League Reconstruction 20/21 season

8 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

I like Stephen Dobbie, and he probably would get a game for St Johnstone if he were so inclined these days. Is it a hill worth dying on and making a total arse of yourself for though? Grim stuff from @Doonhamer 1969 as St Johnstone fans are running rings round him.

Sad day when the Disciples of Geoff 'I don't like getting beat fair and square' Brown are getting backed by folk.

Even sadder when they have to get their entire support out  (all 3 of them) because they can't stand being hit with the uncomfortable truth.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

Dumfries and Galloway does have a border with England though, that's not even debatable. 

Tam, I really don't care. Last four pages have been nothing but pish. 

Co-Chair of the Reconstruction Committee Hamilton's Les Gray says he/Hamilton wants any reconstruction to be permanent.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/les-gray-spfl-reconstruction-conflicts-21892917

Gray understands it is a hefty task that won’t get off the ground unless positions of neutrality are immediately found.

But a perfect example of conflicting outlooks comes from the chair positions.

Budge has stated publicly she would prefer a temporary restructure, while Gray’s own board at Hamilton want permanent change.

I quite liked Grey's quote of:

It's the clubs that voted 'no' that are the noisiest. And I'm looking at what their motives might be.

Which I am sure has niggled both Budge and those down Ibrox way.

I've always found Grey to be fairly even minded in the past. I've not listened to a lot of what he said, so maybe Hamilton fans will think differently but I said at the time while Grey and Budge being put in charge of the taskforce has serious conflicts of interest, at least Hamilton will have some understanding of what it's like to be in a relegation battle on a regular basis (no dig there, I'd level the same at us) and the detrimental effect a temporary change would have.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

@Doonhamer 1969

Thankyou for the report about bad language but after your antics last night threatening to find someone and wrong their fuckin neck I think we can just ignore your report.

Feel free to report me.

Cheers.

A fucking grass as well as a heads gone virtually English tory weirdo, some fucking boy.

Was just coming on to post Gray’s article myself. Interesting to hear but not surprising he opposes a temporary re-construction I imagine he’ll be on the side of 14/16 teams permanently or no re-construction. While the wicked Witch of Midlothian tries to push though temporary measures. Only disappointing part is that he said he would vote for temporary reconstruction if right for the club.

I imagine because Gray is on the task force we will be voting yes for it along with Hearts and Hibs even if it is temporary as they can’t be seen to be shooting down what they’ve proposed. So would still need to find 2 no’s from the rest in that case.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I imagine because Gray is on the task force we will be voting yes for it along with Hearts and Hibs even if it is temporary as they can’t be seen to be shooting down what they’ve proposed. So would still need to find 2 no’s from the rest in that case.

1) I see I've been calling him Grey all the time, not Gray. Oops.

2) I would sincerely hope that he doesn't rubber stamp a temporary situation as it's clear it would not be beneficial to your club. If he does, then he's no better than Budge.

3) Again I would hope our club votes against any temporary measure while stating if it wasn't temp we would be happy to agree.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was just coming on to post Gray’s article myself. Interesting to hear but not surprising he opposes a temporary re-construction I imagine he’ll be on the side of 14 teams permanently or no re-construction. While the wicked Witch of Midlothian tries to push though temporary measures. Only disappointing part is that he said he would vote for temporary reconstruction if right for the club.

My flabber will be gasted if the Hamilton BoD feel the need to back any temporary solution just because Gray was Co-Chair of the Reconstruction Committee.

Edited by btb

My flabber will be gasted if the Hamilton BoD feel the need to back any temporary solution just because Gray was Co-Chair of the Reconstruction Committee.

I’ve been flabbergasted by Hamilton/Gray voting for unpopular league decisions for no good reason in the past mainly around 2012...

48 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What’s happened to the League Reconstruction Thread?

Is it dead yet or has Budgie won?

QoS have voluntarily moved to the Unibond Premier league...

A Co-chair of the reconstruction committee using the media to launch a passive aggressive jibe at fellow co-chair over their motives and we're no even a week in.

You just fucking love to see it. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks