League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyd already recieved the majority of their payments by the time the vote came about, virtually the amount bottom of the league would get.

All that was left was topping that up for the final position, which couldn't be handed out until final positions had been clarified. Top flight clubs still havent had their final payment.

You've bought into this Rangers lie that lower league clubs were held hostage and the SPFL were refusing to pay them anything until they voted Yes, simple fact is most had recieved the vast majority of monies due before the league even stopped.

You know that’s misleading and wrong. e.g. ICT were outstanding £300K.

Neil?

2 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

I'd support any reconstruction method that includes going back to using a white fitba' for matches.

We need to chuck the use of that honking yellow Mitre Delta from the past few years.

16 team Premier w/ white football. Please, thanks.

I would be content if we could go back to giving the leagues sensible names:  First Division, Second Division, Third Division and.....wait for it....Fourth Division.

2 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Not sure what you're getting at. In a 14 team league playing 32 games nobody would be playing anybody 3 times at home or away.

I can't see the Premiership agreeing to cut the number of games by that much, especially when the average attendance is likely to reduce. I also don't think a 7/7 split works very well as it leaves one team in each half not playing on a particular match day, including the final game of the season. I think they're more likely to go for a 6/8 home and away split giving 36 and 40 games. It wouldn't surprise me if the two lower leagues just play each other 3 times giving 39 games.

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You know that’s misleading and wrong. e.g. ICT were outstanding £300K.

Neil?

If you've taken that from the Daily Record, be assured it's absolutely shite. 

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Inverness chairman/CEO/whatever was on Sportsound saying they'd be getting £300k, was he talking shite too?

£300k isnt far off their total amount due, and it's been confirmed on here that clubs are all but paid the equivalent of bottom. That doesnt equal £300k.

45 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I can't see the Premiership agreeing to cut the number of games by that much, especially when the average attendance is likely to reduce. I also don't think a 7/7 split works very well as it leaves one team in each half not playing on a particular match day, including the final game of the season. I think they're more likely to go for a 6/8 home and away split giving 36 and 40 games. It wouldn't surprise me if the two lower leagues just play each other 3 times giving 39 games.

Having four extra rounds of fixtures between the worst teams in the division is a ridiculous (though commonly enough suggested) proposal. Just have two post split rounds making 38 games just like now, with 7th and 8th in the league going into the final set of fixtures (from week 32) scheduled to sit out instead of playing a probable dead rubber on the final day. 

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Inverness chairman/CEO/whatever was on Sportsound saying they'd be getting £300k, was he talking shite too?

It was Scott Gardiner of 'incompetent Dundee gobshite CEO' fame (as well as being both a former Hearts employee IIRC and a bitter currant) so probably yes.

Edited by vikingTON

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Schedule the teams seeded 7+8 to be idle on the last day ,thereby eliminating as much as possible the prospect of 2 teams colluding on the last day to a result that suits each other at the expense of the idle team .

The 6/8 split still leads to a lot of teams playing each other 4 times ,which is too much IMHO .

Agree re the loss of 6 games revenue , but as far as I understand it,the new TV deal will compensate for that .

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Ps if the TV deal isn't enough ,scrap the League Cup and replace it with a Premiership Cup,4 groups of 4, H+A,guaranteed 6 games,top of each group straight to semis.

Include the 2 relegated clubs from the previous season (compensation for relegation ),everybody below that in the Challenge Cup.

2 cups for all league teams ,still possible treble for the Premiership teams ,32 league +6 Premiership Cup =38 as now. 

54 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

The 6/8 split still leads to a lot of teams playing each other 4 times ,which is too much IMHO .

Reconstruct the league to get rid of a guaranteed 4 games against teams in your division...

43 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Ps if the TV deal isn't enough ,scrap the League Cup and replace it with a Premiership Cup,4 groups of 4, H+A,guaranteed 6 games,top of each group straight to semis.

Include the 2 relegated clubs from the previous season (compensation for relegation ),everybody below that in the Challenge Cup.

2 cups for all league teams ,still possible treble for the Premiership teams ,32 league +6 Premiership Cup =38 as now. 

... guarantee Premiership clubs play four games against each other.

Was the idea of playing each team 3 times a season in the league not scrapped due to the inherent shiteness of an unfair split of H/A games? That's not an issue lower league sides have.

10 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Och,  they're entitled to have their opinion heard - at least as much as anonymous randoms on an online forum.

Don't think so.

You say anonymous randoms, I'd say the paying customer.

Footballers can have their say, particularly if the schedule is too demanding/not demanding enough etc but ultimately give them a fixture list at the start of the season and they'll play them. Their voice should be heard less than the fans.