League Reconstruction 20/21 season

What would be the point of playing lower league games behind closed doors,  The games exist for the fans to watch, they have little else value, at the end of the season the best team goes up but in the main the teams have played for the ‘enjoyment’ of the fans.  Why would you pay players for games that generate no income?

The top league has more prize money to perhaps make it cost effective but even that is unlikely.

14 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

But wot about peter Lawells cash injection ? take it that’s a donation 🧐

It's not a cash injection. All this talk about bribes etc.. really has you rattled. We are not like that anymore, gone are the chancers and gangster chairmen. We are a reformed progressive club, clean cut, standing up for fairness.

Spoiler

Announce Griffiths.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's not a cash injection. All this talk about bribes etc.. really has you rattled. We are not like that anymore, gone are the chancers and gangster chairmen. We are a reformed progressive club, clean cut, standing up for fairness.

Reveal hidden contents

Announce Griffiths.

When is McPake due back in court?

1 hour ago, jaybeee said:

Not trying to be MR clever dick here......but surely any restart of the footy would need to be sanctioned by the government? and I (living in Engerlund) believe that while some of the English leagues may restart with government approval, I really don't believe it will happen in Scotland ..............which makes the whole of that particular argument irrelevent.  By the way so nice to read a Hearts fan who (while beeing pissed) is still being realistic, well done you sir. 

Stopped reading at that point..........

There are so many questions with 14-14-14 which in turn generate more questions

1. Are all three leagues going to split 6-8?
2. How are promotion and relegation going to work?
3. If it is for two seasons, is the plan to go back to 12-10-10-10 for season 3?

1. If they do, would teams in tiers 2&3 be better off by having 4 additional match days to generate revenue?
Do they intend simply to have the bottom section playing 4 additional midweek fixtures in the last 8-10 weeks of the season?
How will this work if there are playoffs to be scheduled at the end of the season?

2. Will it be 2 up 2 down in all leagues?
Will there be playoffs?
Will there still only be the opportunity for one club to join the league from the pyramid?
What will happen at the end of season 2 with promotion relegation if the plan is to go back to 12-10-10-10?

3. With 1 up 1 down, this would see 7 (seven) teams relegated from tier 2 to tier 3 at the end of season 2 and the winners of tier 3 going from the bottom tier to the championship. To me, this exposes current championship clubs to the greatest level of risk. Clubs like Dunfermline, Ayr, Morton, Queen of the South would be at a much increased risk of finding themselves in tier 3 at the end of the two seasons than they currently do. Conversely, there is an increased chance of a current tier 3 or 4 side finding themselves in tier 2 at the end of it all. Seems to be a minimal risk to them in comparison to a more substantial risk to the current championship teams.

I do wonder if any of this has been considered in Budge's fudge or they just think ah f**k it, we'll go 14-14-14 just to save ourselves and sod actually thinking about the practicalities of how this will actually work.

5 hours ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Well there is a shock. The papers are reporting Doncaster is to tell clubs to vote for reconstruction. 

Written by Keith Jackson the lying c**t.  Record Sport "understands" with the usual quotes from nobody other than sources.  Ok then.

If Keith Jackson told me fire was hot I'd still put my hand in it to check.  Or something.

5 hours ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Well there is a shock. The papers are reporting Doncaster is to tell clubs to vote for reconstruction. 

Why would he? He's not in a position to do that?

The reconstruction is only to help hearts and bad for so many other teams.

Unless there's some form of bribe happenning here?

Mind last time Doncaster told clubs to vote a certain way or face destroying Scottish football?

They all voted the way he wanted then didnt they?...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mind last time Doncaster told clubs to vote a certain way or face destroying Scottish football?

They all voted the way he wanted then didnt they?...

FFS Rangers,hearts and stranraer were right all along.my heads gonna explode.

FWIW hes clearly made that up.

He claims that if this reconstruction vote fails, then any club who doesnt agree to start playing when the season starts on its originally planned date will be instantly expelled from the SPFL.

As if the next two months dont exist and its August tomorrow.