League Reconstruction 20/21 season

49 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If she'd returned with a bit of humility and the admission that she'd opened her mouth and let her belly rumble with regards to this fucking stupid temporary measure and be willing to find a negotiable solution, clubs might be more onside as well.

Tbf there was a(nother) Hearts statement this morning which did back down a bit.

Took her all of half a day to then f**k over that statement though 😂

I thought Budge's objections to the first vote was that discussion had been curtailed and only one option put forward but with her desire to get down to "one or two" options "very, very quickly" it seems she wants to do pretty much the same.

Edited by btb

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Aberdeen would be willing to vote for a temporary reconstruction for one season, according to Cormack on Sportsound. 14 team league. 

What is the requirement to get any vote passed? Or are we working on new rules? I'd sincerely hope that my club would tell them to bolt if it came to just a temp reconstruction.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

What is the requirement to get any vote passed? Or are we working on new rules? I'd sincerely hope that my club would tell them to bolt if it came to just a temp reconstruction.

Someone has just posted them on the Sportsound thread. Looks like 11-1 is required because the number of teams in the league would be changing.

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Aberdeen would be willing to vote for a temporary reconstruction for one season, according to Cormack on Sportsound. 14 team league. 

One season and 2 extra teams, seems pretty pointless.  I can see why some clubs might be a bit unsure about it but surely we can trial a proper extension for atleast 3 seasons  (preferably longer) and give it a fair chance.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

One season and 2 extra teams, seems pretty pointless.  I can see why some clubs might be a bit unsure about it but surely we can trial a proper extension for atleast 3 seasons  (preferably longer) and give it a fair chance.

f**k me, I'm not going to like it but have a green dot.

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Someone has just posted them on the Sportsound thread. Looks like 11-1 is required because the number of teams in the league would be changing.

Good. You'd hope at least 2 teams would dingy her nonsense.

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

Someone said the other day that for a multi-league reconstruction you need...

11 Premiership clubs.

75% of Premiership/Championship clubs

And I think it was 75% of League One/League Two clubs.

Same system as last time, all three have to all vote yes or it fails.

1 hour ago, btb said:

I thought Budge's objections to the first vote was that discussion had been curtailed and only one option put forward but with her desire to get down to "one or two" options "very, very quickly" it seems she wants to do pretty much the same.

The best thing Budge could do to further Hearts' interests is to keep her girning raisin-like coupon out of the media for the next three weeks.

11 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Just had a thought, would the fact that it’s likely to be a temporary restructure alter the voting requirements from the usual 11-1?

Any expansion of the SPFL from 42 requires 11-1. Budge herself saying 42 to 44 wouldn't be temporary but top division to 14 would be (in her preference).

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The rugby park one, yes.  When it came to playing football the kilmarnock players looked dumbfounded as the silky Welsh weaved past them. 

Kilmarnock players even a hounded a manager who tried to culture them in the beautiful game, rather than just running around booting opponents. 

So your argument fails as Killie would have gone through if they’d kept their normal counter attacking style instead of pushing for a goal they didn’t need in the home leg. Or if we looked dumbfounded at the silky Welsh play, then you’re acknowledging they were better than first thought since Sevco have never managed to look silky against us in recent seasons?

If Alessio was implementing a culture of beautiful and expansive football, then you definitely never saw Killie during his tenure. If anything he was too defensive with 3 sitting centre mids home or away, and Brophy isolated with no support within 30 yards in most games. The football was brutal to watch 95% of the time.  It’s no surprise he’s been so much more effective since Alessio left. 

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

People calling for an 18 team top division have a romantic notion of how it used to be. It was changed for a reason. The reasons not to have it have been compounded by changes in wider society. The novelty will wear off quickly and the argument that teams can "blood youths" is fine in theory, but will enough people pay about £25.00 to watch it.

An 18 team division also creates a low quality second tier that the 18 would be terrified to drop into because of the disastrous financial consequences.

Yeah, this is the crux of it for me.

I reckon the meaningless games argument around larger leagues is overstated - you're not going to have 10 teams out of 18 playing for nothing from January onwards, you'd still have clubs plodding in mid-table with the chance of breaking into a battle at either end of the table with a sustained run of form one way or the other exactly as we do now with most clubs not being mathematically out of it until the last 3 or 4 games as usual. I feel like I'm wording this badly but if you're playing 34 games you've only got the same potential to open up a gap over other clubs as you do in 34 games in any other size of league, if that makes sense.

The drop off between divisions is the real reason it couldn't work. You can't go directly from a top flight with the biggest sides in the country straight into a division where the vast majority of sides have attendances under 1000, you're creating far too large a financial cliff edge between the two divisions. You could maybe get away with 16 but that's pushing it, and while 14 is doable for the size of clubs we have,14 is an awkward size of league and will unavoidably have a shitter split than we have just now. Leave it as it is.

I find it hard to understand why on some teams threads just now folk are discussing who they’re going to be signing. I think as things stand, everyone should just be wanting their team to be in existence when the football starts again, whenever that may be.

I find it hard to understand why on some teams threads just now folk are discussing who they’re going to be signing. I think as things stand, everyone should just be wanting their team to be in existence when the football starts again, whenever that may be.

Totally agree, but in saying that, we still need a creative midfielder.