League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I'm afraid it does lack logic and sense in the context of this discussion.
I refuse to believe that if we weren't discussing Hearts you would say that Club X being relegated, losing 20% of their income, laying off staff and losing considerable status based on a season that had 20% of its games left to play was fair.
It's simply indefensible. But it's Hearts, so you'll try to make the mental contortions necessary. Sadly, you don't have any arguments for it.
THE SEASON IS OVER ACCEPT IT is not a logical or sensible argument.
It's not fair and I'd have been raging if Hearts beat us in the last game to put us bottom and we were getting relegated.

Would I expect clubs to vote for reconstruction to prevent StMirren from relegation? No. Especially if our owner acted the way Budge has.

Even if you expand the top flight and Hearts don't get relegated you are still shafting several clubs in the Championship who would argue they were going to get promoted via the play offs.

Dundee have been shite most of the season and deserve to finish 3rd and not be promoted. We could grasp at the possibility of promotion but know that ICT have bodied us every game we've played them.

Hearts have been shite most of the season and deserve to be bottom and be relegated. They could grasp the possibility of avoiding relegation but got bodied in their last game against one of their relegation rivals.

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's not fair and I'd have been raging if Hearts beat us in the last game to put us bottom and we were getting relegated.

Would I expect clubs to vote for reconstruction to prevent StMirren from relegation? No. Especially if our owner acted the way Budge has.

Even if you expand the top flight and Hearts don't get relegated you are still shafting several clubs in the Championship who would argue they were going to get promoted via the play offs.

I've said already I think Hearts have handled this badly. Hearts had an outstanding ethical case but have made it poorly.

St Mirren and Accies are never going to vote for anything that leaves the possibility of relegation open for them. The other Premiership clubs are not going to vote for top flight money being split 14 ways instead of 12 for a season.

So, Hearts are definitely shafted.

As I mentioned above though, my main gripe is with the brain-dead arguments attempting to justify this shafting. It's indefensible, but Hearts will be screwed by other clubs' self-interest. A great irony as that's exactly what Hearts are being accused of.

As for your final point. I've referred to the concept of harm many times now. Not going over it again. Comparing the Championship clubs to Hearts is a logical fallacy.

Edited by JTS98

If you accept that prize money should be paid out on current league standings then you accept that the league has been completed as "normal" and all rules apply.  If you don't think the prize money should be paid out on current league standings then you must believe the league is null and void.  Pick one

Edited by Jake

Why are Dundee getting mentioned so much here?  They had next to zero chance of promotion. 

They would’ve had to beat Ayr/Dunfermline over 2 legs, then The Caley over 2 legs, then Hamilton/County/St Mirren over 2 legs. 
Have any of you fucking seen Dundee play?
A bit like Hearts chances of staying up?

44 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

So where's the line?

45%? 50%? 75?

How many points adrift are too many? 5? 4? 3?

As soon as you say that you would not justify relegation early in one part of the season, you're on very difficult logical ground justifying it at any stage before the end.

My view is 50% or less for the team(s) that have played most then void the season.  Any team has played more than 50% then do as we are doing now.

The SPFL will have to adopt a policy for the future in light of what has happened and I think that would be a fair one.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My view is 50% or less for the team(s) that have played most then void the season.  Any team has played more than 50% then do as we are doing now.

The SPFL will have to adopt a policy for the future in light of what has happened and I think that would be a fair one.

I agree there needs to be a clear policy on this.

In the absence of one ...

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I agree there needs to be a clear policy on this.

In the absence of one ...

I say again:

If  you accept that prize money should be paid out on current league standings then you accept that the league has been completed as "normal" and all rules apply.  If you don't think the prize money should be paid out on current league standings then you must believe the league is null and void.  Pick one

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Jake said:

I say again:

If  you accept that prize money should be paid out on current league standings then you accept that the league has been completed as "normal" and all rules apply.  If you don't think the prize money should be paid out on current league standings then you must believe the league is null and void.  Pick one

That's a falsely narrow choice.

The clubs could decide to change that themselves. Self-interest means they won't.

All rules do not need to apply. You've just made that up.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

That's a falsely narrow choice.

The clubs could decide to change that themselves. Self-interest means they won't

All rules do not need to apply. You've just made that up.

Exactly.  You can wrap it up any way you want, but you want the rules changed for self-interest, nothing more. 

2 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

This has to stop.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Not stopping

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Still going

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

More of the same

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

More

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

More

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

More

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

More

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

More

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

59 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

58 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

54 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

52 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

50 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

48 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

46 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

42 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Yawns

42 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Tears

41 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Repeat

41 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Again

38 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Same

35 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Same

31 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Ctrl + v

28 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

21 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Ah well. I tried.

incredulous.gif.6870b88d4e97488b176f1c07207ca59b.gif

Guest JTS98
7 minutes ago, Jake said:

Exactly.  You can wrap it up any way you want, but you want the rules changed for self-interest, nothing more. 

I want to change the rules to protect a club from something very harsh that hasn't been earned.

I'm happy with that as a stance. You seem content to punish a club for being bottom after 30 games. That's a weird stance.

St Johnstone would lose a bit of cash from a 14-team league though, so your self-interest is understandable.

On 07/05/2020 at 07:33, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic have lost 1 home league game against a team other than Rangers since December 2015.

And that was a dead rubber game against Aberdeen when im fairly sure Celtic played kids.

Celtic played these kids on the day they were presented the trophy because obviously they couldn't be arsed putting on a show for their fans

Bain
Lustig
Boyata
Ajer
Tierney
Brown
Ntcham
Forrest
Rogic
McGregor
Dembele

Please show us on the doll where Aberdeen hurt you

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Ah well. I tried.

incredulous.gif.6870b88d4e97488b176f1c07207ca59b.gif

Top bantz and that.

Added points for a GIF.

Sum lad.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I want to change the rules to protect a club from something very harsh that hasn't been earned.

I'm happy with that as a stance. You seem content to punish a club for being bottom after 30 games. That's a weird stance.

St Johnstone would lose a bit of cash from a 14-team league though, so your self-interest is understandable.

So your happy that teams have "earned" the payments for their league positions after 30 games but Hearts have "earned" relegation for being last.  Fair enough.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Jake said:

So your happy that teams have "earned" the payments for their league positions after 30 games but Hearts have "earned" relegation for being last.  Fair enough.

I've been quite clear. I don't see how you can be confused.

No team should be relegated in an unfinished season. The season is and will probably always be unfinished.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I've been quite clear. I don't see how you can be confused.

No team should be relegated in an unfinished season. The season is and will probably always be unfinished.

I'm not confused.  League positions stand except for relegation because it's Hearts.  Very simple