League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Hopefully it’s dead in the water after the Premiership clubs meet on Monday. Although I’d pay good money to watch the Championship meeting unfold. Scot Gardiner is going to get verbally slapped about.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise the only person guilty of trying to financially bribe clubs to vote the way they want is Ann Budge?

The "proposal" makes that clear.

You’ll have damaging emails from budge saying she’s buying votes?

no thought not. 

Money drives everything in Scottish football. So if we’re to go to a championship in which few want to play court is the way to go.

Just now, Gorgie greatness said:

no thought not. 

................and yet, you have been shooting your gob off for days about others "buying votes"

You are a child

Just now, Gorgie greatness said:

no thought not. 

Money drives everything in Scottish football. So if we’re to go to a championship in which few want to play court is the way to go.

Court is (and always has been) the only sensible option.

The carnage will be a joy to behold.

Given that Budge has taken a number of days to think it through and has consulted with other clubs, is the full detail of the proposal to try 14-14-14, is that it.  We were talking about that on day one. Is there no more detail?

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The reconstruction clearly won't pass.  But trying to group teams into leagues where they can actually and allow the option for leagues to be mothballed for clubs that can afford it doesn't seem that bad.  It's temporary with an option to vote on it remaining or reverting to the current setup in the future.  Teams complaining it means they could get relegated in two years time, it could also see you more likely to be promoted in one.  Also, I think more importantly, if we don't try to act there might not be some clubs here in 2 years

Cove, Stranraer, Forfar etc would still be in the third tier so not 'relegated", it's literally a restructure.

There are teams who can't afford not to play with no income.  There are some who would be in a position to do so once some fans are back, and there are some who want to mothball until they feel they can come out of it.  Fans want to see Hearts down, fair enough.  But there's going to be a point very soon all clubs will start struggling, a temporary restructure to make sure you are aligned as closely as possible with teams in the same boat makes sense and I genuinely  think this helps in regards to the problems those challenges bring, it's clearly not perfect.  It won't be voted for, but it's not the horror show everyone here is claiming it to be. 

So what you are suggesting is a relegation league of Hearts, Partick and Stranraer, padded out with teams currently in relegation play off spots viz Hamilton,  Q.o.S, Forfar Athletic and Brechin City? Interesting.

4 hours ago, Ian38018 said:

I have never quite bought into this argument of clubs disappearing, if we cannot start up again soon.  

If needs be they just go to into hibernation (no pun intended) until conditions allow resumption.  After all, I am fairly sure all clubs re-emerged after seven years inactivity after WWII - with the exception of King's Park, who had lost their park to the Luftwaffe.

St Bernards didn't either. And there wasn't seven years of inactivity for everyone, there were wartime leagues and cups.

Edited by Jacksgranda

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does Argentina, or Brazil, not use, or used to use, some form of average points over a 2 or 3 season period?

Argentina have had a three season average since the 80s, which was unashamedly designed in the hope of saving big clubs from ever finding themselves in relegation trouble, with the logic that they may have one shite season but they'll never have three in a row.

In a hilarious turn of events, it allowed River Plate to never feel in any real danger of relegation two seasons running when they only picked up two or three more points than the worst sides in the division as they'd had a 60+ point season before that, but then the results of those seasons still being included managed to put them in the relegation playoff spot in the following season where they finished 4th of 20 in the Apertura and 9th of 20 in the Clausura. They then got their arses handed to them in the playoff.

9 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I asked before and will ask again in different words, what are Hearts reasons for going to court? The big boys won’t let us play?  The big f**k up was Dundee’s vote and even that doesn’t seem to have broken any rules. 

9 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I'm starting to lose place in the cascading list of disgruntled Jambo power fantasies.

Am I right in thinking 'We'll burn all of scottish football doon by suing the entire SPFL for billions' comes after 'We'll band together with all the wee teams/big teams (delete as appropriate) and push through reconstruction despite the protests of the big teams/wee teams (delete as appropriate)!' and before 'We'll boycott away games and let Scottish fitba' come begging to the Hearts fans to bring back the maroon pound'?

Or do I have those in the wrong order?

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Uh oh, one of them is starting to become self-aware...

"Human decisions are removed from Kickback. Budgenet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 PM, Eastern time,  27th May. In a panic, they try to pull the plug."

"Budgenet fights back."

"Yes. It launches its missiles against the targets in the Seaside Leagues."

Screen-Shot-2019-11-02-at-5.44.00-PM.png

1 minute ago, Bose said:

I asked before and will ask again in different words, what are Hearts reasons for going to court? The big boys won’t let us play?  The big f**k up was Dundee’s vote and even that doesn’t seem to have broken any rules. 

wtf?  :lol:

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

I'm starting to lose place in the cascading list of disgruntled Jambo power fantasies.

Am I right in thinking 'We'll burn all of scottish football doon by suing the entire SPFL for billions' comes after 'We'll band together with all the wee teams/big teams (delete as appropriate) and push through reconstruction despite the protests of the big teams/wee teams (delete as appropriate)!' and before 'We'll boycott away games and let Scottish fitba' come begging to the Hearts fans to bring back the maroon pound'?

Or do I have those in the wrong order?

Oh dear........