League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

If you are at the wind-up, then fair enough. But if you are just a bit "special needs", I've highlighted the key words to help you.

End of the season is whatever the SPFL adjudge it to be matey. It's all there in the rules.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

If you are at the wind-up, then fair enough. But if you are just a bit "special needs", I've highlighted the key words to help you.

If the Board decide to call the season now then that becomes the end of the season.

You will be in bottom place and should be relegated because that's the rules.

I take offence at your remark but you have just made yourself look like an ignorant knuckle dragger.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

If all the games left have been voided, then this season is over m8.

Not really sure you've made the point you thought you were.

1 minute ago, Cornishman said:

Hence, 'is as 'fair' as it can get.'!

So wait, relegating a team 30/38 games into a season for being in an automatic relegation place is less fair than promoting a team at same stage of season who aren't in an automatic promotion place?

Riiiiight.

8 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

No need for that.

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The new Sky deal will give clubs about 20% more money in the prize pot.

I dont think many clubs would turn their noses up at that.

The current TV deal is about £18m a year, and the total prize pot is £25m. If everything else was to stay the same, and the £30m a year figure is right, the new TV deal would take the prize pot up to something like £37m, which would be almost a 50% increase.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

So wait, relegating a team 30/38 games into a season for being in an automatic relegation place is less fair than promoting a team at same stage of season who aren't in an automatic promotion place?

Riiiiight.

Yes. Exactly. Although, you'd allow for play-offs, just excusing those 2nd.-last teams from them. If EFL & NL can have their play-offs in England, SPFL can, too.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The current TV deal is about £18m a year, and the total prize pot is £25m. If everything else was to stay the same, and the £30m a year figure is right, the new TV deal would take the prize pot up to something like £37m, which would be almost a 50% increase.

The league doesn't have a sponsor for next season though so the prize pot presumably stands at the TV deal and not much else.

1 minute ago, Cornishman said:

Yes. Exactly. Although, you'd allow for play-offs, just excusing those 2nd.-last teams from them. If EFL & NL can have their play-offs in England, SPFL can, too.

I’ll believe that when I see it.

England still does not have a date to restart yet .

PPE and test still required in NHS and CARE HOMES no way football is going to get priority before them 

13 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Again hIbs invented you, unlike you our history is entirely ours at no time did your rivals play a part in our fine history. 

Diet hobo 😏

Why would we need our rivals to play a part in your history?

We managed 1986 all by ourselves.

22 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Again hIbs invented you, unlike you our history is entirely ours at no time did your rivals play a part in our fine history. 

Diet hobo 😏

Are you thinking of United? Because you're aiming your gun at the wrong target there. Bravo.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Are you thinking of United? Because you're aiming your gun at the wrong target there. Bravo.

I am 100% sure that this is what he means.

Its staggering just how stupid this one is..........................

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

The league doesn't have a sponsor for next season though so the prize pot presumably stands at the TV deal and not much else.

Amazon are making huge profits from the lockdown and they're in dire need of a PR boost. Given that they've taken money from the likes of Ladbrokes I hope they've at least sent a begging letter in.

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

I wonder what we can look forward to. We've done the pawn shops and bookies,, maybe tanning salons or storage companies, who I believe are often cash rich and need to process it.

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Thinking the wee bro / diet chat is Celtic no idea who everyone supports. 

35 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Diet hobo 😏

I think you're getting your "Dundees" confused with your "Uniteds formerly known as Hibernians".

Even trying to be as objective as I can, I don't see how relegating teams with 8 games to go is more fair than reconstruction. The argument is that the teams in 3rd/4th place have as much a claim as the teams in 2nd, but those teams are being denied promotion by the current proposal anyway and they'd have a theoretically better chance of promotion next season with an expanded top league.

If your argument is that we shouldn't have reconstruction because the current model is better then that's fair enough, but it's a different argument.

What's happening now isn't happening because it's the fairest way, it's happening because it's the least inconvenient. That was always going to be the case because the SPFL is a members-run organisation and clubs will vote for their own interests, not out of altruism. We're one of the few getting shafted out of it and I don't necessarily blame Budge for trying to stop that, but it's a waste of time. I wouldn't expect us to give a f**k if it was someone else.

I do blame Budge for making a catastrophic arse of running the club for the last 5 years, but that's another matter.