League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He took the money back, with interest.

You'll never, ever get *insert generic lower league side who never reach the top flight* fans not claiming Geoff Brown single handedly pumped millions in to drive us to success. That's clearly we spent the best part of a decade in the second tier under him...

'We're getting into debt'

Hypocrite that he is .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51607656

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll never, ever get *insert generic lower league side who never reach the top flight* fans not claiming Geoff Brown single handedly pumped millions in to drive us to success. That's clearly we spent the best part of a decade in the second tier under him...

I'm still whiney about it over 8 years later '

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/geoff-brown-last-gasp-gretna-8766710

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oh look, Over a million £  miraculously 'appears' in the accounts ...

See 'Cash at bank and in hand'.

I wonder how that got there ..

Selling kits for £50,000 a pop that season were you ?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC007629/filing-history

Screenshot (66).png

Edited by Doonhamer1969

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Domestically, I'm not sure but the Europa League at its inception had 5 team groups for a few years so teams had free weeks.

It's also not unknown for UEFA qualifying groups to be in group sizes of 5 or 7. So those teams also have free weeks. It's certainly not a novel concept in football.

I vaguely remember that alright, but in terms of the top tier of a domestic league I reckon it's a novel idea. Why would you do it if you didn't need to like one of the other lads said like in the HL league..

I like Stephen Dobbie, and he probably would get a game for St Johnstone if he were so inclined these days. Is it a hill worth dying on and making a total arse of yourself for though? Grim stuff from @Doonhamer 1969 as St Johnstone fans are running rings round him.

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

From Third Lanark going bust till Meadowbank being admitted, the SFL 2nd Division had an odd number of teams.

The second division had an odd number of teams from 1955/56 until Clydebank were admitted, which was the same season Thirds disappeared.

Oh look, Over a million £  miraculously 'appears' in the accounts ...
See 'Cash at bank and in hand'.
I wonder how that got there ..
Selling kits for £50,000 a pop that season were you ?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC007629/filing-history
59075341_Screenshot(66).png.9e628426bcbcae2973083a5d349e0655.png

Is this going to end up, as tradition dictates, with allegations of money laundering?

I do hope so

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The second division had an odd number of teams from 1955/56 until Clydebank were admitted, which was the same season Thirds disappeared.

Eh? Thirds went in 1967. It was an odd number until Meadowbank came in...I think.

@weetoonlad and his restructure plans have fried my brain.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Eh? Thirds went in 1967. It was an odd number until Meadowbank came in...I think.

@weetoonlad and his restructure plans have fried my brain.

It was an odd number from 1955/56 to 1965/66, then Clydebank came in, then Thirds went bust, then it was an odd number again, until the works team were admitted.

9 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Dumfries isn't in the Borders.

It's in Dumfries and Galloway ,funnily enough.

Never mind the facts.

So there's no border with England and Scotland in Dumfries and Galloway? 

Silly Borderer!