League Reconstruction 20/21 season

6 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

It should be 14-14-16 as it stinks that Kelty and Brora  are denied the opportunity to progress!

Kelty and Brora weren't even guaranteed promotion if the season had finished, and its 100% guaranteed that both weren't getting promoted.

People seem to be forgetting that.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good point mate.

Netherlands have declared league void. Belgium have declared Brugge as champions. Wonder what France will do ??

Holland havent even settled on that, as clubs are kicking up shite after they voted against voiding the league.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Kelty and Brora weren't even guaranteed promotion if the season had finished, and its 100% guaranteed that both weren't getting promoted.

Holland havent even settled on that, as clubs are kicking up shite after they voted against voiding the league.

One of them had a 50% chance, that’s been taken away

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

My understanding is that the Dutch league was voided but is now being reviewed ??

4 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

One of them had a 50% chance, that’s been taken away

They both had a 33% chance of promotion, and considering Kelty were 6pts clear having played a game more I'm not even sure you could claim their chances are that high.

Why is it fairer to promote Kelty in the top four tiers of the SPFL but not Bonnyrigg, who arguably had as much chance of getting promoted? One gets a huge boost, the other doesnt, based entirely on an incomplete season that apparently is unfair to use.

10 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

For the record, I didn't suggest that.

If the press is to be believed, the government are actually encouraging the EPL at least to investigate an early re-start "to lift the mood of the public".  Boris is a classics scholar, and will be well aware that the Roman emperors gave the plebs "bread and circuses" to keep them quiet.

Aye, but football in Scotland makes most people miserable.

12 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

PSG declared champions today.

They haven't. They announced that no more football will be played and the season is finished. No decision has been made regarding champions, European qualification, or relegation.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11800/11979994/coronavirus-ligue-1-season-over-no-sport-in-france-before-september

Edited by TQM

21 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

For the record, I didn't suggest that.

If the press is to be believed, the government are actually encouraging the EPL at least to investigate an early re-start "to lift the mood of the public".  Boris is a classics scholar, and will be well aware that the Roman emperors gave the plebs "bread and circuses" to keep them quiet.

Naw ……… Think you’ll find out that it’s SKY and BT that are doing the encouraging 
Both haemorrhaging serious number of subscriptions at the moment

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Anyone who says "but the English Premiership are doing...... " should be banned for stupidity on the spot.

France, Holland, Belgium, Ireland to name few have stated they wont be playing football anytime soon.. 

Yeah but they are run by stupid Johnny foreigners unlike good old Blighty with our Blitz spirit and Boris leading the way.

20 hours ago, BIG BEN said:
On 19/04/2020 at 06:07, Doonhamer1969 said:
7/7 gives an even number of games and and even number home and away ,32. I take your point re extra games for the bottom 8 because of losing games vs the OF, but everybody in one league should play the same number of games IMHO.

A different number of games is no worse than playing the same team away 3 times

Not sure what you're getting at. In a 14 team league playing 32 games nobody would be playing anybody 3 times at home or away.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

1. No, they wouldnt. Some teams can afford to pay players endlessly until the new season begins, others cant. Some have most of their squads on contracts for next season, some dont.

2. I've made it clear I think punishing 3 clubs this Summer is better than punishing multiples of that next Summer. Theres no proposal that doesn't see clubs punished somewhere.

3. Dundee United and Cove are promoted as Champions, it is punishment to refuse to promote them. To me its preferable that clubs staring at relegation get relegated and teams staring at promotion get promoted.

4. I'm not sure the players opinion is overly relevant.

Och,  they're entitled to have their opinion heard - at least as much as anonymous randoms on an online forum.

As to what is the lesser of evils, we don't really know what the clubs unfettered views were, because they were presented with (incorrect) ultimatum that the only way to release desperately needed monies was to call the season over. 

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Och,  they're entitled to have their opinion heard - at least as much as anonymous randoms on an online forum.

As to what is the lesser of evils, we don't really know what the clubs unfettered views were, because they were presented with (incorrect) ultimatum that the only way to release desperately needed monies was to call the season over. 

Theyd already recieved the majority of their payments by the time the vote came about, virtually the amount bottom of the league would get.

All that was left was topping that up for the final position, which couldn't be handed out until final positions had been clarified. Top flight clubs still havent had their final payment.

You've bought into this Rangers lie that lower league clubs were held hostage and the SPFL were refusing to pay them anything until they voted Yes, simple fact is most had recieved the vast majority of monies due before the league even stopped.