League Reconstruction 20/21 season

54 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

OK - perhaps I have muddied the waters here by introducing RB into the mix. 

But the point I was attempting (but generally failing) to make is that Ms. Budge is only doing what I am sure we would hope the chairperson of our club would be doing, had we found ourselves in Hearts position.  

And while you're right it doesn't or shouldn't cover up what has been a disastrous spell in charge, Which is ending in her flapping about spouting pish about reconstruction etc just to try and cover up her and her employees failings. The guise of for the greater good for Scottish football is exactly that, a guise. We can all see through her flapping pish and even if I was a shareholder I'd still be wanting her held to account, the useless fucking bitch.

There's a carry on gif tap in in there somewhere.

8 hours ago, Green Day said:

No......and we wont, because the 42 will have a vote on it

I realise that all 42 clubs get a vote on any proposals, but if it wasn’t for Hearts and Partick Thistle there would be no call for reconstruction. So my point of all of this happening because of two clubs, not Celtic and Rangers this time, in my view still stands.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

The guise of for the greater good for Scottish football is exactly that, a guise. We can all see through her flapping pish and even if I was a shareholder I'd still be wanting her held to account, the useless fucking bitch.

I made a not particularly subtle point the other day that you can have a dig at Budge without bringing her gender or looks into it. In fact, it's really easy.

Should I make it again?

6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I made a not particularly subtle point the other day that you can have a dig at Budge without bringing her gender or looks into it. In fact, it's really easy.

Should I make it again?

Agreed.

Completely acceptable and accurate to call her a useless fucker, but there's no need to make it about her gender.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

And while you're right it doesn't or shouldn't cover up what has been a disastrous spell in charge, Which is ending in her flapping about spouting pish about reconstruction etc just to try and cover up her and her employees failings. The guise of for the greater good for Scottish football is exactly that, a guise. We can all see through her flapping pish and even if I was a shareholder I'd still be wanting her held to account, the useless fucking bitch.

There's a carry on gif tap in in there somewhere.

Wow. This lockdown getting to you?

In an ideal world I would like to see a sixteen team top division. You play everyone else twice, once at home and once away. Thirty league fixtures. This would mean more free weekends where League Cup ties and Chocolate Biscuit cup ties could be played. It would also lighten the load fixture wise for Scottish clubs competing in European competitions. I realise clubs are never going to go for it because it will cost them eight league games worth of money but I think it would be good for fans too, going to watch a game on Saturday afternoon is better than a Tuesday/Wednesday night(weather, travel after work etc). I would also like to use this unexpected break in proceedings to transition to summer football. Better weather and better pitches could only help enhance the quality of the football on display. I also believe summer football could bring about an improved TV deal for the Scottish game. If we were playing during the summer months we would no longer be competing for air time on Sky and BT with the English Premier Division. Indeed, these platforms might be delighted to have some live football to broadcast during the summer months and pay more for the rights to broadcast it. The transition would bring about some problems in the years where there are European Championships or a World Cup but I'm sure that could be worked around.

Never going to happen I don't suppose but just one or two things I would like to see us try up here. 

Edited by The Chief

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Yeah, sorry, I'll wind my neck in now.. ;)

The thing with Budge though is that it seems there is a route that could benefit more than just her club, and it wouldn't be detrimental, but she seems to still be pushing for the thing that only suits her and her club in the short term. It's another argument, but what suits Hearts alone may not suit Scottish football, and to use the terrible "no man is an island" quote, could then mean she is not pursuing what is best for her club in the long term.

Doesn't permanent change need an 11-1 vote from the Premier, whereas temporary change just needs 9-3? If that is true, then for once she is being savvy about how other teams will act. Call it 5 year temporary with a review after 3rd year?

4 minutes ago, The Chief said:

In an ideal world I would like to see a sixteen team top division. You play everyone else twice, once at home and once away. Thirty league fixtures. This would mean more free weekends where League Cup ties and Chocolate Biscuit cup ties could be played. It would also lighten the load fixture wise for Scottish clubs competing in European competitions. I realise clubs are never going to go for it because it will cost them eight league games worth of money but I think it would be good for fans too, going to watch a game on Saturday afternoon is better than a Tuesday/Wednesday night(weather, travel after work etc). I would also like to use this unexpected break in proceedings to transition to summer football. Better weather and better pitches could only help enhance the quality of the football on display. I also believe summer football could bring about an improved TV deal for the Scottish game. If we were playing during the summer months we would no longer be competing for air time on Sky and BT with the English Premier Division. Indeed, these platforms might be delighted to have some live football to broadcast during the summer months and pay more for the rights to broadcast it. The transition would bring about some problems in the years where there are European Championships or a World Cup but I'm sure that could be worked around.

Never going to happen I don't suppose but just one or two things I would like to see us try up here. 

Pfft

Personally I want club football twice a week 52 weeks a year

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

In an ideal world I would like to see a sixteen team top division. You play everyone else twice, once at home and once away. Thirty league fixtures. This would mean more free weekends where League Cup ties and Chocolate Biscuit cup ties could be played. It would also lighten the load fixture wise for Scottish clubs competing in European competitions. I realise clubs are never going to go for it because it will cost them eight league games worth of money but I think it would be good for fans too, going to watch a game on Saturday afternoon is better than a Tuesday/Wednesday night(weather, travel after work etc). I would also like to use this unexpected break in proceedings to transition to summer football. Better weather and better pitches could only help enhance the quality of the football on display. I also believe summer football could bring about an improved TV deal for the Scottish game. If we were playing during the summer months we would no longer be competing for air time on Sky and BT with the English Premier Division. Indeed, these platforms might be delighted to have some live football to broadcast during the summer months. It would bring about some problems in the years where there are European Championships or a World Cup but I'm sure that could be worked around.

Challenge Cup is already played on Saturdays.

Apart from being an utter shan tournament how does "filling" weekends with these fixtures help teams in the top flight who are now facing a maximum of 15 home games.

We shouldn't be doing anything to draw out the purgatory of the League Cup either 

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Doesn't permanent change need an 11-1 vote from the Premier, whereas temporary change just needs 9-3? If that is true, then for once she is being savvy about how other teams will act. Call it 5 year temporary with a review after 3rd year?

I don't think this is the case. Any expansion of the SPFL needs an 11-1 vote from the Premiership.

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

No, temporary or permanent isn't the issue it's about expansion.

People who want fewer games are fucking weirdos in my mind. 16 teams, once home and away means 15 home league games a season. Cutting the amount of football by almost a quarter? f**k that, I want as many games as possible. Weekends without football are garbage.

People who want fewer games are fucking weirdos in my mind. 16 teams, once home and away means 15 home league games a season. Cutting the amount of football by almost a quarter? f**k that, I want as many games as possible. Weekends without football are garbage.

If you’d been watching hearts for the last couple of seasons then you’d appreciate the appeal of fewer games

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think this is the case. Any expansion of the SPFL needs an 11-1 vote from the Premiership.

In which case, no idea why any change is being promoted as a temporary change. If clubs were to go for a change - a real long shot - then why bother if it's all going to change again for sure in a couple of years time? Maybe certain other teams have said to her that they will only entertain change if it is time limited. Sounds naive.

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:
48 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If you’d been watching hearts for the last couple of seasons then you’d appreciate the appeal of fewer games

Is there a prize for best (and most self-aware) comment of the day?

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Should I make it again?

Wasn't that my point and you are stealing it for virtue signalling brownie points? ;)

15 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Mass gatherings banned...

I'm sure there is an Irish joke to be made there

Edited by Ric

I see another 'out' for Budge courtesy of the Liga MX. FC Veracruz were relegated from the top tier at the end of last season but as the Liga was looking to expand to 20 teams they accepted a $6million offer from Vearcruz' owner to stay in the league (which brought the league up to 19...)

How much would the #SPFL accept to keep Hearts in the prem? I reckon a lot less than six million dollars