League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise that League Two clubs fucked over the vote by saying that they would only vote for a 14-14-14 set up that didnt involve Brora/Kelty coming up dont you?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/edinburgh-city-back-new-league-18159333.amp&ved=0ahUKEwij5fmdpabpAhUzThUIHas9CLQ4ChDIzwEIUzAJ&usg=AOvVaw3u41p9tfA0oZAZqCANuci7&ampcf=1

Literally no other option was put to top flight sides other than 14-14-14, as the League Two sides grenaded any talks that involved Kelty/Brora getting promoted.

If you're on about self interest ruining the talks, you're targeting the wrong people.

I was aware of the 14-14-14, scenario, but hoped doing the right thing, and not self interest would prevail, in the end

Did you expect them to support a reduction in their income for the greater good?

Adding two new teams to the SPFL would cost something like £80k, which is hardly going to be a dealbreaker for the Premiership clubs. The reason they were against this reconstruction was the proposed change in the top flight to 14 clubs, which was the only option on the table.

I can't imagine they would be nearly as bothered about a 12-12-10-10 or any similar variation which involves adding in two lower league teams. The League 2 teams obviously blocked that, but I also reckon they've overplayed their hand as usual and it could be worth testing the water on it with everyone else.

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

They've been pressing on through the leagues, right enough. 

To be fair, they have, just not in the direction they'd prefer.

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Of course,  but this is just about the club's below the top flight, doing the right thing, you cannot disagree, that Brora and Kelty have been shafted

I think you mean  either Brora or Kelty may  have been shafted. Had the season been played out only one of them would have had the opportunity to win promotion.  You also may not have noticed that neither won their respective league, both were awarded first place with their seasons unfinished.

A rushed and ill thought through reconstruction by video conference could only have compounded the shambles.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Adding two new teams to the SPFL would cost something like £80k, which is hardly going to be a dealbreaker for the Premiership clubs. The reason they were against this reconstruction was the proposed change in the top flight to 14 clubs, which was the only option on the table.

I can't imagine they would be nearly as bothered about a 12-12-10-10 or any similar variation which involves adding in two lower league teams. The League 2 teams obviously blocked that, but I also reckon they've overplayed their hand as usual and it could be worth testing the water on it with everyone else.

I know about the cost, but I think the general position has been made clear.

Is there provision for a vote of clubs outwith the top tier? Even if there was L2 would bin it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

I think you mean  either Brora or Kelty may  have been shafted. Had the season been played out only one of them would have had the opportunity to win promotion.  You also may not have noticed that neither won their respective league, both were awarded first place with their seasons unfinished.

A rushed and ill thought through reconstruction by video conference could only have compounded the shambles.

Nah, bring them in,  is in my opinion, the right thing to do

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know about the cost, but I think the general position has been made clear.

Is there provision for a vote of clubs outwith the top tier? Even if there was L2 would bin it.

Would be interesting to see, how the L2 clubs would stick together if the 2nd and 3rd placed sides were being offered promotion to L1

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm curious about why they think theyd easily end up in the EFL Championship. 

Presumably they believe their huge crowds would finance them to that stage. BBC has it at 17,564 last season, which would have them as the 38th biggest team in England.

Dossing about in the bottom six of the EFL Championship, at best, with zero prospect of a cup win, sounds like a tantalising prospect.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably they believe their huge crowds would finance them to that stage. BBC has it at 17,564 last season, which would have them as the 38th biggest team in England.

Dossing about in the bottom six of the EFL Championship, at best, with zero prospect of a cup win, sounds like a tantalising prospect.

The same reasons that Celtic and Sevco fans think they'd be top 6 in the English Premiership, i.e. absolute delusion.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was going to mention they'd miss the games against the old firm and Hibs. Then I remembered.

Richard Gordon sums up the Aberdeen position in the P&G and the Chairman's shite about future discussions on reconstruction. It was only ever going to happen now, if at all.

sat.thumb.JPG.071166da974f0e26df3d203ab73c0ec0.JPG

Edited by welshbairn

To tie in with VE Day Scottish football has now become like the Second World War where you have to support an evil empire (Rangers/USSR) to defeat an even bigger greater evil (SPFL/Nazi Germany).

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

To tie in with VE Day Scottish football has now become like the Second World War where you have to support an evil empire (Rangers/USSR) to defeat an even bigger greater evil (SPFL/Nazi Germany).

I can't think of a worse analogy.

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Would be interesting to see, how the L2 clubs would stick together if the 2nd and 3rd placed sides were being offered promotion to L1

Better bring in Fraeserburgh, Rothes, Buckie and Bonnyrigg too then seeing as the LL and HL have screwed them over by prematurely calling the season over.

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Better bring in Fraeserburgh, Rothes, Buckie and Bonnyrigg too then seeing as the LL and HL have screwed them over by prematurely calling the season over.

Why 3 from the HL, but only 1 from the LL, but it could have been a killer analogy

Can you do much fighting from shipyards?