League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm now getting nostalgic for 15 mins ago when he was going to his bed.

Dont worry, he'll soon be back with more hot takes about hows its "better for Scottish football" if, in a time of overwhelming financial issues, we financially harm every club in the country rather than just a couple.

7 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Hearts had the 3rd biggest budget in the Premiership. Being in the position they were in after 80% of games played deserves little to no sympathy.

80% of games,  not 100% of games. 

What's happened to Scottish football, no club deserves to be negatively affected by what's happening. 

Is a wee bit of solidarity too much to ask for.....

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

What's happened to Scottish football, no club deserves to be negatively affected by what's happening. 

This is where you get asked how you end this season, and restart next season, without negatively affecting any club.

You inevitably dont answer, and we've all just wasted precious time.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

It's not my first choice, no.

I think there are numerous options on the table. Or that at least should be. Some of which I haven't heard mentioned.

1) Promote nobody/relegate nobody.

2) A neutral venue / 2-leg play-off between Hearts and Dundee United for promotion. And apply down the leagues.

3) An expanded play-off including all the clubs in play-off/relegation positions with weighting given to current league positions.

4) 14/14/14 based on the consequences for the clubs that lose out. Is Clyde's pain at being put into the bottom flight unfairly as severe as what other clubs are currently looking at? Maybe yes, maybe no, but let's get an answer to that.

5) Any other reasonable regrouping of the divisions.

My point is that there are more options available to us than just saying 'You're bottom with 8 games to go, so you have to go down'. I don't think that's a reasonable thing to do.

ETA: The numbering system in my post does not indicate preference. Just ordering for ease of reading.

I'm afraid 14,14,14 not being your 1st choice is not really the fair outcome response I was looking for. 

You would be carrying more support for your position if you said that option was unacceptable, as  it is frankly not right that Clyde in mid table should be in any way financially or sportingly disadvantaged. The same goes for Peterhead and Forfar. Probably true also of Cove who could argue they are due to go up to play Falkirk, Airdrie, East Fife etc.

If you are going to argue your case then the only option is that NO team is disadvantaged. If that is not possible, then it is not teams in mid table who should be sacrificed.

21 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Hearts had the 3rd biggest budget in the Premiership. Being in the position they were in after 80% of games played deserves little to no sympathy.

This is where the "it'll cost us XXX amount if we go down" line sticks in my craw. Both our clubs have been up and down over the decades and I don't remember many bleeding hearts (pun intended) concerned about the impact on our budgets.

Its a bit rich you talking about solidarity when your support are crying out on social media to boycott games of every other club that didn't vote yes with them for an enquiry.

Might have financial consequences and would be horrendously unfair to Liverpool. But why can't they do that?

Money to sponsors and tv companies. Plus all finances would have to be shared equally since no one technically finished anywhere, which they just wouldn’t agree on. Pretty much the same reason we couldn’t do it here.

As long as this pish continues theres no chance of us getting back to what we all want.Getting back to the game we all love.At any level,give us a break.Take your medicine and lets get on with what we all want.FFS not rocket science. Wakey Wakey.