League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hamilton have already said they’d only vote for permanent, im sure Livi and St Mirren were the same so it’s a non starter again.

Hibs will be a no either way. 

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hamilton have already said they’d only vote for permanent, im sure Livi and St Mirren were the same so it’s a non starter again.

Michael Stewart saying "have it temporary for the time being, then if it works turn it permanent in two years".

That sounds silly - lets say you are a club that might be at the lower end of the Prem table, you are being asked to save Hearts then what? In two years, you decide to make it permanent and one or more of those clubs is stuffed?

I agree entirely with you - a temporary solution is simply not tenable to a significant number of the premiership and it cant succeed.

Oh Jeez, now Neil McCann is giving his "sage" advice.

At what point do we 'surprise' some club with a temporary proposal that leaves them relegated or not promoted? June, July or August? Players signed or offered contract extensions for a season in one division and whoops here's a new set up that leaves you playing these clubs instead. Nuts!

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

I have to say, in all this reconstruction stuff, Willie Miller has nailed it on Sportsound = why would half the league vote for this, given that in 2 years 4 clubs could be at danger of relegation?

They are just humouring Budge. She would have been greetin throughout yesterday's meeting and threatening legal action. Offer her reconstruction, call the League then reconstruction will get voted down.

20 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We've already confirmed that we won't even begin to entertain the notion of temporary reconstruction.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

f**k the Old Firm

f**k Sky

f**k Hearts

f**k the 14 team league

What is the voting requirement for 14?

Is is still 11-1, or do they only need 9 votes?

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

What is the voting requirement for 14?

Is is still 11-1, or do they only need 9 votes?

It'll still be 11-1 regardless, but the thing is, the closer you get to being that one premiership club with a veto, the more pressure can be put on you to change. If the new proposal somehow turns, say, 3 of the initially rejectionist clubs, then you could be looking at St Johnstone or St Mirren having to fight off a huge pile of outrage from all across Scottish fitba' to get that last lousy vote across the line and the owners and top officials of those clubs will not be prepared for the quantity of flak. I'm guessing this is the strategy.

Cant she stop crying i'm getting seriously sick of her.

What about the uncertainty again she's just put on Clyde, Forfar , Peterhead and Cove who would all be relegated.

Pretty much gave my last penny to Scottish football if hearts got away with this and got to stay up.

Good way to keep Budge busy for a week or two. I’d be surprised if any temporary reconstruction gets enough backing, but permanent will also apparently still be an option on the table along with things staying as they are.

A number of teams have already said they won’t back temporary reconstruction so that’ll be a hard sell for AB. 

Guest JTS98
19 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Cant she stop crying i'm getting seriously sick of her.

What about the uncertainty again she's just put on Clyde, Forfar , Peterhead and Cove who would all be relegated.

Pretty much gave my last penny to Scottish football if hearts got away with this and got to stay up.

image.jpeg.8b53aa48cd36b2093d65c58f15312a84.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Die with some dignity Hearts.

image.jpeg.1d524111a5ad757ad5ee4d3ddc1f923a.jpeg