League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Now that the Premiership positions have been nailed, and the SPFL table has been published -  what happens if Hearts are successful in their bid for reconstruction to a 14 team top div?

Is their official relegation removed? Do ICT get a freebie promotion?

And - if it turns out that is the case, then what was the point of curtailing the season and deciding on amended placings (which altered our placing without playing any further games)?

Now I am 100% certain that Hibs wont throw their toys out the pram about this, but reconstruction to simply suit Hearts is almost certain to take us into a world of trouble (e.g. the previously mentioned Clyde situation).

Hearts really are the jobby that wont flush, eh?

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Now that the Premiership positions have been nailed, and the SPFL table has been published -  what happens if Hearts are successful in their bid for reconstruction to a 14 team top div?

Is their official relegation removed? Do ICT get a freebie promotion?

And - if it turns out that is the case, then what was the point of curtailing the season and deciding on amended placings (which altered our placing without playing any further games)?

Now I am 100% certain that Hibs wont throw their toys out the pram about this, but reconstruction to simply suit Hearts is almost certain to take us into a world of trouble (e.g. the previously mentioned Clyde situation).

Hearts really are the jobby that wont flush, eh?

Apart from prize money and using those placings to decide which clubs would get promoted as a result of reconstruction, you mean?

Edited by craigkillie

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you want to deny Hearts a click, here's the statement in full:

Following today’s decision to end the 2019/20 Premiership season and expel Heart of Midlothian Football Club from the top flight, the club would like to provide a brief update to both its fans and the wider Scottish football audience.

We have stated from the outset that we don’t believe it is right that any club should be unfairly penalised because of the Covid-19 pandemic. It was previously indicated that league reconstruction would not generate enough support to pass a vote between member clubs.  In recent days a number of positive talks have been held with both the SPFL and member clubs and this topic is currently being revisited.

Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club. 

This is possibly the final chance for our game to stand together, protect each other and not only survive but flourish in the aftermath of this terrible pandemic. Players from across all leagues have shown a desire for reconstruction and having already received support from some clubs we are hopeful that this resolution can positively progress Scottish football.

As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To our supporters, we thank you for showing patience and continuing to back the club. We will continue to fight against what we believe is an unjust outcome.

Embarrassing stuff. I hear the distant, barely audible scraping of the world's tiniest violin...

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's about none of these things. The SPFL are responsible for their own play-offs (Premiership, Championship, League 1) and for the outcomes of those leagues, and it is up to them to decide how to declare the season. However, any changes to the League 2 play-off require agreement from the SFA, HL and LL.

Therefore Kelty's argument is nothing to do with finishing the season, but rather that the SPFL have changed the play-off arrangements (by cancelling it) contrary to the rules. They will argue that both they and Brora have been declared champions and put forward for these play-offs, therefore they SPFL do not have the power to unilaterally decide to scrap them for any reason.

Except that it's impossible to play them?  Who is going to ask people to risk their and their families lives foir a game of football? get real and stop being a bloody pedant.

Has she no self respect? 4 wins all season and bottom of the table on merit. Yet trying to squirm out of their just deserts on the back of a pandemic. It is a sport. Some win some lose. And the Jambos lost more than anyone. Just shut up and stop greetin' for a change.

21 minutes ago, Green Day said:

"Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive," they said.

"However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations."

Lets hope for both🤣

This is still what I find absolutely mental in all of this: they talk about the cost of relegation as if it's ONLY happening because of Covid. They were adrift and odds-on to go down. They must have been preparing for it anyway. The narrative that Covid has brought this upon them is Trump-esque.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Apart from prize money and using those placings to decide which clubs would get promoted as a result of reconstruction, you mean?

Understand the prize money and where each club ends up out of the 42 - it has a fair impact on Hibs - but the second part couldnt really have been known at the time of that vote (i.e. the formation of any mythical reconstruction - number and make up of divisions etc).

Ach, never mind I am just rambling now and its not that important.

Best decision in the end. 

However, any precious little Sevco-type saying anything along the lines of "you wouldn't have handed us the title etc blah yadda" needs to get  the f*ck in the sea. You're not handing Celtic the title, quite frankly you done that with your sh*te league form throughout the season along with the other 10 clubs in the top flight. 

I have massive sympathy for Hearts and I'd be greeting on threads like this with the rest of them about how it's unfair if I were a Hearts fan. For the chairman of your club to essentially be issuing threats to the whole of Scottish football is a fucking embarrassment though and the fans need to finally usurp her from her role (As was originally agreed) before she causes anymore damage to the club's reputation.

Her pathetic wee threat to take this to court makes my spider sense tingle that any reconstruction would conveniently save Hearts.  Funny how there’s money to pay for that rather than the players full wages.  Which I do believe they are fully entitled too and have very much earned this season.  If Ann Budge honestly wanted to be altruistic her proposal would involve reconstructing the lower leagues to a 12 12 12 format.  

Thistle, Stranraer and yes Brechin all saved.  Falkirk, Edinburgh City up and Brora, Kelty coming up with probably Loco and Bonnyrigg.  That would be a honest proposal and the actual real pride that Hearts could have in saying that they alone proposed something for the greater good while ignoring their own self interest would be something.

That won’t happen, we all know it’s going to be a shitey 14 premier league and to f**k with the rest.  I can’t really see Hibs backing anything that saves Hearts.

1 minute ago, Lofarl said:

Her pathetic wee threat to take this to court makes my spider sense tingle that any reconstruction would conveniently save Hearts.  Funny how there’s money to pay for that rather than the players full wages.  Which I do believe they are fully entitled too and have very much earned this season.  If Ann Budge honestly wanted to be altruistic her proposal would involve reconstructing the lower leagues to a 12 12 12 format.  

Thistle, Stranraer and yes Brechin all saved.  Falkirk, Edinburgh City up and Brora, Kelty coming up with probably Loco and Bonnyrigg.  That would be a honest proposal and the actual real pride that Hearts could have in saying that they alone proposed something for the greater good while ignoring their own self interest would be something.

That won’t happen, we all know it’s going to be a shitey 14 premier league and to f**k with the rest.  I can’t really see Hibs backing anything that saves Hearts.

It makes something tingle alright! :lol:

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

I don't think successful business woman Ann Budge knows what expelled means. 

I can see her losing the plot over this.  Move over Vladimir, Hearts have a new king bampot in the making.

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I don't think successful business woman Ann Budge knows what expelled means. 

I hope she has it right and they have been expelled. I am sure there is a local League they could apply for.