League Reconstruction 20/21 season

42 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A global pandemic would be the short answer, I asked you a question yesterday and you didn't answer it.
As a Clyde fan being the top team in the bottom 14 does it give Clyde a better chance to be promoted?

Irrespective of a pandemic, if it was so much better then it should have been on the agenda anyway. Secondly, you have not answered my 2nd question.

Finally, it may give us a chance of promotion, however teams like Cove can outspend us, so nothing is guaranteed. The key argument here is having already gained promotion away from the bottom league we should not need to have to do it again. Quite simple.

4 hours ago, Sparticus said:

The article just doesnt make any sense to me tbh.

It does if you remember the context is Keith Jackson.

I expect the minnows to crash through the league trapdoor after the beaks and bigwigs censure them at the next crisis summit, said an insider. (Insert burst ba' here)

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

You were probably too busy reading what Romeo said on the rangers thread...

Having checked nothing of interest. Quelle surprise. There was another poster who posted even more often than Juliet's husband...

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For the bottom teams it's a shorter journey to the top plus I have my doubts that it's temporary.
The championship will be more interesting with more part time clubs gives them a chance to look at full time.
Arbroath has set the standard last season if they want to stay part time.

Any club that even considers changing from part time to full time in the present climate should be excluded from future input. As should you.

40 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

😂 Bennett levels of banter... you are his number one fan after all...

Shall we leave it there old man, starting to clog the thread with nonsense 

Thought that was you?

12 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Irrespective of a pandemic, if it was so much better then it should have been on the agenda anyway. Secondly, you have not answered my 2nd question.

Finally, it may give us a chance of promotion, however teams like Cove can outspend us, so nothing is guaranteed. The key argument here is having already gained promotion away from the bottom league we should not need to have to do it again. Quite simple.

For me if the 14-14-14 is voted through in two years time it will stay that's the budge fudge bit.
Your second question becomes irrelevant Clyde have their finishing position. 

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me if the 14-14-14 is voted through in two years time it will stay that's the budge fudge bit.
Your second question becomes irrelevant Clyde have their finishing position. 

They have their finishing position BEFORE talk of reconstruction. Not acceptable. If you are going to change structures you have to give notice.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
13 hours ago, jaybeee said:

Ask Captain Mannering; he will explain it to you

No, I've asked you. Why ask about playing out this season when you know it was called last week?

To be honest if you can't be bothered following the posts back to see why the conversation turned in that direction , then I can't be bothered explaining, possibly a little like the reverse of Mannering and Wilson.

For those that are so convinced that three fourteens is a great idea, what do we gain from scrapping it in two years? How do we benefit from having a different number of teams in each section post-split? How does the game get more exciting by having more teams in mid-table and fewer (as a percentage) clubs involved in the end of season promotion/relegation/playoffs battle?

I've heard that this is beneficial to Scottish football but nobody has stated how. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

12 hours ago, Green Day said:

Stopped reading at that point..........

i do believe there are night classes that might help you to improve your reading skills (after the virus is gone)  in the meantime might I suggest attempting some of the wonderful stories of the Famous Five?

5 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I now have no idea what point you are trying to make. At this point I'll give up...……...

Last season had to be called Clyde finished in 7th, you can't reconstruct if the season isn't called, the reconstruction plan is temporary giving clubs two years notice. 
In two years time there will be no desire to go back to the 12-10-10-10.