League Reconstruction 20/21 season

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think you need to step back and see is 14-14-14 a better set up than the one we have now.
I like the split in a 14 because it sorts out the uneven games that the 12 gives us.
I like the bigger league because it gives 2 more teams a crack in the top flight.
Is 14 better than 12 for me yes,do we need to change the 12 not really.

If 14-14-14 is so much better than what we have now then answer 2 questions please.

1. Why was it only introduced as a serious question/option in the past 8 weeks and not before the season started?

2. Why not go as we are and introduce it next summer AFTER every club knows what the outcome will be for finishing in a particular league position?

3 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Written by Keith Jackson the lying c**t.  Record Sport "understands" with the usual quotes from nobody other than sources.  Ok then.

If Keith Jackson told me fire was hot I'd still put my hand in it to check.  Or something.

You might be as well putting his hand in it. He could be right in this instance. (A bit like Bohemian was right earlier...)

11 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If 14-14-14 is so much better than what we have now then answer 2 questions please.

1. Why was it only introduced as a serious question/option in the past 8 weeks and not before the season started?

2. Why not go as we are and introduce it next summer AFTER every club knows what the outcome will be for finishing in a particular league position?

A global pandemic would be the short answer, I asked you a question yesterday and you didn't answer it.
As a Clyde fan being the top team in the bottom 14 does it give Clyde a better chance to be promoted?

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How about two leagues of 20?

Can we not go one step further? One big league of 44 next year, play each other once through random draw of home and away. 

Revert back to current system in 2021-2022 with the top 12 playing the premiersip, the next 10 in the championship etc and bottom 2 back down to the lowland/highland leagues.

Unless Hearts finish below 12th, in which case rinse and repeat every year until we're guaranteed Premiership status. 

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You might be as well putting his hand in it. He could be right in this instance. (A bit like Bohemian was right earlier...)

I'm not sure how or when I rattled your cage but whatever or whenever it was seems to have really upset you. 😂

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I'm not sure how or when I rattled your cage but whatever or whenever it was seems to have really upset you. 😂

Post a comment = upset. Cheryl Cole Okay GIF - CherylCole Okay Awkward GIFs

43 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think you need to step back and see is 14-14-14 a better set up than the one we have now.
I like the split in a 14 because it sorts out the uneven games that the 12 gives us.
I like the bigger league because it gives 2 more teams a crack in the top flight.
Is 14 better than 12 for me yes,do we need to change the 12 not really.

The split happens too early in the season in the 14 format.  

Teams could end up operating with two different squads, one going full throttle in the league at the start then a scaled down one from January as their aspirations are cut to seventh place.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A global pandemic would be the short answer, I asked you a question yesterday and you didn't answer it.
As a Clyde fan being the top team in the bottom 14 does it give Clyde a better chance to be promoted?

Being the top team in the third 10 would also get them an excellent chance of promotion.