League Reconstruction 20/21 season

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Is there a date by which this new proposal will be submitted and subsequently binned?

I hope so because this uncertainty cant be good for clubs cashflow.No one wants to put money in until they know whats happening.Needs binned today imo.

Edited by Sparticus
splein

If the SKY deal is more dosh for the clubs then the dosh they get may not change that much with a 14 team top flight.

Then the question changes to.. do you want £1m each for a 12 team league or £850k for 14. Clubs desperate for money won’t turn down 150k just to save hearts etc

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If the SKY deal is more dosh for the clubs then the dosh they get may not change that much with a 14 team top flight.

Rumoured that Sky are sponsoring the spfl, I wonder how much that deal is worth?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The SFA will do nothing to help the HL/LL cause.

Why should they? The SFA don't organise the league structure.

What could they do anyway?

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Just waiting for Budge to sign up to P&B and start a poll because "Scottish football is dying!!!" and is the "laughing stock of Europe".

Would this be the 2020 version of the 2012 "armageddon" and "imminent death"  of Scottish football ??

Personally, i feel it's unfair to relegate any team under these circumstances, particularly Partick Thistle, but decisions were made by individual teams looking after their own financial interests.  I also feel for Brora/Kelty not getting an opportunity to gain access to the SPFL, however any outcome was always going to produce winners and losers. 

11 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Then the question changes to.. do you want £1m each for a 12 team league or £850k for 14. Clubs desperate for money won’t turn down 150k just to save hearts etc

I was thinking if your 3rd last season the team in 3rd next season get the same dosh with 14 teams.
Not having a sponsor may change the amounts but if they get a better SKY deal and a better sponsor deal then money is irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Is stopping relegation & promoting 1 team to each division to produce a 13-10-10-10 an option?

For 1 season of course.

Then other clubs will suffer next season through no fault of there own.Three might relegate from the prem plus one at least would have to go back to the HL/LL.

Its just passing the buck.the buck stops at hearts.We played enough of the season and thats how its been called.They need to stfu and stay doon.

Edited by Sparticus
spel

I was thinking if your 3rd last season the team in 3rd next season get the same dosh with 14 teams.
Not having a sponsor may change the amounts but if they get a better SKY deal and a better sponsor deal then money is irrelevant. 

I get what you mean but I still think the clubs will see it as more money for 12 compared to 14 and that is why reconstruction is doomed to failure.

Personally 16-18 team leagues (would be happy with 2 leagues of 20)
Ditch the split and play each other twice
Fire Doncaster (the cockwomble not the town) into the sea.
Have a complete clear out of the sfa and spfl

That would do for starters... but I don’t get a vote

3 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I know as a Hearts fan I would be campaigning vociferously for reconstruction if Hamilton or St Mirren were in 12th place.

Joking aside, it's not really the point though.  Self interest will always come first so we have to have a system where we look after all not just the majority in a vote. 

I don't expect us to ever get there.  

Suggesting there is a solution out there that keeps everyone happy is pure fantasy.

Hearts need to accept the exceptional circumstances we are in and move on. For their own sanity more than anything.

11 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Suggesting there is a solution out there that keeps everyone happy is pure fantasy.

Hearts need to accept the exceptional circumstances we are in and move on. For their own sanity more than anything.

Whilst I have greenied this post I hope this level of common sense does not become more widespread on P&B.  It would ruin the forum.

True enough.

Although that presupposes that a 266 fixture season couldn’t attract more TV money than a 228 game season.

44 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Is stopping relegation & promoting 1 team to each division to produce a 13-10-10-10 an option?

For 1 season of course.

It is feasible that something like this, or the other proposals could go forward but it stacks up all the problems for a year down the road when you try and reverse it out.  It just means next year’s candidates for relegation will be looking for further reconstruction, would be funny if Hearts finished down there though.

Separately is the precedent for increasing the teams In the league that there is no relegation or is it that the expelled club goes down and more clubs come up?

32 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I get what you mean but I still think the clubs will see it as more money for 12 compared to 14 and that is why reconstruction is doomed to failure.

Look if SKY is running Scottish football and wants 4 glasga derbies then how much do they want the auld reekie derbies?
This is the bargain chip for tweety pie and her budgie cage.

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

On a semi related note it’s depressing we are forever at the mercy of TV companies always getting their precious 4 bigot fests per season from now until the end of time 

It’s a pretty underwhelming corner to be backed into 

SKY don't care about any teams apart from the OF. They have outspent BT purely for those 4 OF games. Having 4 OF games isn't really viable in a league containing more than 12 teams. The sad, depressing reality of Scottish football.