League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Carry on. That's a interesting, if somewhat aggressive, start. But you need to now expand into why my post is a lot of shite - perhaps drawing on all that creativity that went into coming up with your username. 

If you do just want to howl insults, then there are probably better forums to do it. Mate.

Its shite because you've pulled it out your arse and are trying to pass it off as reasoned analysis. 

This forum's entire raison d'etre is for people to throw insults. 

Hearts should stop greeting about going down.

Finding temporary league structures etc... that no sane club would entertain. 

Use the remaining money to win the Championship (an absolutely small time league with clubs that have nowhere near the support Hearts does).

Honestly they will take a slight financial hit but if they use money (which a club of hearts size should have) wisely it will take 1 year to return maximum. 

It is a league with either part time clubs or diddy full time outfits. 

I think that Hearts will fail in getting reconstruction through at this stage. 

She will really have to think about incentives to middle clubs who have to look after their own interests as a business.  Directors have fiduciary duties to their companies viability and to look to after employees etc. Voting for a temporary change that will increase the risk of relegation at any time is highly unlikely , now is a big no.

What about offering to take a points penalty for a season to stay in SPFL. Maybe starting with -20 points . ICT would come up and get a 30 point penalty (obviously, because Scot Gardiner).  

Offering to take no prize money if they finish next season above 12th. 

Two clubs down next season from top league with no promotion. It may be that the championship can only play 18 games and should they get promoted after half a season ? (Sorry Dundee, but John Nelms)

Then 2021/2020 could play with 12 again in top league 

This would give hearts a fighting chance of staying up next year, but may be enough to sweeten the middle clubs that suffer the most

4 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Use the remaining money to win the Championship (an absolutely small time league with clubs that have nowhere near the support Hearts does).

Honestly they will take a slight financial hit but if they use money (which a club of hearts size should have) wisely it will take 1 year to return maximum. 

That's not Hearts thing. They'll still piss it, but they'll throw whatever money they can get their mitts on into it, wise or otherwise.  

9 minutes ago, flood said:

She will really have to think about incentives to middle clubs who have to look after their own interests as a business.  Directors have fiduciary duties to their companies viability and to look to after employees etc. Voting for a temporary change that will increase the risk of relegation at any time is highly unlikely , now is a big no.

What about offering to take a points penalty for a season to stay in SPFL. Maybe starting with -20 points . ICT would come up and get a 30 point penalty (obviously, because Scot Gardiner).  

Offering to take no prize money if they finish next season above 12th. 

Two clubs down next season from top league with no promotion. It may be that the championship can only play 18 games and should they get promoted after half a season ? (Sorry Dundee, but John Nelms)

Then 2021/2020 could play with 12 again in top league 

This would give hearts a fighting chance of staying up next year, but may be enough to sweeten the middle clubs that suffer the most

Are you Ann Budge?

Don’t know where to start with the flaws in that proposal.

According to our official site, no one has approached us (Clyde) regarding the latest reconstruction debacle. Mrs Budge saying no team should be disadvantaged during the process yet she fails to contact or speak to one of the very clubs who can potentially be disadvantaged. 

As suspected she is not interested in any team in lower league. I don’t doubt she is speaking to some or many clubs, but imagine she is speaking to those who may support her plans rather than the one who won’t. Or just as likely she doesn’t care and genuinely hasn’t even considered Clyde, Peterhead or Forfar., assuming she is still Hell bent on the 14 team leagues.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

25 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

24 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

That's not Hearts thing. They'll still piss it, but they'll throw whatever money they can get their mitts on into it, wise or otherwise.  

And promotion at first go hasn't been Hibs thing or Rangers or Dundee Utd's thing. Average 3 seasons. So hopefully, if we are making a compensation claim, it's not for 1 years losses but 3 years. Get one of these ambulance chasing legal firms to make up the claim. Must be north of £10m. And if there are proved to have been any illegal shenanigans in the process and the SPFL doesn't have the dosh, go against any individuals involved. That would be my approach. But I'm not nice Mrs B

23 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

And promotion at first go hasn't been Hibs thing or Rangers or Dundee Utd's thing. Average 3 seasons. So hopefully, if we are making a compensation claim, it's not for 1 years losses but 3 years. Get one of these ambulance chasing legal firms to make up the claim. Must be north of £10m. And if there are proved to have been any illegal shenanigans in the process and the SPFL doesn't have the dosh, go against any individuals involved. That would be my approach. But I'm not nice Mrs B

4th time down and your 6th year.  Hibs have been down 4 for 7.  I wouldn't start getting too excited about that stat yet.

10m?  You bams absolutely do live in a wee world of your own, don't you?

1 hour ago, big al said:

Any one SPFL club shouldnt have any say on reorganising the leagues on their own anyway.

Shambles doesnt even begin to descibe this.

In JTS jambos words it's bizzare, baffling and remarkable.

Edited by Sparticus
spell

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Any club can submit a resolution to the SPFL any time they want as long as it is considered competent by the board.

If it's clearly only for self interest, it cant be considered competent.

Budge is not making any friends through this.  I’m not talking about fans of other clubs, that doesn’t matter to her, but I think many/most other clubs who comprise the SPFL will be getting fed up with her incessant bleating.

That could come back to bite her.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Let's face it, if anyone knows what it costs for a season in the championship it's Hearts. 

Rangers, Hibs and Dun Utd can advise us as to what 2,3, and 4 years cost. And that's the point for compo. It's arrogant and unrealistic to assume the Championship's a skoosh for a "big team".  Mind you, it could be if the likes of QoS can only field 3 or 4 players. I'd back us to go there and keep it tight to get a draw.

Edited by Pet Jeden

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Naughty, naughty. Not like you to be deliberately provocative.

I'm not trying to be provocative. All that Hearts are doing here is proposing a resolution to be put to the members, and that is something that any club has the right to do. The board can, however, strike down a proposal if it is not competent legally or otherwise, as happened with Rangers' suggestion of giving out 42 loans to clubs.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not trying to be provocative. All that Hearts are doing here is proposing a resolution to be put to the members, and that is something that any club has the right to do. The board can, however, strike down a proposal if it is not competent legally or otherwise, as happened with Rangers' suggestion of giving out 42 loans to clubs.

I thought you were maybe having a sly giggle at the Board's (alleged) diversionary tactics against Rangers re what was/wasn't a  "competent resolution". Apologies

54 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Start and end with the fact that all of it is utterly mental.

She will have to come up with something to get the other premier clubs to vote for it. Just saying help us we are hearts will not work