League Reconstruction 20/21 season

They wanted a hastily and poorly constructed 14 team league, they wanted Hearts to stay up and they wanted the promotion of two Championship clubs..

No, no, no.

Void the lot or get fucked. No to reconstruction.

It won't suit the Premiership, however it would only marginally affect the rest of the clubs financially, surely? Also would it not benefit clubs in respect of the fact the strongest two teams in their division would not be competing next season, assuming the Premiership was expanded to 14 clubs?

Since Jan Hearts played every club in the bottom six and couldn't beat any of them. Facts is they are bottom on merit with no indication a miracle was forthcoming. They were by far the worst team I have seen this season in that last 'cup final' , 'must win' game. They are a club awash with money compared to all their competitors but still couldn't beat any of them. No-one wanted the season to stop but when it did they were where they deserved to be.

All this 'they dont deserve to go down' is an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:
1 hour ago, The Reverend said:
It won't suit the Premiership, however it would only marginally affect the rest of the clubs financially, surely? Also would it not benefit clubs in respect of the fact the strongest two teams in their division would not be competing next season, assuming the Premiership was expanded to 14 clubs?

Since Jan Hearts played every club in the bottom six and couldn't beat any of them. Facts is they are bottom on merit with no indication a miracle was forthcoming. They were by far the worst team I have seen this season in that last 'cup final' , 'must win' game. They are a club awash with money compared to all their competitors but still couldn't beat any of them. No-one wanted the season to stop but when it did they were where they deserved to be.

Allow me to copy and paste from earlier:

The facts of the matter are very clear. You are bottom of the league, you are bottom of the form league for 6 games, you are below us in the form league for the last 10 games. In this season you have have failed to beat the club  directly above you, you have failed to beat the club 2 places directly above you and your manager has failed to put out a team that is capable of beating us, a team 3 places above you.

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Void the lot or get fucked. No to reconstruction.

Although not to that.

Budge has shot her bolt, she's been very clear, if there is no reconstruction the league is not to be voided they are to be papped out. No other option, imo.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hearts will go down, Dundee Hibernian will go up, the end. 

What about the schnech? Is wee Robo not chomping at the bit to have a go at the accies?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hearts will go down, Dundee Hibernian will go up, the end. 

I fear you're correct. I still want a 14 club Premiership with a 6/8 split. I'd go for a 16 team Championship with an 8/8 split, and then regionalise the two leagues below that. It's not going to happen, though. *sigh*

Just now, Ric said:

What about the schnech? Is wee Robo not chomping at the bit to have a go at the accies?

There's f**k all The Caley can do. We want to get promoted too but the chances of that happening are about 1.89%.

Just now, TheScarf said:

There's f**k all The Caley can do. We want to get promoted too but the chances of that happening are about 1.89%.

That's a good ratio... :)

...oh, it's a percentage. :(

4 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I fear you're correct. I still want a 14 club Premiership with a 6/8 split. I'd go for a 16 team Championship with an 8/8 split, and then regionalise the two leagues below that. It's not going to happen, though. *sigh*

Only fans of clubs who wouldn't be affected mention regional leagues.

It's an appalling idea with almost no support from the fans and clubs who would be forced in to it were it to ever happen.

4 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I think reconstruction needs to be voted on quickly, especially if clubs are going to start selling season tickets. How can Hearts, for example, sell season tickets if they don't know what league they'll be playing in next season?

They'll sell them to mugs on the back of being hard done to.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's an appalling idea with almost no support from the fans and clubs who would be forced in to it were it to ever happen.

Why is it an appalling idea, though? Less travelling and more local derbies is surely a good thing? I'm quite sure the English Football League used to have regional leagues (north and south). 

It's a non-starter as clubs down the SPFL would never vote for it as playing national level football has a certain prestige & also these clubs are clearly sustainable operating at national level given how long some of them have been in the league in it's SFL & SPFL forms.

Other issue is geography given the concentration of clubs in & around the central belt so a regionalised league could see a Dumbarton or Fife based team in a north section with an Elgin or Peterhead.

14 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Why is it an appalling idea, though? Less travelling and more local derbies is surely a good thing? I'm quite sure the English Football League used to have regional leagues (north and south). 

Go and ask the clubs. The ones who say they don't want it.

I would go for 16-16-16-16.

3 up 3 down with English league style playoffs.

League Cup - top 32 teams in a champions league style cup.

Challenge Cup - bottom 32 teams in a champions league style cup.

All teams guaranteed 36 games, 18 at home for season tickets.

Scottish Cup - 64 teams in 1 legged games.

Only problem no 4 old firm games for TV. Maybe Scottish football is about more than 2 teams!

3 up 3 down with English league style playoffs.

Only problem no 4 old firm games for TV. Maybe Scottish football is about more than 2 teams!

Good luck finding 22 teams to make the step up from non-league or would have suitable stadia to meet SPFL criteria.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Go and ask the clubs. The ones who say they don't want it.

Just now, ftk said:

3 up 3 down with English league playoffs.

That's 64 senior league teams? I think it would need to be three leagues of 16. It's a good idea, but I think Scottish football would lose money from the TV companies due to the fewer Old Firm games.