League Reconstruction 20/21 season

33 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Yes but League 2 still seemed to be against allowing Kelty and Brora in with Stenhousemuir chairman pushing for two years no relegation

23 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well the Stenhousemuir chairman maybe sensibly thought that there would be some recovery period required for some clubs who had been damaged by the pandemic - the Premier clubs didn’t seem to have anything other than next week in view.  12/12/12/12 over a few years could have remedied most problems but it was the Premier clubs driving change who would need to adjust the funding 

This, in a nutshell, is Scottish football at every level.

Stenny pushing for no relegation for two years out of self-preservation is "sensibly thought out to provide recovery time" (I.e. More money) to lower league clubs worried about losing their status.  Completely ignoring the fact that teams like Brora and Kelly etc have spent a fair bit of cash trying to get into the league.  But, you know, f**k them.

Yet Premiership clubs not agreeing to reconstruction (and a big factor in this is maintaining their own income level) is completely selfish.

Its Ann Budge levels of delusion. You couldn't make it up.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm sure I read on a thread this morning that someone said something along the lines of Hearts could learn from Partick who have taken this with grace.

All this 'bigger picture', 'best interest of Scottish football' shite, is just rolled out from all the clubs with a vested interest in reconstruction getting themselves promotions/avoiding relegations. They don't give a f**k about anything other than themselves, the same as every other clubs, so I wish they'd just cut the crap holier than thou patter.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

All this 'bigger picture', 'best interest of Scottish football' shite, is just rolled out from all the clubs with a vested interest in reconstruction getting themselves promotions/avoiding relegations. They don't give a f**k about anything other than themselves, the same as every other clubs, so I wish they'd just cut the crap holier than thou patter.

Yup. I've no issue with clubs looking after themselves just now, but this pretence of morality and acting in the interests of the game is laughable garbage that only the most foolish actually buy.

All the lower league clubs now blaming the SPFL.Crazy.The SPFL had every right to knock back a move to 14 teams for many reasons.pretty sure the SPFL couldnt care much how it was structured from the championship downward.12.12.12.12 could have been put forward and all the SPFL would have said yes.

Whos to blame now?

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I don’t know - what else is involved?  I would prefer a move progressively over 2/3 years to a 12//12/12/12 with no relegation in that period which addresses wider issues - but it mainly needs Premier clubs to give up some cash (small in overall terms)

Good luck with that, sadly. They won’t give up a penny.

Another issue is that while more than half the LL clubs are absolutely choking to get in the league, I really don’t detect the same enthusiasm in the Highlands. Outwith Brora, Inverurie, Formartine I don’t see much by way of desire to progress. Fraserburgh have been there and thereabouts for yeqrs in terms of the title but really don’t get the sense they’re interested in going up.

Self-interest and small-c conservatism are the biggest enemies of meaningful league construction. 

4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

All the lower league clubs now blaming the SPFL.Crazy.The SPFL had every right to knock back a move to 14 teams for many reasons.pretty sure the SPFL couldnt care much how it was structured from the championship downward.12.12.12.12 could have been put forward and all the SPFL would have said yes.

Whos to blame now?

The SPFL is the name of the league body, which means that League 2 is the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Have to say I think that Partick statement and letter make a lot of fair points. Thistle are arguably the team getting the worst deal out of all of this.

It's great, isnt it?

48 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Completely understand why the likes of Partick Thistle, Falkirk and even Hearts are upset. This issue has been completely blurred by Rangers' complete embarrassing of themselves.

That's laughable nonsense. Rangers raise legitimate issues with the SPFL = bad,

other clubs do it =  well that's fine then

Edited by edinabear

2 minutes ago, edinabear said:

That's laughable nonsense. Rangers raise legitimate issues with the SPFL = bad,

other clubs do it =  well that's fine then

Rangers concerns were fucking embarrassing and calling for the head of the SPFL to be suspended on the basis of 'bullying' then denying anything to do with bullying once your laughable claims were exposed.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Rangers concerns were fucking embarrassing and calling for the head of the SPFL to be suspended on the basis of 'bullying' then denying anything to do with bullying once your laughable claims were exposed.

Opinions like this is one of the reasons we're in this position. Every point that Rangers made has been proven to be accurate and has been corroborated by other clubs. But people just revert back to Sevcoing. 

Just now, edinabear said:

Opinions like this is one of the reasons we're in this position. Every point that Rangers made has been proven to be accurate and has been corroborated by other clubs. But people just revert back to Sevcoing. 

I'm not arguing with an absolute moron, sorry.

1 minute ago, edinabear said:

Opinions like this is one of the reasons we're in this position. Every point that Rangers made has been proven to be accurate and has been corroborated by other clubs. 

I'm pretty sure the reason nobody cares is that even the points that were correct were either already known or just pointless.

Rangers had a big song and dance about having earth-shattering evidence that would truly expose the SPFL, and in the end introduced nothing new or groundbreaking, and contradicted the more inflammatory accusations they made. They succeeded in making it all about themselves, and that seems to have been the whole point of it in the end.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont bet on it, especially if they keep Stendelbottom in charge.

Absolutely hopeless manager who responds to any setback by simply pumping 6 strikers on the park.

Nae wonder they are not playing well if Stendelbottom is pumping them. In fact is this even legal?

32 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm pretty sure the reason nobody cares is that even the points that were correct were either already known or just pointless.

Rangers had a big song and dance about having earth-shattering evidence that would truly expose the SPFL, and in the end introduced nothing new or groundbreaking, and contradicted the more inflammatory accusations they made. They succeeded in making it all about themselves, and that seems to have been the whole point of it in the end.

Have you actually read Rangers points? Is this how you want Scotland's governing body to behave? How anyone can be happy with how the whole Dundee vote was handled is beyond me. That is just one of the many appalling actions the spfl have taken recently 

53 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Practically all of it was known in advance or could be worked out. Rangers implied for 2 weeks they had new evidence that would rock Hampden to its foundations. Then turned up with that feeble effort.

12 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Premiership clubs stay rich.

Lower league pish stays poor. 

God I love capitalism.

image.thumb.png.28b5dea84369566e95a81b7a652c86cf.png

Top 6 premiership clubs stay rich.

Bottom 6 are poor diddies that will swap back and forth between the poor diddies in the Championship.

Capitalism is grand. iib5slG.png&key=d8fc8de758e0f2805034eece