League Reconstruction 20/21 season

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does he defend them or does he quote the rules that prevent half arsed suggestions by people who don't know what they are talking about?

The rules as they stand might appear to be unreasonable but until they are changed you need to abide by them.

Well, as the RealMadrid exchange just showed, sometimes he confidently quotes SPFL rules incorrectly. Defending the SPFL (just coincidentally)

Romania went with the 6/8 split back in 2015-16 since then the difference between 6th and 7th after round 26 has been:

2015-16 = 1pt
2016-17 = 2pts
2017-18 = 0pt GD, 8th place was also on the same points total
2018-19 = 1pt
2019-20 = 2pts

Greece also adopted it this year and had a 2 point difference between 6th and 7th.

I get why people like the split, I was against it, I'm less so now seeing as it seems to be OK, but the idea of a team in 7th getting more points than the one in 6th absolutely rustles my jimmies. Yes, I know why, still doesn't stop me grinding my teeth about it.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The panel doesn't have to be impartial, the clubs have to vote on it anyway, so if she produces something too "partial" then the other clubs will vote it down.

Going by her record odds on she will produce a 'partial' solution, after all under her guidance she has delivered a partial stadium.

5 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Going by her record odds on she will produce a 'partial' solution, after all under her guidance she has delivered a partial stadium.

Expansion space, Joe, expansion space. To accommodate the extra hospitality which we will - to use the fashionable phrase - be "ramping up" soon.

Edited by Pet Jeden

38 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

By your logic no play-off is fair - because, never mind 36/40 games, the team in the lower division has had easier opponents all season. Duh.

ED896840-ADBA-4554-A7EC-17B4D6F9F1DF.jpeg

What? I'm saying it's not fair because one team plays 40 games and one team plays 36.

Every other divisional play off has teams playing the same amount of games before the Final.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What? I'm saying it's not fair because one team plays 40 games and one team plays 36.

Every other divisional play off has teams playing the same amount of games before the Final.

How does it currently work between the Premier team (33 games) v the Championship team (36 games + extra play off ties)?

Are you a parody account?

Edited by Pet Jeden

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Very good. But, any idea why they did actually vote that way? I can’t get my head round any team with a play off chance voting to end the season early on current places. Was it desperation for the pay-out? Or desperation to be able to end player contracts? Or can we expect to see a show-case friendly in Boston? Just weird.

Or maybe the many sides in that position appreciated the undeniable reality that there was no prospect of actually finishing the season, so accepting that they would never have a chance to participate in the playoffs decided to back what they thought was the fairest option between a proposal which left Hearts, Partick and Stranraer feeling hard done by and a proposal which would have left Dundee United, Raith and Cove feeling hard done by.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

How does it currently work between the Premier team (33 games) v the Championship team (36 games + extra play off ties)?

I'm quoting this before you realise your mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

My apologies. It’s 38 v 38 or 40 or 42. Point stands.

Do you actually have any clue how the Play-Offs work in the top flight?

A Premeirship Play Off Final will never see a top flight team playing 40 games before it.

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Very good. But, any idea why they did actually vote that way? I can’t get my head round any team with a play off chance voting to end the season early on current places. Was it desperation for the pay-out? Or desperation to be able to end player contracts? Or can we expect to see a show-case friendly in Boston? Just weird.

If you listened to the Falkirk guy on Saturday it is definitely to end player contracts 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you actually have any clue how the Play-Offs work in the top flight?

A Premeirship Play Off Final will never see a top flight team playing 40 games before it.

The knackered Championship team has to keep playing in a kids “winner stays on” fashion. 

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

My apologies. It’s 38 v 38 or 40 or 42. Point stands.

No, it's 40 vs 40 or 42. You're making some arse of this.

The 2 extra games for 3rd/4th I'd say, are a fair compromise and ireward for finishing 2nd in championship.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No, it's 40 vs 40 or 42. You're making some arse of this.

The 2 extra games for 3rd/4th I'd say, are a fair compromise and ireward for finishing 2nd in championship.

Yet he's giving @craigkillie a hard time for getting an obscure SPFL rule wrong.

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The knackered Championship team has to keep playing in a kids “winner stays on” fashion. 

No. 11th in the Premiership and 2nd in the Championship both play 38 games before the Final.

The final two games before the Final for the Premiership side are on the exact same dates as the Play Off Semi Final for the Championship side.

It absolutely baffles me why people constantly claim that 2nd in the Championship somehow play more games in less time than their Premiership opponents. 

Edited by RandomGuy.