League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Also, for a good laugh:

Championship opposition to the plan is further heightened by ill-feeling towards Inverness Chief Executive Scot Gardiner following a bitter civil war over the SPFL's resolution to end the season. 

Championship won't vote for this. A Budge wants to just accept her team is relegated, what would she say to Dundee & Inverness going up but Hearts stay in Championship in other words 3 up 1 down. I don't think she would want 14 teams in top league then.... 

I mean, it might have had no chance anyway, but surely 14/10/18 would have been a better votewinner (assuming we're sticking at 42).

No-one relegated, less disruption caused when reverting back to the previous structure and gives a more accurate split in terms of teams who are likely to be able to play the whole season/half a season/not at all next season. 14 is also an awkward number for divisions with promotion and relegation.

Probably wasn't considered.

Edited by DC92

I must say I love those on Kickback who are not even willing to believe that any number of Championship clubs would have already dismissed this awful proposal. Gives me a good chuckle.

image.png.9267f29d4e7ef23b3aa351ae788f5ee2.png

Particularly big fans of GS's words too.

image.png.9ab2ff07a040979cea23f7ac11c7ac96.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I must say I love those on Kickback who are not even willing to believe that any number of Championship clubs would have already dismissed this awful proposal. Gives me a good chuckle.

image.png.9267f29d4e7ef23b3aa351ae788f5ee2.png

Particularly big fans of GS's words too.

image.png.9ab2ff07a040979cea23f7ac11c7ac96.png

Can we not just kick hearts out the league? That would solve all the problems in one swoop.

13 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yes, the intention is to create clarity. In reality, the more that's written, the more there is scope for contradictions and loopholes.  Particularly with the exceptions and caveats that come with a negotiation and with standard wordings and with pre-used schedules bolted on at the end. I'm obviously in a minority of one with this. But to me, people have their fingers in their ears and are shouting la-la-la can't hear you. I'll leave it at that.

You seem to think your assertion that 'Oh it's Sky, they'll find something' makes you come across very hard hitting, when in reality you've been asked several times to suggest an actual issue and you just respond with 'contracts are big documents, you people don't understand!!!'

I think you actually know f**k all. So we'll leave it at that.

I'd have more respect for Budge if she stopped trying to pedal that this is about the good of Scottish football.

It is about saving Hearts and nothing else, I don't have a particular issue with her attempting to do that. 

As it is, and has been said, this is dead on arrival. No chance.

10 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Relegated you fucking walloper. 

No. Had we finished bottom after 38 games then it would be relegated. 

We were expelled on the whim of a vote carried out by teams with direct interest in our expulsion. Including your team. 

1 minute ago, Miko’s Dive said:

Pipe down. You’ll do what Lawell tells you. 

Serious question. Do you think clubs in Scotland should and will vote for a reconstruction that will see nearly 50% of clubs in the country relegated at the end of 2021/22 season? 

Why should they vote for this? 

4 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

No. Had we finished bottom after 38 games then it would be relegated. 

We were expelled on the whim of a vote carried out by teams with direct interest in our expulsion. Including your team. 

Hearts name wasnt just plucked from a hat m8.

Hearts were bottom when a global pandemic hit and prevented any more games being played, after 80% of the season had been completed.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Serious question. Do you think clubs in Scotland should and will vote for a reconstruction that will see nearly 50% of clubs in the country relegated at the end of 2021/22 season? 

Why should they vote for this? 

They have to consider it seriously, yes. 

Most of them are going nowhere anyway so it makes no difference. The other half are hopefully going bust.