League Reconstruction 20/21 season

14 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Why is Budge getting a 2nd shot at this? All she has done is wrapped up the box with a different bow on top. It's still the same crap plan to save her crap team.

No chance this will go ahead, nothing has changed in the last 2 weeks.

It's not even a full proposal.It has left gaps that she obviously knows she cant fill without it failing.

Like the relegation issue in however many years time? That in itself blows it apart.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Apparently Doncaster is warning of the most dire of consequences if reconstruction doesn't happen and he's going to sort out any dissenters. 

Does Anne Budge actually have a chance of winning this in court? If Scoops article is correct then the spfl are back in full panic mode.

A known liar.

Apparently Doncaster is warning of the most dire of consequences if reconstruction doesn't happen and he's going to sort out any dissenters. 

Does Anne Budge actually have a chance of winning this in court? If Scoops article is correct then the spfl are back in full panic mode.
Who, Keith 'financial whizzkid' and 'wealth off the radar' Jackson? [emoji23].
It's not even a full proposal.It has left gaps that she obviously knows she cant fill without it failing.
Like the relegation issue in however many years time? That in itself blows it apart.
It fucks over teams like Cove Rangers just now, and of course the crazy relegation issue in 2 years time. What happens if Hearts are bottom again? 16 team league? Then 18 if they are bottom again?

10 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You don't need to. Since Hearts are in the top tier after a void season, the impetus for reconstruction somehow magically wanes...

Voiding the season was never on the table too many liabilities to sort out.
Dealing with one problem at a time effect the next one,I still think reconstruction is a red herring but it needs to be dealt with.
14-14-14 is not a bad idea and I have my doubts it's temporary, 

2 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

A 13 team top league is the obvious answer, promote 1 team in from each division & relegate noone. This makes room for one of Kelty or Brora.

Does mean 2 teams getting relegated next season. Also 1 team would be automatically relegated from League 2. Everything else would remain the same.

Maybe use average points for the extra relegation so this season still counts?

I thought that was a possible solution a couple of months ago. As Bennett said, it doesn't undo the injustice to Falkirk though - so SPFL would still need to throw a 7 figure sum at them. But if we are now seriously in danger of losing several teams from each league, then you do need bigger leagues. Otherwise you end up mid-season like a youth football league with only 7 or 8 teams and 6 or 7 opponents.

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Who, Keith 'financial whizzkid' and 'wealth off the radar' Jackson? emoji23.png.It fucks over teams like Cove Rangers just now, and of course the crazy relegation issue in 2 years time. What happens if Hearts are bottom again? 16 team league? Then 18 if they are bottom again?

A few weeks ago, scoop was the bees knees on PnB, now not so much.

Such a fickle bunch.

14 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Are you for real?  You go around red dotting folk and commenting on spelling and grammar, while frequently failing at both, and I'm to get a life?

What a fud you are pal.  

P.s. your tears are delicious.

14 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Just ignore him, simples

For once, Bohemian is correct.

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Took you a day to come up with that...😂

Didn't read this thread yesterday, sorry.

Please send me the approved Hibernian FC club reading list.

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ignoring Jacksons rubbish, I've yet to hear how this reconstruction saves Scottish football. Budge is trying to spread this message but I've yet to see anything tangible.

Other than the short term thinking of Hearts being a bigger club, why should anyone vote for this?

I think you need to step back and see is 14-14-14 a better set up than the one we have now.
I like the split in a 14 because it sorts out the uneven games that the 12 gives us.
I like the bigger league because it gives 2 more teams a crack in the top flight.
Is 14 better than 12 for me yes,do we need to change the 12 not really.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Didn't read this thread yesterday, sorry.

Please send me the approved Hibernian FC club reading list.

Apology accepted.. keep up old man.

You were probably too busy reading what Romeo said on the rangers thread...

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think you need to step back and see is 14-14-14 a better set up than the one we have now.
I like the split in a 14 because it sorts out the uneven games that the 12 gives us.
I like the bigger league because it gives 2 more teams a crack in the top flight.

That's just personal preference. If we get into that you'd be here all day with several different answers.

We're being presented with one option that is apparently crucial to save Scottish football i.e. we're being told this is about more than just saving Hearts from relegation. So my question is, why? Why is 12-10-10-10 going to send us into peril and 14-14-14 is the saviour? I can't see it.

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Apology accepted.. keep up old man.

You were probably too busy reading what Romeo said on the rangers thread...

Didn't read that either, have to have a look at that later. Can't remember what kept me from this non-story thread yesterday.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Didn't read that either, have to have a look at that later. Can't remember what kept me from this non-story thread yesterday.

Not to worry old man, not remembering things happens at your age. Chin up..

But is 14 better than 10 for the lower divisions? This needs to suit everyone, not just the top flight.

Liking a 14 team league with a split that will give us 36 games for the top 6 and 40 for the bottom 8 because it sorts out uneven games that 12 gives us seems a bit of a push?

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Doncaster can recommend a solution, but the clubs still need to vote for it.

Can you explain to us what - in Budges proposal - makes it better for the 42 teams?

Happy to take your answers on a divisional level.

Budgie doesn't want Hearts in a Championship that might be cancelled or curtailed.  End-of-message.