League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Sounds plausible right enough - a 42 team league.  Auld Auntie Anne and her pals in the media are starting to reek of desperation now.  

Actually, let's go for a 20-20 league, excluding the gruesome twosome from the tables... but, every team in the two divisions gets one home & one away match against an ugly sister each season to make a total of 40 matches.

Old Firm thus get 40 matches and could have four games against each other thrown on at Xmas/Easter, say to make 44 matches.

33 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

Sounds good, a one off Corona league for a year the everyone back to their 20/21 positions.

I see successful businesswoman Ann Budge's successful business proposal for reconstruction has itself been reconstructed into 14 leaks to journos over the weekend, 10 today and 10 tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

Actually, let's go for a 20-20 league, excluding the gruesome twosome from the tables... but, every team in the two divisions gets one home & one away match against an ugly sister each season to make a total of 40 matches.

Old Firm thus get 40 matches and could have four games against each other thrown on at Xmas/Easter, say to make 44 matches.

Will you just shut up please?

Not sure how a temporary one league structure would work.

Theres obviously clubs who want to "hibernate" until a full season with fans is on the table again, and theres obviously clubs who want to play again as they've got, relatively, hefty squads signed up and being paid for. And that's in the same division.

If say the top 12, plus Hearts, Dundee, Ayr, Partick and Falkirk, all want to keep playing, but the rest dont, do you go with a 17 team league?

What that happens in terms of promotion/relegation the season after? 

Do we revert back to the current agreed standing even if a team finishes higher up this temporary division than teams who would be placed in a higher league?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres obviously clubs who want to "hibernate" until a full season with fans is on the table again, and theres obviously clubs who want to play again as they've got, relatively, hefty squads signed up and being paid for. And that's in the same division.

If say the top 12, plus Hearts, Dundee, Ayr, Partick and Falkirk, all want to keep playing, but the rest dont, do you go with a 17 team league?

Do we revert back to the current agreed standing even if a team finishes higher up this temporary division than teams who would be placed in a higher league?

I have mentioned this before, do teams that decline to take part, reapply to join league 2 the following season?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a non starter. 

Thie whole thing is getting tiresome now - wasn't v2 of her previously rejected dossier due on Friday and then delayed until today.  Now it's another 48Hrs.

Under what authority is she operating?  Needs shutting down, pronto.  Fucking championship club now as well.  

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Morton want to carry on playing as well I'm sure.

This proposal would not at all be workable. If you go ahead with 12 top flight clubs plus the 5 or 6 lower league clubs who want to carry on in one division, you'd get clubs like Dunfermline QotS etc., correctly reversing their will not to play as there would then be a prospect of telly money to offset no crowds. Next thing you know, you've got 25 or 26 teams all wanting to be part of it.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, TonyFerrino said:

It's a non starter. 

Thie whole thing is getting tiresome now - wasn't v2 of her previously rejected dossier due on Friday and then delayed until today.  Now it's another 48Hrs.

Under what authority is she operating?  Needs shutting down, pronto.  Fucking championship club now as well.  

It's shite, but I don't see how any reconstruction can be delivered until you know what teams will be taking part.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's shite, but I don't see how any reconstruction can be delivered until you know what teams will be taking part.

I guess so.  Is there a plethora of Scottish teams saying they need mothballing though?  Can only be a small handful at worst, so any fundamental change to the overall league structure sounds like more fanciful Save Hearts in Trouble drivel. 

Surely any team dropping out has to ask to be admitted to the regional leagues now.

Stupid armaggedon talk is all hearts fault.

One league of 16?There's plenty clubs underneath the top 12 waiting to step up if places are vacated.

Cant see anyone dropping out the top 12 so hearts will have to stay in the championship.

If QOS or Dunfermline cant play, i'm certain Falkirk and Partick will happily take their places.

1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

I guess so.  Is there a plethora of Scottish teams saying they need mothballing though?  Can only be a small handful at worst, so any fundamental change to the overall league structure sounds like more fanciful Save Hearts in Trouble drivel. 

I think most of Leagues 1 and 2 are of the opinion (though not publicly yet) and at least a handful of championship sides.

It's definitely not just a couple.

Morton want to carry on playing as well I'm sure.
This proposal would not at all be workable. If you go ahead with 12 top flight clubs plus the 5 or 6 lower league clubs who want to carry on in one division, you'd get clubs like Dunfermline QotS etc., correctly reversing their will not to play as there would then be a prospect of telly money to offset no crowds. Next thing you know, you've got 25 or 26 teams all wanting to be part of it.
Saved me typing that. The entire reason why clubs are saying they can't play is because they don't have the finance to do it. If you're extending the top league then every club in the country would want in it because that makes them financially okay to play games.

27 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I think the other 26 teams agreeing to mothball may be more of a sticking point than the premier teams agreeing to split the pot up 16 ways.  Easier said than done. 

Yep - it's a complete and utter nonsense suggestion. Hearts and a handful of other lower league clubs (Dundee, Falkirk) seem happy to peddle this to try and forcr the rest of their league clubs to either foolishly commit to playing behind closed doors months in advance, in the middle of a pandemic, or allow then to be promoted on no sporting basis whatsoever into a 'temporary' league. It's not happening though.

45 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

What the PL will do to keep hold of the £30 million.

Now circulating fake news!

For Scotland to have any standing in world football we must have not less than two leagues with promotion and relegation plus playoffs.

As Ayr chairman said they have costed testing at £50,000 plus £50 per/player/week for the weekly test.

If the championship teams could share the test equipment and be limited to pools of 20 players it would cost £430,000 for 18 games.

Time the £30,000,000 was distributed in a fairer manner and Covid-19 costs for all PL and CL teams should be seen as expenses this season.

2 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I think the majority will need to go in to abeyance. It's how to deal with the "survivors" beyond Hearts and A N Other(s) hat think they can get through without supporters. If the top tier changed to 14 I'm not sure there's enough below that for a viable division. If it was to go up to 16, the rest really would be finished.

The door needs shut firmly on any reconstruction talk.

All this fake news is brutal.

Crowds are being allowed back to sporting events in the USA next month.

Football leagues are beginning to start again over the next month.

Its still flippin May.Far too quick for knee jerk reactions to hearts problems.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think the majority will need to go in to abeyance. It's how to deal with the "survivors" beyond Hearts and A N Other(s) hat think they can get through without supporters. If the top tier changed to 14 I'm not sure there's enough below that for a viable division. If it was to go up to 16, the rest really would be finished.

Well worth a greenie.