League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I'm just outlining Kelty's argument here, because a couple of posters above have erroneously suggested that their problem is with the SPFL season being finished early. This is not relevant to Kelty (or Brora), since regardless of what happens to the SPFL season, the SPFL is bound by its own rules to put forward "Team 42" to the play-offs alongside the Highland League and Lowland League champions. The SPFL has the complete authority to cancel its own play-offs, which it has done, but does not have the authority to unilaterally cancel the League 2 play-offs.

Clearly these play-offs can't actually be played before the end of the season, and I don't think anyone is actually suggesting that they should be. However, that does not make them technically wrong here, because under the rules of the SPFL there should be a play-off, unless the SFA/HL/LL agree otherwise.

I don't think they have any prospect of success here given that the SPFL can probably quite easily argue force majeure, but they are obviously having a last punt at trying to push forward some sort of reconstruction and/or receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise (eg guaranteed League Cup/Challenge Cup entry for X years).

I get the impression that if nobody responded to you that you would argue with yourself, I know and appreciate everyone has a point of view and is entitled to express it, BUT bejesus!

With Hearts now relegated do they still count as a top league team for voting purposes until a certain date? 

If so I suspect there will be efforts to make sure that any reconstruction  vote happens after that date, and the motion will be dealt with like any other from a Championship club. 

3 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

I get the impression that if nobody responded to you that you would argue with yourself, I know and appreciate everyone has a point of view and is entitled to express it, BUT bejesus!

What part of his post do you disagree with? He's just stating the facts. The SFA have been silent so far, it will be interesting to see what they have to say, the operation of the pyramid is their responsibility.

Just now, welshbairn said:

What part of his post do you disagree with? He's just stating the facts. The SFA have been silent so far, it will be interesting to see what they have to say, the operation of the pyramid is their responsibility.

The 'common sense part', the practicality part. the legality part (of actually playing),  or are ye just another numpty?

25 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

The 'common sense part', the practicality part. the legality part (of actually playing),  or are ye just another numpty?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think they have any prospect of success here given that the SPFL can probably quite easily argue force majeure

I'm expecting Kelty and Brora to accept a bung, even if they managed to force a play off, recruitment and budgeting problems would be same as for Brechin if they took place just before the new season. From what Brora have being saying £30k should do it for them, no idea about Kelty.

Edited by welshbairn

I for one am utterly outraged, disgusted and foaming at the mouth over the SPFL expelling Hibernian Football Club to 7th place.  Not one of these Judases will ever be getting my Green Pound again and I look forward to seeing you all in court. 

Oh wait, our club has class. 

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you want to deny Hearts a click, here's the statement in full:

Following today’s decision to end the 2019/20 Premiership season and expel Heart of Midlothian Football Club from the top flight, the club would like to provide a brief update to both its fans and the wider Scottish football audience.

We have stated from the outset that we don’t believe it is right that any club should be unfairly penalised because of the Covid-19 pandemic. It was previously indicated that league reconstruction would not generate enough support to pass a vote between member clubs.  In recent days a number of positive talks have been held with both the SPFL and member clubs and this topic is currently being revisited.

Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club. 

This is possibly the final chance for our game to stand together, protect each other and not only survive but flourish in the aftermath of this terrible pandemic. Players from across all leagues have shown a desire for reconstruction and having already received support from some clubs we are hopeful that this resolution can positively progress Scottish football.

As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To our supporters, we thank you for showing patience and continuing to back the club. We will continue to fight against what we believe is an unjust outcome.

If Hearts insist that they were expelled rather than relegated, hopefully any players with relegation clauses in their contracts will demand their wages aren't cut because they haven't actually been relegated.

DwU74b0XcAARfGb.thumb.jpg.c52c278316757de7f05b9427b1175678.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If Hearts insist that they were expelled rather than relegated, hopefully any players with relegation clauses in their contracts will demand their wages aren't cut because they haven't actually been relegated.

DwU74b0XcAARfGb.thumb.jpg.c52c278316757de7f05b9427b1175678.jpg

The result of the expulsion is relegation though, Anne's too sharp for that. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

The result of the expulsion is relegation though, Anne's too sharp for that. 

It’s difficult to be relegated from a league you’re no longer a member of, the result of expulsion is that you’re not a member of the league.

Different circumstances and all, but there is of course SOME precedent to follow when it comes to chopping and changing the leagues. I'm of course talking about the demise of oldco in 2012, where it was decided that the runners up of the 2nd tier (Dundee IIRC) would be granted Rangers' place over the bottom team in the SPL (Pars) which - may I add - was a completely fair decision. There may have been a similar occurrence with Gretna but I cba researching that pish.
In the unlikely event that a reconstruction movement passes - how much right would Hearts have to stay in the Prem given that (legally) the season has been called, and they have 'finished' bottom?
I fully appreciate that I'm clutching at straws, but I'm desperate to see whether Budge is such a massive advocate for 'The Benefit of Scottish Football' when it doesn't benefit her team.

Part Ann Budge latest statement post league being called.

"Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club.

Ann, I draw your attention to last sentence and in particular last 2 words!!!

So I assume you have taken the 14-14-14 off the table?

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
59 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think they have any prospect of success here given that the SPFL can probably quite easily argue force majeure

I'm expecting Kelty and Brora to accept a bung, even if they managed to force a play off, recruitment and budgeting problems would be same as for Brechin if they took place just before the new season. From what Brora have being saying £30k should do it for them, no idea about Kelty.

Yes at last, a prudent, practical, pragmatic postulation , probably preferable to legislation.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They'll get f**k all because they're entitled to f**k all, Kelty taking up Partick's pathetic, Lionel Hutz legal advice routine notwithstanding. The idea that £30k is just going to be sent along to a stupid wee non-league outfit in the middle of an economic crisis and indefinite shutdown of Scottish football is laughable in its own right too. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

They'll get f**k all because they're entitled to f**k all, Kelty taking up Partick's pathetic, Lionel Hutz legal advice routine notwithstanding. The idea that £30k is just going to be sent along to a stupid wee non-league outfit in the middle of an economic crisis and indefinite shutdown of Scottish football is laughable in its own right too. 

You're trying too hard again my chaste friend, learn to be more laidback....

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The very same thoughts there as their 'big' cousins have. If they were any good, they would not be in the mess they both find themselves in.

Edited by bairney