League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Changing the financial distribution also requires an 11-1 vote, and while moving to 14-14-14 (or anything else with 42 teams) doesn't strictly require that, it would leave a massive disparity in payments within the top flight and is therefore unlikely to secure the votes of the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton and Ross County.

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Yes fair point

21 minutes ago, amigan said:

Isnt that massive short termism though? Those are clubs who flit between divisions, expanding it would give them more chance if remaining long term.

7 years since Hamilton "flitted".

Prior to 2015/16, St Mirren had a run of 9 consecutive seasons in the top flight.

After their first promotion, Ross County had 6 seasons at the top table.

If you take this seaon as being finished, Hearts have done more flitting of late.

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Yes, I heard that from several chairmen over the last two weekends on Sportsound. Many Clubs will be unable to field any sort of team after June. My comment was for the Jambo who wants all Clubs to suddenly play 8 games at some indeterminable point in the future to try and save his team. Some Clubs won't have a team to field and rich clubs can buy a complete new squad to save their arses. Stupid idea born out of desperation.

I think that Killie have about 5 first team players in contract at the end of May. All the rest finish next month so how could we be expected to play games.

The ones that are out of contract may not want to sign again or may have other teams lined up (SOD maybe..) Others on loan will be already back at their clubs i reckon 

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Now, now Gannon, don’t be churlish. Some of these wee clubs moved out to shitty industrial estates in order to accommodate things like modern retail facilities. You shouldn’t knock them for that.

18CBAF32-18C7-408D-8E7E-D9480EF1F002.jpeg

Still to this day the personfication of tinpot.

15 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Maybe our old board of directors should have looked to Hearts on how to properly run a club.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22953448

Imagine, £25 million in debt. Serious overspending.

Surprised that nobody has demanded that all the SPL championship titles Hearts won under Vlad should be deleted from the records.

And that Champions League title they won.

Oh .........

15 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Maybe our old board of directors should have looked to Hearts on how to properly run a club.....

Are they still your board of directors? If so what a fantastic suggestion they could ask for pointers on how to win two Scottish cups, become a fan owned club, create a profit making  buisness model that has produced a new stand, extra revenue and a new and improved club shop one that sells our gear not Celtic's. We could even do a powerpoint for you.

20 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I heard it was St Mirren's fault. It turns out that if we had let in 5 goals against them in the League Cup, then they wouldn't have gone into administration.

Will there ever be an end to our cheating?

Every second row empty, 2 empty seats between individuals, is that how it would likely work?  Just over 1/6th capacity?
Since a lot of people go to games with people from the same household, you could probably get slightly more in theory but who knows how they'd manage that. I can just imagine the complaints though, whichever way it goes.

Are they still your board of directors? If so what a fantastic suggestion they could ask for pointers on how to win two Scottish cups, become a fan owned club, create a profit making  buisness model that has produced a new stand, extra revenue and a new and improved club shop one that sells our gear not Celtic's. We could even do a powerpoint for you.

At least you won't be getting relegated from the business model league, so there's a real positive to take from all of this.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

7 years since Hamilton "flitted".

Prior to 2015/16, St Mirren had a run of 9 consecutive seasons in the top flight.

After their first promotion, Ross County had 6 seasons at the top table.

If you take this seaon as being finished, Hearts have done more flitting of late.

I take you point but historically speaking they have all spent a good amount of time outside the top flight.  Therefore if they were to go down again a bigger leaguenwigh hopefully morempromotion places would give a better chance of returning to the top flight.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Every second row empty, 2 empty seats between individuals, is that how it would likely work?  Just over 1/6th capacity?

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, ropy said:

Since a lot of people go to games with people from the same household, you could probably get slightly more in theory but who knows how they'd manage that. I can just imagine the complaints though, whichever way it goes.

I can't see it working at all. Folk have already raised the issues of entering and leaving, as well as using the toilet facilities. Some would almost certainly go and sit with their pals as well anyway.

There would also be huge fuss about who actually gets to attend as well.

I don't believe reduced capacities is viable.

The biggest thing being we’re not aiming to enter and exit the supermarket at the same time. 
But we're going to have to get used to queuing like that for pretty much everything for the foreseeable future, so socially distanced queuing will become more normal to people.

Football opening back up would be in that context, not the current one where folk are only doing it in certain specific places.

6 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

She should pick up the tab for our losses next season. Her stubbornness surrounding Levein is coming home to roost. 

She gave him to much time. Although, to be fair, she thought she was sacking him with 27 games to go as opposed to 19 games to go

2 hours ago, ropy said:

People who are isolated together (like my parents) can sit next to each other so that means you can theoretically get a slightly better ratio than 1:6 but organising it is going to be a logistical nightmare. 

Hearts and Hibs could in theory just about get all their season ticket holders in were they to stage their matches at Murrayfield. But for most clubs that don't have stadiums which are normally far too big* it's just silly

* By which I mean clubs that aren't Kilmarnock

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)