League Reconstruction 20/21 season

6 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

and at what point do we tell UEFA to go f**k themselves and put our own interests first. time for the tail to stop wagging the dog and we just tell them what we're doing and f**k em.

When we can afford to pay the fines they impose for playing games in opposition to theirs.

1 minute ago, ChrispPancake said:

So don't pay them. Coronavrus has changed everything. time for a reboot, and that reboot puts scottish football interests at the heart of scottish football and if UEFA don;t like it they can go f**k themselves

I'm only going to indulge you for a wee while. What do you think the outcome might be if Scottish teams and therefore the SPFL continually broke UEFA rules?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Even if that rule wasn't in place we wouldn't be able to schedule a round of league fixtures, since several of our clubs might be playing in Europe.

"Several" clubs? Probably stretching it a bit if you are talking about any time after August. But anyway, so what if one or two of the fixtures have to be postponed until when there is a free midweek?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm only going to indulge you for a wee while. What do you think the outcome might be if Scottish teams and therefore the SPFL continually broke UEFA rules?

take Uefa to CAS and challenge it, they're imposing restrictions on home leagues managing themselves. I don't really care as long as the interests of the scottish game are managed within the scottish game and not restricted by a 3rd body who are only interested in their own sh!t

2 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

take Uefa to CAS and challenge it, they're imposing restrictions on home leagues managing themselves. I don't really care as long as the interests of the scottish game are managed within the scottish game and not restricted by a 3rd body who are only interested in their own sh!t

Do you wonder why no-one else has done that?

23 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

and at what point do we tell UEFA to go f**k themselves and put our own interests first. time for the tail to stop wagging the dog and we just tell them what we're doing and f**k em

When Celtic and Rangers decide they no longer want any of that nice Champions League/Europa League dosh.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

"Several" clubs? Probably stretching it a bit if you are talking about any time after August. But anyway, so what if one or two of the fixtures have to be postponed until when there is a free midweek?

The new UEFA Conference League combined with our improved coefficient makes it much more likely that more Scottish clubs could reach the group stages. If you want to split after 26 games (ie mid-February) then you're going to struggle to find enough free midweeks for a club in a group stage. Rangers still had an outstanding fixture with no scheduled date this season.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The new UEFA Conference League combined with our improved coefficient makes it much more likely that more Scottish clubs could reach the group stages. If you want to split after 26 games (ie mid-February) then you're going to struggle to find enough free midweeks for a club in a group stage. Rangers still had an outstanding fixture with no scheduled date this season.

Surely the likes of Rangers would face fewer league matches (26 pre-split, and 10 post split = 36 matches). 

Under the current system they play 38  (33 pre-split and 5 post split).

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rangers still had an outstanding fixture with no scheduled date this season.

Only because BT Sport scheduled their Hibs game for a Friday night so they couldn't play midweek like Celtic.

10 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Surely the likes of Rangers would face fewer league matches (26 pre-split, and 10 post split = 36 matches). 

Under the current system they play 38  (33 pre-split and 5 post split).

The top six teams would play fewer games post-split, but the schedule would still have to leave space for 14 rounds anyway, since the bottom six would be playing that many games. Therefore you could envisage the likes of Rangers having free midweeks AFTER the split, but that wouldn't help with the original challenge of finding enough dates for them to play their first 26 games before the split.

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Only because BT Sport scheduled their Hibs game for a Friday night so they couldn't play midweek like Celtic.

Something that could easily happen in any given season. The Hibs game was scheduled before there even was a postponed game to catch up with

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Something that could easily happen in any given season. The Hibs game was scheduled before there even was a postponed game to catch up with

Thats not true

The game at Ibrox was postponed on the 25th of September as Rangers qualified for the cup semi finals meaning the game that was due on the 2nd of November could not be played.

BT announced there section on the 30th of September. The league would have known the situation by then.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

At least the Hearts supporters on Kickback look like they are mellowing. 

Lovely stuff. 

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188540-filthy-dundee-fc/

Oh, this has made my night.

Still so bitter after all these years, at least they now know they will be playing us in the Championship next season.

My favourite quotes...

"As a veteran of 86' I have hated them since. Now, I went them gone. In fact, I am doing an extra line on the lotto, If I win I will buy them and finish them."

"Would love them to go under though, nice spot for an aldi. Hate them."

"Assuming this goes on for several more months, clubs like Dunder will find themselves in dire straights unless a benefactor fronts up. There should be no govt financial relief for football clubs.  If there was  it should also be provided to the Rolling Stones. We're all in the entertainment business. Hearts will survive this no matter how it plays out.  Entirely possible that Dundee will not."

And my personal favourite.....

"All the stuff about 86. Like many I was there. The moral reality is Hearts were champions"

Having a split too early in the season also increases the likelihood of teams in the bottom half having (potentially a lot) more points than those in the top half. Might not seem like a huge deal but it doesn’t seem fair telling the club in 7th - that might only be a handful of points off European football at that point - that their season is effectively over when there’s still double figures worth of games left. The 5 games just now rarely makes much difference.

It doesn’t look particularly professional for a top-flight club to be releasing a statement with their hopes and wishes list in the style of some sort of high school discursive essay, by the way.