League Reconstruction 20/21 season

21 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

It needs three backers to go to vote? Which democratically run club can put their backing to this?

They may have self interest as their motive but it'll be a PR disaster to back that.

I’ve read Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen are supportive. 

45 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Easily resolved cut the obscene wages and all clubs refuse to deal with agents would save a fortune 

You nailed it.  Football clubs are almost unique as companies, in that they have 100% control over their biggest flexible cost.  

If you cannae afford the payments on your Beamer, buy a Fiesta. 

26 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

It needs three backers to go to vote? Which democratically run club can put their backing to this?

They may have self interest as their motive but it'll be a PR disaster to back that.

Which clubs are run democratically?

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Cove, Stranraer, Forfar etc would still be in the third tier so not 'relegated", it's literally a restructure. 

It might be a restructure, but it is a clearly worse for Forfar, Peterhead and Clyde who weren't even bottom like Stranraer were. They will be playing, mostly with the 10 teams that formed 2019-20 L2 and the trap door no longer leads down a division but to playoff out of the league and it is a demotion to the bottom tier. Even Cove haven't really got much for their 'promotion'.

If you take all the teams from 1-42, Clyde finished 29th, next season Clyde could win the division and still only be 29th.... 

If the current proposals are unfair on Hearts/Thistle, the current proposal is unfair on clubs 7-9th in League 1 and winner of L2.  

Couple of big ifs there. Pretty sure they won’t be able to go down the legal route until they’ve been to the  SFA then to CAS. The courts will ask if all internal routes have been explored before they get involved. 
I thought FIFA had an issue with clubs trying to take football authorities to court?

59 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Easily resolved cut the obscene wages and all clubs refuse to deal with agents would save a fortune 

Unfortunately they're a fecking necessary evil in the game so the players can focus on the football,the wages point I don't blame players for making as much as they can for about 15 years of their life if they've got the talent.  

Unfortunately they're a fecking necessary evil in the game so the players can focus on the football,the wages point I don't blame players for making as much as they can for about 15 years of their life if they've got the talent.  
I'm the same tbh. There's a fantasy going round that it's players wages which cause high ticket prices etc. It isn't, clubs charge what they can get away with. The money battering round football I'd rather see going into the pockets of the players entertaining us than the owners, because that's the alternative to players being paid well.

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, Bose said:
Couple of big ifs there. Pretty sure they won’t be able to go down the legal route until they’ve been to the  SFA then to CAS. The courts will ask if all internal routes have been explored before they get involved. 

I thought FIFA had an issue with clubs trying to take football authorities to court?

They do. But national courts have an issue with any entities that think they can operate outwith the law.

4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Its a football association.You have to abide by their rules to be a member.

As long as those rules don’t break any laws.

10 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Dont most clubs have boardroom votes?

After a fashion. For small stuff. But you don’t last long on any board by going against the wishes of your major shareholder. Think Vlad and Hearts.

If we have to have 14 teams in the premiership next season relegation should be on points per game over season 19-20 and 20-21.

That way the failures of season 19-20 are not rewarded and the teams who finished at the bottom have a way to play their way out of the mess they created. For relegation the promoted teams would just be judged on the season 20-21 in the Premiership.