League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Celtic didn't vote against the original decision.
There wasn't a vote. There were 6 clubs saying they had no interest in reconstruction. Nothing has changed except Budge has strung hearts fans along for another fortnight with the vague idea that it might happen.

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

My mistake I assumed they were one of the clubs who blocked Budge’s original reconstruction plan. 

Nae probs,if clubs are voting on self-interest I don't think it effects Celtic in any way whether it stays at 12 or 14.
As a Clyde fan what do you think of the pros and cons?

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Celtic didn't vote against the original decision.

There wasn't a vote. There were 6 clubs saying they had no interest in reconstruction. Nothing has changed except Budge has strung hearts fans along for another fortnight with the vague idea that it might happen.

Yeah I know that it didn't even get that far but I think the 6 clubs were mostly the bottom 6, it will be interesting if any of them has changed their minds but I doubt it.

Nae probs,if clubs are voting on self-interest I don't think it effects Celtic in any way whether it stays at 12 or 14.
As a Clyde fan what do you think of the pros and cons?
There are no pros for Clyde. We get a doing financially with a large reduction in away supports and playing in a restructured league 1 which has reduced prize money.

Unjust and unfair to relegate Hearts according to Budge but absolutely fine to f**k over Cove, Clyde, Peterhead Forfar and Stranraer.

Yeah I know that it didn't even get that far but I think the 6 clubs were mostly the bottom 6, it will be interesting if any of them has changed their minds but I doubt it.

They haven’t.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

There are no pros for Clyde. We get a doing financially with a large reduction in away supports and playing in a restructured league 1 which has reduced prize money.

Unjust and unfair to relegate Hearts according to Budge but absolutely fine to f**k over Cove, Clyde, Peterhead Forfar and Stranraer.

Can Clyde start games behind closed doors? 
Or do you think the league will not start until hospitality and fans are allowed back in?

8 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

You'll get no arguments from me. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought we had some case but we've probably all but fucked it now. Still raging mind.I have only clocked the French tbh. You'll forgive me for not scouring the league's in my state of apathy. From what I've seen the relegated Belgian team are still looking to challenge it. It's more than seeing other leagues now looking to restart up when we went for the quick option to tie up the TV money. I don't grudge clubs for doing it, but the manner of that vote still irks. Say what you like about everyone else, none of the other countries declared it in the joke manner we did.

Not trying to be MR clever dick here......but surely any restart of the footy would need to be sanctioned by the government? and I (living in Engerlund) believe that while some of the English leagues may restart with government approval, I really don't believe it will happen in Scotland ..............which makes the whole of that particular argument irrelevent.  By the way so nice to read a Hearts fan who (while beeing pissed) is still being realistic, well done you sir. 

So next Monday a decision will be made to this embarrassing proposal . This is how I see it going
It’s a no maybe a yes back to a no 100% no Doncaster says it should be a yes 40 clubs on the Sunday say no .. Peter lawwell comes onto sky at 1030 Sunday night he says right decision for Scottish football it is a yes . Monday vote it passes
Ann budge thanks the chairman who voted for the change . Especially her good friend peter lawwell

11 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Not trying to be MR clever dick here......but surely any restart of the footy would need to be sanctioned by the government? and I (living in Engerlund) believe that while some of the English leagues may restart with government approval, I really don't believe it will happen in Scotland ..............which makes the whole of that particular argument irrelevent.  By the way so nice to read a Hearts fan who (while beeing pissed) is still being realistic, well done you sir. 

The SPFL and SFA have been in constant dialogue with the Scottish Government throughout this, and Phase 2 of the road map specifically mentions the restart of professional sport.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL and SFA have been in constant dialogue with the Scottish Government throughout this, and Phase 2 of the road map specifically mentions the restart of professional sport.

Yes, but when?  In time to play out this season?  (which can't happen now as it's officially done)

11 minutes ago, lowland star said:

So next Monday a decision will be made to this embarrassing proposal . This is how I see it going
It’s a no maybe a yes back to a no 100% no Doncaster says it should be a yes 40 clubs on the Sunday say no .. Peter lawwell comes onto sky at 1030 Sunday night he says right decision for Scottish football it is a yes . Monday vote it passes
Ann budge thanks the chairman who voted for the change . Especially her good friend peter lawwell

Reading this gave me a headache.

16 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Yes, but when?  In time to play out this season?  (which can't happen now as it's officially done)

In time to start next season in August hopefully, barring a setback in the coronavirus outbreak.