League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

But you need to now expand into why my post is a lot of shite 

Your a Hearts supporter, therefore anything you say is a lot of shite. I thought everyone knew this 🤔

3 hours ago, flood said:

I think that Hearts will fail in getting reconstruction through at this stage. 

She will really have to think about incentives to middle clubs who have to look after their own interests as a business.  Directors have fiduciary duties to their companies viability and to look to after employees etc. Voting for a temporary change that will increase the risk of relegation at any time is highly unlikely , now is a big no.

What about offering to take a points penalty for a season to stay in SPFL. Maybe starting with -20 points . ICT would come up and get a 30 point penalty (obviously, because Scot Gardiner).  

Offering to take no prize money if they finish next season above 12th. 

Two clubs down next season from top league with no promotion. It may be that the championship can only play 18 games and should they get promoted after half a season ? (Sorry Dundee, but John Nelms)

Then 2021/2020 could play with 12 again in top league 

This would give hearts a fighting chance of staying up next year, but may be enough to sweeten the middle clubs that suffer the most

-20 points for staying in the Championship?

4th time down and your 6th year.  Hibs have been down 4 for 7.  I wouldn't start getting too excited about that stat yet.
10m?  You bams absolutely do live in a wee world of your own, don't you?
It's their 5th time down and 6th year. Hibs have been relegated 4 times and had 6 years.

30 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
3 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:
4th time down and your 6th year.  Hibs have been down 4 for 7.  I wouldn't start getting too excited about that stat yet.
10m?  You bams absolutely do live in a wee world of your own, don't you?

It's their 5th time down and 6th year. Hibs have been relegated 4 times and had 6 years.

I clearly did a great job of counting the relegation seasons on Wikipedia yesterday.  Cheers pal.

Also, special relationship with the 2nd tier shaping up nicely for the Jambos then.  Another Edinburgh record for them.  

Budgie might have a case.

The way things are going the not the PL might only consist of Hearts, Inverness, Partick and Falkirk.

Might have to play each other four times home and away. 

Benefit for fans being buying a BR season ticket instead of two returns.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

Sounds plausible right enough - a 42 team league.  Auld Auntie Anne and her pals in the media are starting to reek of desperation now.  

36 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

You actually believe that?

The jamos media show is in full swing this morning.

Edited by Sparticus
spell

2 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

You actually believe that?

The jamos media show in is full swing this morning.

TBF it is quite possible that it may be 1 league of 16 next season, with the rest not willing to risk closed door games.

It would mean the whole prize pot for the season would only be split 16 ways, so prem teams might agree to this.

18 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Your right but as I say we’ve sold our soul to SKY and clubs cannot sell their home games because SKY have exclusive rights see below

UK pay-TV giant Sky Sports has agreed a UK£150 million (US$192.8 million) deal with the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) to become the exclusive home of the Scottish Premiership.

The five-year deal, which kicks in from the 2020/21 campaign, will see the broadcaster show 48 games from Scottish soccer’s top flight each season. The agreement also covers the season-ending play-offs, which features teams from both the Premiership and Championship vying for a place in the top tier.

Sky have exclusive rights to 48 games they've cherry picked the ones they want.
If games next season are played behind closed doors you can't expect clubs to sit back and lose that revenue.
For me this is the game changer  and the goal posts must be moved,clubs must be allowed to sell their home games through club TV.
Benfica do this in Portugal with a TV deal in place,if it's only in place for one season until fans are allowed back into stadiums then fair enough but if it is successful and clubs want to keep it in place they should decide on that not SKY.

Just now, johnnydun said:

TBF it is quite possible that it may be 1 league of 16 next season, with the rest not willing to risk closed door games.

It would mean the whole prize pot for the season would only be split 16 ways, so prem teams might agree to this.

I think the other 26 teams agreeing to mothball may be more of a sticking point than the premier teams agreeing to split the pot up 16 ways.  Easier said than done.