League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Absolute clusterfuck when the easiest solution is United up and Hearts down.

But... but...

Yn4Lrx1m.png

So... as I had better things to do yesterday and didn't follow the radio, have we reached a stage where Budge has put forward a 12 team league where all the team names that start with "H" and end in "eart of Midlothain" are stopped from relegation for the next decade?

Does Budge tweet btw, because I feel she would be up along with Trump in terms of unhinged.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

It doesn't work fine .

Majority of fans and players don't like playing the same teams 4 times per season .

I agree that 4 times a season is dull and repetitive.

However, that in itself should never be conflated with the caterwauling coming from Gorgie that the league structure needs to change to benefit their current situation. Budge doesn't give a f**k about 4 times a season as it means more OF games and more Edinburgh derbies and she's actively argued for less clubs in the Scottish setup.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

I have to disagree, Falcor. I think age is critical in this matter. You’re 33 and the phrase you use is that RandomGuy is “ thick as two planks”. Whereas I’m a lot older than you and the phrase I use is that RandomGuy isthick as two short planks”. Not sure why the shortness of the plank is relevant, but for my generation, guys like Random have always been referred to asthick as two short planks”. On the other hand, the yoof of today have shortened the phrase still further and they would just say RandomGuy “is a plank”. 
The plankyness of Randomguy intrigued me, so I googled it and apparantly the phrase goes all the way back to Shakespeare’s time. The Bard would probably have said Something like “Beware that spare RandomGuy, he be thycke as two shorte plankes”.

Hope I’ve not strayed off the point there.

333.gif.771819d548018912c04d190fda2b2f15.gif.97cec4c78279e3cb728066ce8c38f664.gif

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Picture it, 20 degree sunshine on a mid May afternoon, summer smell in the air, pubs bouncing, last day of the Scottish football season so excitement in the air to see how Hamilton are going to survive this year.

But you can’t go and watch your football team on one of the best days of the season because we’ve got a ridiculous 7-7 split to save an absolute gubbins Hearts side from going down. 

When these are the sort of ideas getting banded about you know the whole thing is an absolute farce. 

7/7 doesn’t work as it is open to last day manipulation as per the famous W Germany v Austria game - that’s why all games kick off at same time on last day

18 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Any expansion of the SPFL from 42 requires 11-1. Budge herself saying 42 to 44 wouldn't be temporary but top division to 14 would be (in her preference).

Meaning the Championship becomes a 12-team league with a split from the following season?

Been said before.  Easiest solution is to make all leagues 12 teams.  Dundee United come up.  Two teams get promoted from league one and two, Bora and Kelty come up.  Also crucially there is no relegation for anyone.

Unless your team starts with a H.

18 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

7/7 doesn’t work as it is open to last day manipulation as per the famous W Germany v Austria game - that’s why all games kick off at same time on last day

I mean... er... sure... it's not like those two "worked together" before that... :unsure2:

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I can only talk for my club but over the last 10 years we've had very very few dead rubber games. The top 12 works, the split works. I get the 4 games against each other argument but that's not a big enough reason to be changing the league system imo.

Changing it to save an abysmal Hearts side is a farce.

12 teams is probably the best of all the choices available 14, 16 ,18. To me it is unfair to some teams before and after the split eg. Team 7 could be 1 point behind team 6 but have played team 6 twice away from home. After the split they try and allocate the games so that teams end up with 19 home and away fixture but that rarely happen and at leat 1 team will end up with 18 home games and another with 20 home games.

How about splitting after you have played every team twice  … 22  games

After the split teams play each other home and away …. 10 games 

So we have a season where every team play 16 home and 16 away games much fairer to all teams with regard to qualifying for Europe and relegation 

If we look at worst case scenario at the moment it is 2 games less to be played but IMO a much fairer system than what we have at the moment 

18 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Been said before.  Easiest solution is to make all leagues 12 teams.  Dundee United come up.  Two teams get promoted from league one and two, Bora and Kelty come up.  Also crucially there is no relegation for anyone.

Unless your team starts with a H.

All leagues 12 teams mean 48 teams, need 6 new ones, don’t think so.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

The Bard would probably have said Something like “Beware that spare RandomGuy, he be thycke as two shorte plankes”.

So if we are going there, and we weren't, that is definitely not how Shakespeare would have said it. However, rather than spend 10 terminally dull minutes explaining as to why allow me to provide an actual quote:

"The common curse of mankind, folly and ignorance, be thine in great revenue!"

Which if anyone is interested (and I know they aren't) this is from Troilus and Cressida, although I can't remember which act (again, not that anyone cares).

:)

All leagues 12 teams mean 48 teams, need 6 new ones, don’t think so.

There's no real issue in adding 6 new teams - this could be done very easily based on merit, and it would only require a modest adjustment to the prize pot - probably about £200k in total to cover all six clubs.

21 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

12 teams is probably the best of all the choices available 14, 16 ,18. To me it is unfair to some teams before and after the split eg. Team 7 could be 1 point behind team 6 but have played team 6 twice away from home. 

I've never moaned about this, I don't think I've ever seen anyone moan about this, don't think it really matters as some teams have better away form and let's face it the split works if they are that close when it happens.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I've never moaned about this, I don't think I've ever seen anyone moan about this, don't think it really matters as some teams have better away form and let's face it the split works if they are that close when it happens.

Might have better away form but they loose out on home gate money and corporate hospitality 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

But... but...

Yn4Lrx1m.png

So... as I had better things to do yesterday and didn't follow the radio, have we reached a stage where Budge has put forward a 12 team league where all the team names that start with "H" and end in "eart of Midlothain" are stopped from relegation for the next decade?

Does Budge tweet btw, because I feel she would be up along with Trump in terms of unhinged.

:yucky

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

So if we are going there, and we weren't, that is definitely not how Shakespeare would have said it. However, rather than spend 10 terminally dull minutes explaining as to why allow me to provide an actual quote:

"The common curse of mankind, folly and ignorance, be thine in great revenue!"

Which if anyone is interested (and I know they aren't) this is from Troilus and Cressida, although I can't remember which act (again, not that anyone cares).

:)

Okay, Sir.

I must not misquote Shakespeare.

I must not misquote Shakespeare.... x 100.

(but Random's still as thick as two short planks)

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

:yucky

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay, Sir.

I must not misquote Shakespeare.... x 100.

(but Random's still as thick as two short planks)

Could I just offer my apologies to both of you, for different reasons.. ;)