League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, BonniePrinceCharlie said:

Grammatically speaking, this is a reasonable response from you. You still made several errors though. If you are an adult I genuinely feel sorry for you  as you are illiterate and ignorant. 

I will ignore from now on, never argue with an  idiot is good advice.

Think the real issue is you dont lke my cutting comments as they're true.Not sure why you think i'm ignorant?

Oh yes.I'm ignoring the fact that hearts dont want people to hear the reality of this situation?

That hearts are using covid19 to try and escape free from a relegation they completely and lawfully deserve.

Why can't it be temporary? It's just became a war cry for people not wanting it, it's not a normal time.  If the three leagues below the premiership can be b*****dised into 5 month, 18 game leagues, adding another two into the top flight is hardly the biggest stretch until we are back to normality.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why can't it be temporary?

So you don't care about the other teams who will be relegated next season to re-align the league structure then?

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

From what i've read in the papers last few weeks,only hearts relegation is unfair.how about all the other relegations from England to France and Belgium?

For the millionth time they should stop exaggerating, hearts have just beeen unlucky like the rest of the relegated.

That's because you read Scottish papers mate.  If you read French and Belgian ones you'd know it was causing a huge uproar. It's not like their papers are full of Hearts and Partick articles.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why can't it be temporary? It's just became a war cry for people not wanting it, it's not a normal time.  If the three leagues below the premiership can be b*****dised into 5 month, 18 game leagues, adding another two into the top flight is hardly the biggest stretch until we are back to normality.

We'd be even faster into normality if we just let the worst team in the league drop into the Championship and play on from there. "Being relegated from the top flight" is a normal problem that happens to at least one team every year. Is there a need for an abnormal solution to a normal problem? Especially when your abnormal solution drags on into the year after as 3-4 teams get relegated instead of 1-2

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

So you don't care about the other teams who will be relegated next season to re-align the league structure then?

If they got a full season to avoid it and were aware of the deal going in, it's not exactly a big deal.   

We have been shite as well, could easily apply to us.

Just now, Aim Here said:

We'd be even faster into normality if we just let the worst team in the league drop into the Championship and play on from there. "Being relegated from the top flight" is a normal problem that happens to at least one team every year. Is there a need for an abnormal solution to a normal problem? Especially when your abnormal solution drags on into the year after as 3-4 teams get relegated instead of 1-2

Yep this situation is normal. Totally.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

The only thing funnier than Hearts going down would be for them to get a one year restructuring then going down as the third bottom team the following season.  I hope that doesn’t happen as my sides probably couldn’t take it.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

If they got a full season to avoid it and were aware of the deal going in, it's not exactly a big deal.   

So the "reconstruction is for the benefit of all Scottish football" is out of the window now and it's now a "this is purely to save Hearts", case.

Well at least you are honest, it's a shame SBW Ann Budge wasn't as transparent as you.

Yep this situation is normal. Totally.

Some small part of why it's Hearts going down rather than St Mirren might be due to abnormal circumstances, sure - they had fewer chances than normal to avoid the drop. But really, the unjust 'damage' to the team that Hearts is shrieking about and demanding changing the league for, isn't anything more than what happens to at least one team under normal business-as-usual fitba'.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

So the "reconstruction is for the benefit of all Scottish football" is out of the window now and it's now a "this is purely to save Hearts", case.

Well at least you are honest, it's a shame SBW Ann Budge wasn't as transparent as you.

So the leagues expanding wouldn't help other teams?

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That's because you read Scottish papers mate.  If you read French and Belgian ones you'd know it was causing a huge uproar. It's not like their papers are full of Hearts and Partick articles.

Its causing uproar everywhere but the worst teams will still have to swallow their medicine.

These relegations have been as close to sporting merit as we can get this season.

Anything else would be far worse and just pushing the problem on to other clubs next year.

Just now, Aim Here said:

Some small part of why it's Hearts going down rather than St Mirren might be due to abnormal circumstances, sure - they had fewer chances than normal to avoid the drop. But really, the unjust 'damage' to the team that Hearts is shrieking about and demanding changing the league for, isn't anything more than what happens to at least one team under normal business-as-usual fitba'.

Some small part? It's normal that teams go down, yes.  It's not normal that teams are relegated with 8 games to play and then forced into cold storage for the best part of a year. 

Anyway, reconstruction isn't going to go happen.  I'm not daft and what happens happens, I just don't see the big uproar about it being temporary in the circumstances when we are actively looking at temporary solutions for all our other leagues. The premiership shouldn't be unique.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not for one year it wouldn't. This is a mutually exclusive situation.

It wouldn't help Partick? Or whoever else goes up from the championship? It'd solely be beneficial for Hearts?

Edited by Tony Wonder

It wouldn't help Partick? Or whoever else goes up from the championship? It'd solely be beneficial for Hearts?

It's really not hard to grasp. I guess you are just too blinkered about your own club to realise it.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Some small part? It's normal that teams go down, yes.  It's not normal that teams are relegated with 8 games to play and then forced into cold storage for the best part of a year. 

Anyway, reconstruction isn't going to go happen.  I'm not daft and what happens happens, I just don't see the big uproar about it being temporary in the circumstances when we are actively looking at temporary solutions for all our other leagues. The premiership shouldn't be unique.

Yes, some small part. It's not common for teams in your position to get out of last place in the space of 8 games, and even less common for them to avoid the relegation zone.

As for 'forced to go into cold storage' - assuming that means the issue of fewer lower league games being played - that IS an abnormal problem caused by the coronavirus and there should be something done to mitigate the damage caused by it. However league reconstruction doesn't fix that issue - except for the singular case of Heart of Midlothian Football club. Stuff the likes of Arbroath and Alloa as long as you stay out of it, eh?

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

The accepted wisdom on here is now that it's actually unfair for teams 12, 13 and 14 to get relegated after finishing as the worst teams in the league after a full season and two years' notice at a time of economic and social stability. More unfair than team 12 suddenly getting bombed out with 24 points to play for during a global crisis.

As I've said before, it's f**k all to do with fairness. It's to do with clubs looking after their own interests. Budge is wasting her time.