League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

This is all very well for a fan of a tinpot team from the seaside leagues to say, but the carrot of getting to go on the piss in Central Europe somewhere means that the bigger clubs like St Johnstone, Motherwell and Kilmarnock would never vote for something that jeopardises our European places. 

So, which one are you, Frankie Boyle or Kevin Bridges, cause that wiz funny...

21 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Having a split too early in the season also increases the likelihood of teams in the bottom half having (potentially a lot) more points than those in the top half. Might not seem like a huge deal but it doesn’t seem fair telling the club in 7th - that might only be a handful of points off European football at that point - that their season is effectively over when there’s still double figures worth of games left. The 5 games just now rarely makes much difference.

It doesn’t look particularly professional for a top-flight club to be releasing a statement with their hopes and wishes list in the style of some sort of high school discursive essay, by the way.

Yes. Shame Ayr didn’t apply that logic before casting their vote.

40 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Thats not true

The game at Ibrox was postponed on the 25th of September as Rangers qualified for the cup semi finals meaning the game that was due on the 2nd of November could not be played.

BT announced there section on the 30th of September. The league would have known the situation by then.

Oooft. Brave man - taking on Craig on a matter of the detailed workings of the SPFL. He’s well informed and defends them - always.

41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Oh, this has made my night.

Still so bitter after all these years, at least they now know they will be playing us in the Championship next season.

My favourite quotes...

"As a veteran of 86' I have hated them since. Now, I went them gone. In fact, I am doing an extra line on the lotto, If I win I will buy them and finish them."

"Would love them to go under though, nice spot for an aldi. Hate them."

"Assuming this goes on for several more months, clubs like Dunder will find themselves in dire straights unless a benefactor fronts up. There should be no govt financial relief for football clubs.  If there was  it should also be provided to the Rolling Stones. We're all in the entertainment business. Hearts will survive this no matter how it plays out.  Entirely possible that Dundee will not."

And my personal favourite.....

"All the stuff about 86. Like many I was there. The moral reality is Hearts were champions"

Do they not know you lot are bomb proof.

You have survived all the chancers from Ron Dixon to Fat Harry McLean and somehow survived.

Edited by realmadrid

8 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Oooft. Brave man - taking on Craig on a matter of the detailed workings of the SPFL. He’s well informed and defends them - always.

He can defend them all he likes, we as a club knew on the night of the Rangers quarter final that the game was postponed . The club stated it would be played later in the year and removed the fixture for the website that day.

To be fair to the league the probably assumed Rangers would not qualify for the last 32 never mind last 16 of the Europa league . When the game would have been played was anyone guess but it will be a unique season in which after visiting Celtic Park on day 1 of the league season we never returned to Glasgow. 

10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

And even if you can fit in the games

Splitting the league after 26 games out of 40 is a lot of shite.

Half way through the league then telling 8 clubs they cannot compete for European places, poor stuff.  Possibly would only realistically affect 2 or 3 teams but it is very early to bring the shutters down.

Livi announce their reconstruction plan-

A permanent 14-10-10-10 with a 6/8 split in the top flight, 2 up, 2down with a play-off spot between 12th in Premiership & 3rd in Championship...

Livingston also insist that the only fair way to go about this is to make it a permanent reconstruction and not have it as a temporary measure as has been suggested in recent days.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/livingston-outline-spfl-reconstruction-plan-21897822 

Edited by btb

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Can't we come up with a solution where no team is disadvantaged or misses out on promotion except Hearts who get relegated?

You’re almost there. The only slight flaw in your masterplan is that Partick and Stranraer are also collateral damage. But, f**k ‘em Romeo, eh? All that really matters is 8.79-in-a-row.

Just now, btb said:

Livi announce their reconstruction plan-

A permanent 14-10-10-10 with a 6/8 split in the top flight, 2 up, 2down with a potential play-off spot between 12th in Premiership & 3rd in Championship...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/livingston-outline-spfl-reconstruction-plan-21897822 

That's not plausible at all, nor fair.

Youd have a team finishing 3rd bottom, having played 40 league games, going into a play off against a team who finished 3rd and playing 36.

Longer league season probably means play offs would be played in June.

I’m undecided about reconstruction. If we have a temporary reconstruction, then this is being done simply for two clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle as Stranraer we’re going down anyway, and with the play offs not happening Brechin are safe anyway. If the reconstruction is deemed to be permanent, until the next reconstruction, it has to be asked if this would have happened had this crisis not been with us. The answer is obviously “no”, so really the same reasoning applies. Should we be turning our leagues upside down for the sake of two clubs out of 42? 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Aye mate it was me who actually made the vote for Ayr.

Very good. But, any idea why they did actually vote that way? I can’t get my head round any team with a play off chance voting to end the season early on current places. Was it desperation for the pay-out? Or desperation to be able to end player contracts? Or can we expect to see a show-case friendly in Boston? Just weird.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's not plausible at all, nor fair.

Youd have a team finishing 3rd bottom, having played 40 league games, going into a play off against a team who finished 3rd and playing 36.

Longer league season probably means play offs would be played in June.

In reverse order It should be possible to accommodate two extra games for teams in the bottom half of the top flight (there's normally a free week before the post-split games start) and play-offs for the Championship play-off spot would mitigate the extra games for the Premiership team - just saying.

There's obviously gonna be a deal of horse-trading but I think we can assume that Anne will have to Budge (I'll get my jacket) on her idea of a temporary reconstruction.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Should we be turning our leagues upside down for the sake of two clubs out of 42? 

No......and we wont, because the 42 will have a vote on it

Edited by Green Day