserve that much. Hearts wouldn't be such a financial basket today.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Too bad she hadn't been paying last season's top team squad the national living wage, even though most didn't deserve that much. Hearts wouldn't be such a financial basket today.

Sorry to post a lot of links today, but have your club made any inroads into this?

https://www.stronachs.com/news-insights/insights/53-employment/251-st-mirren-bottom-of-the-national-minimum-wage-league-too

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Hearts in court would be great to see, I’m all for it.

It’ll cost them a fortune in legal fees, they’ll be given a dressing down by the judge and be comprehensively defeated.

It will be the latest in a long line of humiliations, on and off the park.

To think that the law courts are going to have an interest in the internal workings of a member organisation. Man alive, what an entertaining waste of everyone’s time.

With a huge backlog of civil and criminal cases caused by the pandemic, exactly when would a case like this ever get to court? Rhetorical question of course.

I realise that Hearts fans may be struggling at mo, but I think I've found a solution ! ! Hearts stay in the SPL but seeing as they are a BIG  club the following applies : for every HOME game that does not sell out, they have to pay for the missing fans on the Monday morning.Say 5,000 down at £25 straight into the bank please. (or face expulsion) There I've tried to help ! 

25 minutes ago, Oldbuddy2 said:

With a huge backlog of civil and criminal cases caused by the pandemic, exactly when would a case like this ever get to court? Rhetorical question of course.

Not an answer to your rhetorical question, obviously, but I do agree - there could be quite a bit of time between an injunction going in and an Edinburgh court hearing the case.

The funny thing is all of this could have been avoided had the SPFL run a vote with a 28 day limit and not tell clubs that there would be no money unless they ended the season there and then.

Not sure when the initial deadline ran out, but, given games are now going ahead again in Europe, and will soon be in England, all everyone needed to do was sit tight, use the furlough scheme, and re-start the season when ready - or re-think  what to do with more information.

Instead there's a rush to terminate, a total bodge of the vote, and at least two attempts to float a reconstruction.

The funny thing is all of this could have been avoided had the SPFL run a vote with a 28 day limit and not tell clubs that there would be no money unless they ended the season there and then.

Not sure when the initial deadline ran out, but, given games are now going ahead again in Europe, and will soon be in England, all everyone needed to do was sit tight, use the furlough scheme, and re-start the season when ready - or re-think  what to do with more information.

Instead there's a rush to terminate, a total bodge of the vote, and at least two attempts to float a reconstruction.
Restart the season?

What fucking planet are you on?

At 18k a game for tests it was never going to happen.

The only reason it's happening in the EPL is because of money.

It's the same reason they are proceeding despite having at least 4 teams with diagnosed coronavirus cases.

Despite the farcical SFA, SPFL and Junior cock ups ,I really hope that whatever happens to end this season once and for all - a ruling must be introduced to stop all this fucking about. Whether it's PPG or null & void, the clubs MUST know prior to the season starting. Am not convinced they'll be able to make a decision tho 😬

30 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

I realise that Hearts fans may be struggling at mo, but I think I've found a solution ! ! Hearts stay in the SPL but seeing as they are a BIG  club the following applies : for every HOME game that does not sell out, they have to pay for the missing fans on the Monday morning.Say 5,000 down at £25 straight into the bank please. (or face expulsion) There I've tried to help ! 

Great idea .

If you would just pop your bank account details on here I'll see what I can do

31 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Despite the farcical SFA, SPFL and Junior cock ups ,I really hope that whatever happens to end this season once and for all - a ruling must be introduced to stop all this fucking about. Whether it's PPG or null & void, the clubs MUST know prior to the season starting. Am not convinced they'll be able to make a decision tho 😬

The season has already ended.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Restart the season?

What fucking planet are you on?

At 18k a game for tests it was never going to happen.

The only reason it's happening in the EPL is because of money.

It's the same reason they are proceeding despite having at least 4 teams with diagnosed coronavirus cases.

I think he’s living on Planet England. A bit like Gordon Strachan, Alex Rae and Stewart Reagan, to name a few more.