League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Absolutely. They deserve less prize money for placing lower in the (admittedly cut slightly short) competition.

If the competition didn't take place, though - as in if it was voided by a vote - what prize money there is should be divvied up evenly because there's no other sane way of allocating it. Likewise, if the Premiership was voided, there would be no case to relegate Hearts.

Do you even have a grasp of what it means to void the competition?

The SPFL clubs could take a decision to divvy it up whatever reasonable way they chose. It's really not a difficult concept.

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

Enough of this shite. The SPFL should be for any club who earns a place in it on sporting merit. 

Correct and if they are prepared and able to be a real full time professional club then they should be promoted into a professional league.

If it’s a team of brickies and plumbers that train 2 nights a week then they can stay playing in leagues full of other community clubs with part time players.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

The SPFL clubs could take a decision to divvy it up whatever reasonable way they chose. It's really not a difficult concept.

They can. But why would they divvy it up in the stupid way you think they would? The 'money carrot' argument is actually one in favour of voiding the season, in that more clubs win if the season is voided than if it's ended.

The clubs voted for ending the season *despite* them making more prize money from voiding the season, not because of it. Thicko.

Does the SPFL board get refreshed each year? Is it due over the summer? It will be interesting who stands for election.

It will also be interesting if the old adage prevails that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Hearts fans really do have high opinion of themselves ! Blame Budge for the position they find themselves in, she appoints a clown in Levin, takes forever to sack him, then takes weeks to appoint another dud ! 

Now ! she has another attempt to force though reconstruction to cover her mismanagement of her club, and as for the hearts fans boycotts they are getting more and more like the vermin **** everyday.

If Budge gets her wish of reconstruction and stays in the league with ICT joining them.

She says no parachute payment or compensation will be required.

Do Dundee and Ayr United not get a penny in compensation? Of course not, as that would mess up her agenda.

She can f**k off.

1 hour ago, Bose said:

Can someone please clarify what the wording of this legal action is likely to be?  Is it something like, a global pandemic caused the football season to be halted while Hearts were bottom of the league.  The SPFL, of which we are a voting member, decided to hold a vote to determine if the league could be at some point be completed or if it should be considered finished and placings decided on a points per game average.  We lost that vote, which no one has suggested was undemocratic, so we are going to scream and scream and scream until we get what we want. 

There must be something I am not seeing here.

Sirs,

I am a successful business woman who has spent an inordinate amount of cash to achieve mediocrity and subsequently be caught with my drawers around my ankles.

As such it's no fair, Hearts are too big to fail, so please let some other saps take the rap in 2 years which gives me enough time to hire a manager who isn't a perennial loser and keep us well out of it.

Yours, successful business woman Dr Mrs Ann Budge.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'd have more respect for Budge if she stopped trying to pedal that this is about the good of Scottish football.

It is about saving Hearts and nothing else, I don't have a particular issue with her attempting to do that. 

As it is, and has been said, this is dead on arrival. No chance.

Other clubs should call her bluff - tell her they'll vote for 14-14-14 but only if she accepts Hearts going down and the top 3 in the Championship coming up.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

If Budge gets her wish of reconstruction and stays in the league with ICT joining them.

She says no parachute payment or compensation will be required.

Do Dundee and Ayr United not get a penny in compensation? Of course not, as that would mess up her agenda.

She can f**k off.

Quite a lot of parachutes will be required when 3 or 4 (if play offs kick in) get expelled in two years time.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, they are a board elected by the clubs to provide leadership and do the required due diligence.

They proposed a resolution based on the available information and the clubs got the final say on it. I'm not sure why people are so affronted by the fact 'null and void' and holding out to play the rest of the games were looked at by the board and decided not to be practical. 

Because with decisions as crucial as this, the members should have been fully appraised of the 3 options and consequences - albeit with a clear recommendation from the board and no misguided threat about money. Did this happen? tbf I don't have access to the board paper and neither do 99.9% of posters on here. Not sure about Craigkillie though.

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

Other clubs should call her bluff - tell her they'll vote for 14-14-14 but only if she accepts Hearts going down and the top 3 in the Championship coming up.

You can tell in what she says that she believes a 12 team top league is best for Scottish football, and it is.

Hearts couldnt care less about everyone else.Remember who they'd owed 26M to just six or seven years ago?

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

League reconstruction in the SPFL is like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.
There needs to be a fresh look at Scottish football.Gordon Strachan was right when he said that the SPFL should be for full time professional clubs.

The part time clubs should be playing in regional leagues along with all the other part time clubs.

What difference would that make, do you think?

It would mean more money for full time clubs to keep players in full time employment.

Part time football has its place but those clubs shouldn’t be deciding what happens in the professional game.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I am not convinced that anyone working at the BBC has actually sat down and read the (fairly brief) rules around SPFL resolutions, so pretty much every article starts off being published with duff information before being corrected a few hours or days later.

We all know the 11-1 vote stops everything going forward,there was a suggestion that if the distribution of dosh didn't change or went up then a 75% vote would do.
It didn't come from the BBC it came from the chairmen of a club speaking on the BBC,.

11 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

You can tell in what she says that she believes a 12 team top league is best for Scottish football, and it is.

Hearts couldnt care less about everyone else.Remember who they'd owed 26M to just six or seven years ago?

Why should we care about anyone else? Ann's document is clearly about self preservation (not the way I would have gone about it, would have tried to be more subtle about it) but in the end it shouldn't be our job to draw up plans to save other clubs, or indeed Scottish Football. That's the SPFL's job and this whole shambles has made it clear that's not going to happen. 

Just now, GorgieRoad said:

Why should we care about anyone else? Ann's document is clearly about self preservation (not the way I would have gone about it, would have tried to be more subtle about it) but in the end it shouldn't be our job to draw up plans to save other clubs, or indeed Scottish Football. That's the SPFL's job and this whole shambles has made it clear that's not going to happen. 

If you're wanting to reconstruct the entire league format just to save yourselves from relegation, then yes, you need to make it beneficial to more than just Hearts.

As it happens, you have not.

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It would mean more money for full time clubs to keep players in full time employment.

Part time football has its place but those clubs shouldn’t be deciding what happens in the professional game.

You seem to be having a hard time grasping that 'part-time' and 'professional' are not mutually exclusive to one another.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

You wont be surprised when this gets booted out and you have to play in the championship next season then?

That's your level based on sporting merit.

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Ooft, clear who you support.

In my lifetime I've seen part time clubs in the top flight, well remember watching the Dandies at Dumbarton in the top flight in '85.

Not sure why full time = better players, they may be fitter but there is no guarantee that just having full time clubs would make the product on display any better. If full time automatically meant better than Partick wouldn't have finished behind Alloa and Arbroath, Falkirk wouldn't have fecked their season by being unable to beat Clyde 3 times in the league.

Edited by Junior Pub League