League Reconstruction 20/21 season

54 minutes ago, Ric said:

I can imagine Geoff and his boy showing some disdain for the argument that Hearts should be saved because they have spent money on not being relegated.

It's a real tough call. I suppose it depends on how our respective clubs handle this situation. I'd have great difficulty not supporting my team and it's not like they can play in another country so all I can think of is to have no negative effect on your own club is boycotting Hearts as the away support.

Boycotting is just so... Rangers-esque though, and I'd hate to have to drop to their level.

Seems to be default position if a vote doesn’t go your way. See some Partick and Falkirk fans this week. Absolutely pathetic behaviour.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Danny fucking Swanson,  love the wee chubby baller.

Hard not too, really.

Regularly scudded Hearts, sometimes kicked Ricky Foster in the puss. 

Great guy.

23 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Of course. Not a big surprise that everyone has been putting out statements talking about fairness and integrity. And that everyone's idea of fairness also happens to line up with what suits them*.

If we are demoted then the relative fairness of that outcome will also be judged against what happens in other leagues across Europe. 

I'd expect us to bounce back straight away without any real bother. If Villa go down in England then it could set them back years. 

I'm actually pretty relaxed about what happens. It would give us a chance to clear the decks and would be an apt end to Budge's reign. 

26 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I genuinely feel sorry for Hearts. There but for the grace of God. I am repeating myself when I say that I do not believe any club should be relegated. Latterly Hearts beat Rangers and Hibs, the latter away from home. I stated on the St. Mirren forum that I didn't think they would be relegated.

I feel reconstruction is the only fair way forward.

2 wins in their last 9 league games.

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Ann Budge might be utterly incompetent but whinging about her pointing out that early relegation might just be a tad harsh when there is a possible alternative is quite bizarre. I'd be worried if she wasn't continually doing just that. 

All clubs are acting in their own self interest just now. Quelle surprise. 

Monty Ha

Well no because we just had that debate ad nauseam - and then a vote - and the arguments of the bottom placed shite were overwhelmingly rejected by the 42 SPFL clubs.

If Budge had any brains at all then she’d be ditching her victimhood routine immediately as her club’s fate depends on all the other clubs to support reconstruction. And one of the biggest obstacles to that right now is Ann Budge.

I genuinely feel sorry for Hearts. There but for the grace of God. I am repeating myself when I say that I do not believe any club should be relegated. Latterly Hearts beat Rangers and Hibs, the latter away from home. I stated on the St. Mirren forum that I didn't think they would be relegated.
Well I don't. Biggest squad in the bottom six averaging 3 times the salary of their rivals. Spent six figure transfer fee in Jan on a player earning six times more than Obika. They are where they after 30 games because they are shite. They'll be back up in 12 months. Nothing to feel sorry for than the normal for a relegated club.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no because we just had that debate ad nauseam - and then a vote - and the arguments of the bottom placed shite were overwhelmingly rejected by the 42 SPFL clubs.

If Budge had any brains at all then she’d be ditching her victimhood routine immediately as her club’s fate depends on all the other clubs to support reconstruction. And one of the biggest obstacles to that right now is Ann Budge.

The vote should never have happened. It was never going to go the way of the minority of clubs that would suffer the most. The majority were always going to say f**k them I'm alright jack.  Hearts would have no doubt been the same if they were higher up the table, but it still doesn't make it right. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clubs aren't going to be swayed one way or the other by 'her victimhood routine'.  It's only the dafties on here who care. The clubs will vote on what suits them financially and that's likely to mean that reconstruction will not happen. 

The vote should never have happened. It was never going to go the way of the minority of clubs that would suffer the most. The majority were always going to say f**k them I'm alright jack.  Hearts would have no doubt been the same if they were higher up the table, but it still doesn't make it right. 

It also isn’t right to completely f**k over next season in some pointless hope this season is going to get played to a finish.

If it was Hamilton in Hearts position would I be raging? Yes but by now I’d have accepted this season isn’t going to start back up. Would Les Gray be making statements as stupid as Budge? Probably not, Would re-construction even be getting discussed if it was us? Absolutely not.

Take your medicine and be thankful your club are big enough the league is willing to discuss reconstruction to save them.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hideous shite.

Absolute fucking garbage in fact. Glad nothing even close to this spiteful fucking pish will never happen. Get this so far to f**k 

Do you not like it, then?

We are bottom of the league because we have been shite all season, that means you get relegated and that’s Budge’s fault (for many reasons).

Hearts fans wanting change at league level should be looking closer to home. 

Partick & Falkirk have more reason to be fucked off with this. Genuinely feel for their clubs and fans.

None of this excuses Dundee for being snakey b*****ds. f**k them and their shit city.

Bring on next year.

17 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Would Les Gray be making statements as stupid as Budge? Probably not

"Ann Budge is more dense than the boy that punted the best part of a million blabs to Prince Adewale" is probably the most damning indictment this board has ever seen.

17 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
1 hour ago, The Reverend said:

Well I don't. Biggest squad in the bottom six averaging 3 times the salary of their rivals. Spent six figure transfer fee in Jan on a player earning six times more than Obika. They are where they after 30 games because they are shite. They'll be back up in 12 months. Nothing to feel sorry for than the normal for a relegated club.

Aye, but the competition was predetermined to be over 38 games. Through nobody's fault it couldn't be completed, but it's not fair to relegate a side when the competition wasn't never concluded. 

13 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Clubs aren't going to be swayed one way or the other by 'her victimhood routine'.  It's only the dafties on here who care. The clubs will vote on what suits them financially and that's likely to mean that reconstruction will not happen. 

It won't suit the Premiership, however it would only marginally affect the rest of the clubs financially, surely? Also would it not benefit clubs in respect of the fact the strongest two teams in their division would not be competing next season, assuming the Premiership was expanded to 14 clubs?

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Seem to recall similar arguments being made when Sevco started up and the ‘finance is everything’ crew confidently predicted that they’d be let into the top flight. And then the second tier. Neither of which actually happened because the clubs voted against it despite the backdrop of Armageddon.

If it were a straightforward majority vote then you’d probably be correct about financial self interest prevailing but it only takes a few dissenting voices - as little as two top flight clubs - to vote it down for other reasons. And if Budge keeps bleating about how hard done to they are then it is only natural that club executives will turn against any proposal that seems to give Hearts a get out of jail card. As working a room of potentially very petty football clubs go she’s demonstrably shite at it.

Edited by vikingTON