League Reconstruction 20/21 season

18 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Once. And she wasn't allowed to present their findings. Which whether you like Hearts or not, is ridiculous seeing as it comprised of 15 clubs.

This proposal is just from her, she's not the head of anything.

Is she not the head of successful businesses?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The link that I posted shows that it is for far fewer games than most other countries, many of which put every single game on TV. However, most fans in this country would be up in arms if we had to move away from Saturday 3pm kick-offs every week, so the league is somewhat restricted in how many it can sell without pissing off its biggest source of income.

The SKY deal is that they have “exclusive” rights to live SPFL Where they can show 48 games under that agreement.

That breaks down to 19 Celtic away games and 19 Rangers away games and under normal circumstances 4 Edinburgh Derby’s leaving 6 other games that they will choose from.

This is where Michael Stewart banging on about getting other broadcasters in hits a problem.

If you have and “exclusive” deal and you offer games to someone else to broadcast it is no longer exclusive to you and you would then be entitled to renegotiate the deal !!! 

We have sold our soul to SKY and will just have to live with it 

Now there talking about no Old Firm games to be scheduled until after Xmas when the hope is that fans will be allowed in. Talk about f**k you Jack I’m alright attitude 

18 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Trying for a second time after being humiliated the first time I must add.  She's got some brass neck.  

You don't get to be a successful business woman by giving up easily.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You don't get to be a successful business woman by giving up easily.

Was she a successful business woman?

Word on the street is it was her pal who was the successful business woman and she just got lucky?

Her business at hearts since kind of fits in with the word on the street.

31 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

This is where Michael Stewart banging on about getting other broadcasters in hits a problem.

If Celtic or any club sold their home games (like Benfica) live on Club TV a percentage would go to the clubs that they're playing.
I'm sure it's 54 games for SKY including the play-offs.

33 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Was she a successful business woman?

Word on the street is it was her pal who was the successful business woman and she just got lucky?

Her business at hearts since kind of fits in with the word on the street.

Albion Place?

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

> Posting Reggie Perrin references = showing your age.
> Others (rightfully) green dotting such references = showing our age.

;)

I didn't get where I am today by not posting 1970s referenced shite on the internet.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If Celtic or any club sold their home games (like Benfica) live on Club TV a percentage would go to the clubs that they're playing.
I'm sure it's 54 games for SKY including the play-offs.

Your right but as I say we’ve sold our soul to SKY and clubs cannot sell their home games because SKY have exclusive rights see below

UK pay-TV giant Sky Sports has agreed a UK£150 million (US$192.8 million) deal with the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) to become the exclusive home of the Scottish Premiership.

The five-year deal, which kicks in from the 2020/21 campaign, will see the broadcaster show 48 games from Scottish soccer’s top flight each season. The agreement also covers the season-ending play-offs, which features teams from both the Premiership and Championship vying for a place in the top tier.

On 23/05/2020 at 15:38, Pet Jeden said:

Evidence? You want me to produce a tapped phone recording of 2 Sky execs plotting? Looks inevitable. I suspect Doncaster thinks so too - which will be why he was so desperate to get this season curtailed asap

Honestly mate, you talk some amount of shite. 

I'm not going to lie, I never expected Reggie Perrin to be the thing that brings fans from all sides together but I absolutely could not be happier for that to be the case.

6 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Honestly mate, you talk some amount of shite. 

Carry on. That's a interesting, if somewhat aggressive, start. But you need to now expand into why my post is a lot of shite - perhaps drawing on all that creativity that went into coming up with your username. 

If you do just want to howl insults, then there are probably better forums to do it. Mate.