League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

No surprise Doncaster is apparently backing it.

Who knows what things might come out in the wash of legal action

Surely Doncaster shouldnt be backing anything from a single club.He's only here to do as the clubs wish in a democratic way and nothing else.

Edited by Sparticus
spel

55 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Every Hearts supporter knows it was our own fault we were bottom after 30 of 38 games. Specifically AB’s fault for persevering with Levein. But the SPFL boards actions and the vote smell. She should be battering on with the legal action and leaving Doncaster to worry about reconstruction - if there is enough appetite for it. Most Hearts fans wouldn’t want to see our actions hurt any other clubs, but given that only a few of those clubs worried about shafting us, Falkirk, Partick, Stranraer, then your request that we should just nobly let it rest - has to be ironic?

Falkirk, Partick and Stranraer don't care about Hearts, each other or 'sporting integrity', just as Hearts don't care about those clubs or 'sporting integrity'.

Can't believe anyone still genuinely buys that nonsense.

30 minutes ago, Lex said:

As gid Hearts man Gary Mackay rightly pointed out on the radio last week, their football club is becoming a laughing stock. That was before this latest joke of a statement.

It’s pathetic. I’m sure Gary and many other decent Hearts fans will have their heads in their hands at this latest effort from Ann and her board.

How much longer will these fans have to wait for the inevitable climb down and statement along the lines of:

‘We don’t agree with the circumstances of our relegation but we accept it and are now preparing for the Championship‘

If only they’d done that to begin with. I’m glad they didn’t personally, gave the rest of us a right good laugh.

When Gary Locke, he of the stellar LinkedIn profile, is the most sensible voice, it might just be time for those involved in Gorgie to perhaps take a wee minute and have a little think about things.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

No surprise Doncaster is apparently backing it.

Who knows what things might come out in the wash of legal action

"Yeah sure...yeah... of course Ann... absolutely... best proposal ever Ann"

0_18943975-1.thumb.jpg.4e2788e524a1e170c4425197dff5b737.jpg

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We're all good for the St HibMirrenian cooperative axis of torpedoing this bullshit right to the bottom of the sea where it belongs, right?

Dempster wasn't interested a fortnight ago or whenever Budge's initial humiliation occured - she'd be mad to change her mind this time round given the only material difference is that it's later in the month.  

So yes, they're fucked.  

55 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Really dont think hearts are going to live this down.

Every season,every cup match they lose the cry will be reconstruction, reorganisation.

A reconstruction song must be made up.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

2 hours ago, The Master said:

They should approve the plans but instead of promoting Hearts (who have already been relegated) they should follow the precedent of the “club 12 “ season and promote both Inverness and Dundee. 

Following the same precedent, relegate Partick and promote the top seven in League One.

In all seriousness on the proposal, with the tone largely moving away from complaining about perceived injustice this season and instead dressing it up as being about flexibility and helping everyone going into next season I could have seen some clubs buying into that rhetoric. Not 11 of the 12 in the Premiership so it probably doesn't matter anyway, but it could have made support for some form of reconstruction a majority opinion and kept it on the table somehow.

However Budge just can't help letting the mask slip with the arrogant comments yet again confirming this has always transparently been about self-interest. That will inevitably get a backlash from some clubs, although I still wouldn't be surprised to see a majority of clubs outside the Premiership supporting it.

54 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We're all good for the St HibMirrenian cooperative axis of torpedoing this bullshit right to the bottom of the sea where it belongs, right?

StMurnian, as two thirds of the Holy Trinity/Rebel Treble, will get the business done. Mark my words. RossWithIt.png.c3039ca2b6ecbfef02baa9fc24c09dc3.png

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I hate myself for responding but I will

That won't happen because "big" clubs like Thistle, Falkirk, Raith etc who have bad seasons would drop from being in a reasonably well funded, full time second tier into a regional set up. It would be catastrophic for any team it happened to. That's why there is a national structure to allow a gradient up and downwards. Had you suggested a National league above HL &  LL  leading in to the professional divisions you might have been nearer the mark than your hare brained higher HL & 'LL above the existing divisions.

I still don't know why I bothered.

Thank you for responding, a regional league for the community seaside clubs would be good business, more derby games to look forward too.
I'm not going to feel sorry for full time clubs dropping into leagues because they're pish on the park.
The teams you mentioned are on freefall bad decision after bad decision now they find themselves in a league where half the clubs want to mothball next season.