League Reconstruction 20/21 season

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

She doesn't care, it's only about Hearts.

So Ann the voting system is not fit for purpose! Really.. you are actually telling lower league clubs / fans that?

The arrogance of this successful but desperate business woman is astounding. Does she actually think a statement like that will help her case?

Wow!!

I wonder if we are nearing the stage where the reaction to this is on a par with the levels attained by the Oldco in 2012? Might not quite be there but I reckon Charles Green can see the Jambos in the rear view mirror.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Guest DAVIDB69

I can see both sides of it hearts have been relegated on an incomplete season which is a disgrace and should never have been allowed to happen.

Budge is only interested in hearts and she has no interest in the lower leagues of her proposal and if she gets in a top 14 , she doesn’t give a shit about what happens to the other leagues or even if they are capable of starting the season.

24 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

I think Anne Budge’s proposal is a clear attempt to keep Hearts up and ultimately we deserve to go down... my worry is what are we actually going to go down to with suggestions of an mouth balled season or 18/20 game season for divisions below the Premier League.

For me I would of preferred her proposal to focus on how the bigger clubs could of supported the smaller clubs financially to get them through the next couple of seasons. 

Something radical like sharing all prize and tv money equally between all 42 clubs. It would be interesting to see if any of the Premier league teams would step up and share any TV money they receive for next season among all 42 clubs equally rather than keep the lions share amongst themselves. We should be thinking about the scottish game as a whole.. if sharing all the cash out equally meant Hearts got a smaller parachute payment but helped some of the smaller clubs survive then so be it. This may have also helped support clubs like QOS start the season without fans coming through the gate.

That may also have helped gain some support for any reconstruction from clubs in the lower divisions.

You might just about have a chance of persuading Celtic,Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen . But I reckon you'd have to prize it out of the dead hands of the other Premier teams. It's half their annual income.

*Insert Hearts - Premier gag here ^^^

33 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

Something radical like sharing all prize and tv money equally between all 42 clubs.

f**k that, I am not sanctioning Brechin players driving round in Mercs and Beemers, no sirreee

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I asked a simple question.

What is Ann Budges proposal if the 20/21 season cannot be started as normal?

You claimed the current set up and most clubs are failing to resolve that issue while Budge has it sussed, so what is her plan?

I don’t think I did suggest she had it sussed.. I just suggested she offered a suggestion which  I admitted was a clear attempt at keeping Hearts up. 

Scottish football appears in crisis and I don’t see anyone coming up with anything which looks like it is for the greater good of the game.. she’s had her shot, most people think it is crap, let’s move on and see someone else come up with something which will move all teams forward.

Just now, Unfinished sympathy said:

let’s move on and see someone else come up with something which will move all teams forward.

OK.

How about we start the players training in about 2 weeks, and start the leagues off mid August. 

Face masks required - for some, even after the coronavirus crisis is over................

jambostunna.png.6bb0c8af0a8f1510216c11be001b2d0f.png

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

OK.

How about we start the players training in about 2 weeks, and start the leagues off mid August. 

Face masks required - for some, even after the coronavirus crisis is over................

jambostunna.png.6bb0c8af0a8f1510216c11be001b2d0f.png

Is that Gregor Fisher on the right?

7 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

Scottish football appears in crisis and I don’t see anyone coming up with anything which looks like it is for the greater good of the game.. she’s had her shot, most people think it is crap, let’s move on and see someone else come up with something which will move all teams forward.

If Scottish football is in crisis, it's nothing to do with the amount of teams in each league.The leagues have an exciting ending each season the way they are.

Hearts are in in their own crisis due to finishing bottom.You cannot play almost all the sesson and have sporting merit not count.

UEFA had already said sporting merit must be used.

No one needs to come up with anything, we must hope we can get playing in front of fans in a few months time.

There's every chance we can.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I want the cameras to be there, trained on Budge’s face, when this gets voted down.

I would pay an extortionate amount for this Hearts season documentary. To think we're getting it for free.

OK lads, tell me what I'm missing here.

All the reconstruction talk appears to be assuming that we'll have 42 teams in the league as and when football restarts. Nobody seems to be allowing for some of them not making it through the summer. Or that at least a few of the ones that do, won't be financially strong enough to survive a season playing BCD, assuming this is required. 

Which means that even if enough clubs were in favour of reconstruction right now, temporary or otherwise; there doesn't seem to be much point in arguing about the details. Shirley we'll have to wait to see who comes out of this grinder before we can talk about how many will be in each division, or even how many divisions there will be. Right?

I have a feeling we're going to have to reconstruct in some form whether we want to or not. Which makes me think we'll need to hold off until we can say:

1. "OK, as of today, there are X teams left.

2.  Of those, Y won't survive the season without gate revenue.

3. So do we...

a)  Let them fold like the others?
or
b) Work out a way to have the richer clubs subsidise them? 

4. OK, so now we know how many teams will be starting the season...

5. The best format would be...

Or is there a reason why that's not being discussed?