League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Oooops! My miscount. Should be 14-20-10

That means the likes of Dundee swap some of their games against teams like Dunfermline for games against teams like Cowdenbeath

Which would probably attract some complaints

And it wouldn’t f**k over Hearts so that’s not going to be acceptable to many of our more excitable chums in Leith and Paisley

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That means the likes of Dundee swap some of their games against teams like Dunfermline for games against teams like Cowdenbeath

Which would probably attract some complaints

And it wouldn’t f**k over Hearts so that’s not going to be acceptable to many of our more excitable chums in Leith and Paisley

You were relegated.  Try not being so shite next time round.  For a year, no less. 

Some of these hearts fans in their forum are in a world of there own !!!, We are all diddy clubs, we all need them, boycott everyone, praying some team goes bust stay  in Seriously they are getting more and more like the Glasgow bigots every passing day, with one difference DOON  YOU GO CUS YOUR S**** !!

Budge now saying that the SPFL Board May step in if the lower league clubs snooker this.  If that happens then surely supporters of all clubs need to support the lower league clubs? 

5 minutes ago, Bose said:

Budge now saying that the SPFL Board May step in if the lower league clubs snooker this.  If that happens then surely supporters of all clubs need to support the lower league clubs? 

That WOULD be grounds for a court case.

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

How could they? It’s a members organisation. What the clubs vote for will be what happens.

Ive just watched the Sky Sports video. She’s saying it’s based on hearsay as she’s not read the rules, but the board can step in if they deem the situation to be serious enough/an emergency. 

Edited by Zing.

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

There’s a simple reason the top league gets first vote on this.  It’s to kill it.  If the rest of the leagues come together and agree to this then the pressure on no voting teams become huge.  Not that it seems to matter judging by what’s coming out the lower leagues.

This will be rejected at the first hurdle but that won’t be the end of reconstruction.  It will be for the premier league sure, but I’m willing to bet in a statement there will be a comment along the lines of “ while we can’t agree to reconstruction in the premier league at this time.  We will however not reject any reasonable reconstruction proposal for the Scottish championship and downwards”.

Now I’ve said this reconstruction idea before and I will write it again.  But I think two things about it.

One.  It is actually quite fair

Two.  It is actually really funny too.

We have four leagues of 12.  We bring up Kelty, Brora, Loco and Bonnyrigg.  We don’t relegate Thistle and Stranraer.  We let Falkirk and Edinburgh City up.  There we go leagues are the exact size, they can vote on having a split too.  Only one team actually gets relegated and we can give them some compensation.

Also you can bet if next season there’s a half season in the championship, you can bet whoever is bottom of the premier league will be screaming about it being unfair for them to be relegated when Hearts or Dundee have only played 18 games.  I’d expect that caveat to be mentioned in the reconstruction rejection also.

Not the worst idea in the world - even if engineered specifically to needle Jambos. The bit I’m laughing at though, is your slightly childlike or on-the-spectrum concern to make all the leagues the exact same size. Do you still draw pictures of symetrical houses with one window either side of a door? Do you arrange your socks into colour coded piles? Do you turn the tins in your kitchen cupboard so that the labels all face the same way? Lol.

0B096AC7-654B-49C1-A33D-CB364DC7BEEF.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

How could they? It’s a members organisation. What the clubs vote for will be what happens. 

I only listened to a bit of her pish but saying that the voting structure is not fit for purpose and that the lower league cubs could vote to torpedo reconstruction then not play.  Seems to me she wants the top league to have more votes. 

Edited by Bose

If the argument has now become "Look, you lot can't play behind closed doors and we can", and you have Sky adding pressure to get that top league on the telly, I have a feeling that something might actually come of this reconstruction. Whether that's a temporary 13 team top league, a 14 team top league, some leagues hibernating till January, not sure. 

8 minutes ago, Bose said:

Oh ffs, this is going to be neverending.  That reads as if Hearts have a good case to take to court and the spfl are in full panic mode again.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Oh ffs, this is going to be neverending.  That reads as if Hearts have a good case to take to court and the spfl are in full panic mode again.

I don’t think it does. It’s another desperate straw clutch by Ann Budge. She’s not even read the rules :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Bose said:

Well she said it's "hearsay" and that they "could" do it in an emergency.

I've still yet to be told why 12-10-10-10 with some teams being unable to play is any worse that 14-14-14 with some teams being unable to play.

Shes genuinely mental.

She was on the fucking SPFL board less than 2 years ago and is now saying she has no idea how it actually works 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 minutes ago, Bose said:

I only listened to a bit of her pish but saying that the voting structure is not fit for purpose and that the lower league cubs could vote to torpedo reconstruction then not play.  Seems to me she wants the top league to have more votes. 

She is a genuinely poisonous individual. 

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

If it could go to court it wouldve done by now.

The SPFL board dont control the Scottish game, they are elected, and controlled, by the clubs. Their individual powers are extremely limited and pretty much only include suspending players/staff.

They cannot restructure the league without a vote, no matter what the situation. 

22 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Ive just watched the Sky Sports video. She’s saying it’s based on hearsay as she’s not read the rules, but the board can step in if they deem the situation to be serious enough/an emergency. 

Not read the rules? You'd think she might have flicked through them by now in the circumstances. If the Board can step in, as and when, there's not much point in having rules. Unless they can in a crisis, in which case, again, she might have gone to the trouble of finding out in what circumstances.