League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You certainly flounced off in a huff. Is that not where the term "vandetta" comes from?

:lol:

You have a terrible memory.

"Vandetta" comes from someone else entirely.

I'll accept your apology for getting it so badly wrong though.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the feeling amongst Hearts fans about her over this?

Assume you'll have the odd supporter who'd defend the club no matter what, but curious about whether they back her or think shes actively harming the club now?

Hearts probably could've created a reconstruction of sorts if theyd had the support of the other top flight chairmen, cant help but feel Budge isolates herself with every passing day.

There's usually a fair bit of blind support from posters on Jambos Kickback.

There's a feeling among some fans that she should fight the SPFL, but I do think they've covered that by basically telling her to make a convincing case for league reconstruction - if and when that fails, they'll say 'we tried' - she's been mugged off.

Also, with every passing statement, she seems to say something that pisses another few fans off - she also probably lost some support for her unswerving loyalty to Levein, and rightly so. 

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

I can imagine Geoff and his boy showing some disdain for the argument that Hearts should be saved because they have spent money on not being relegated.

I can picture their face when Budge phones them, tells them the injustice of her spending over £8m on her squad this season and how it's unfair they're being relegated at the end of it. She then adds that setting up a division where St Johnstones prize money is reduced, and more relegation spots are added, is the only way to save Hearts so they should vote for it.

9-Putin-Laughing-Gif.gif.bf4dd31176318911758b82476c7e974e.gif

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nah, resignations were your thing.

Considering you have been spectacularly wrong so far, I'd probably hold off on making any more daft suggestions.

I mean I admire your spirit, it was obviously intended to be a fun dig but all you've done is fall down a set of metaphorical stairs, not once, not twice but multiple times in quick succession.

Still, it's given me a laugh. Good on you.. :lol:

Edited by Ric

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can picture their face when Budge phones them, tells them the injustice of her spending over £8m on her squad this season and how it's unfair they're being relegated at the end of it. She then adds that setting up a division where St Johnstones prize money is reduced, and more relegation spots are added, is the only way to save Hearts so they should vote for it.

9-Putin-Laughing-Gif.gif.bf4dd31176318911758b82476c7e974e.gif

She'll leave that to Gray or Dempster, nobody has that much of a brass neck 

Serious question btw, why are St Johnstone the fanbase so utterly foaming at the mouth raging for us to go down?

Is it because we called Swanson a fat w**k, because if so I'll happily have a word with the lads and upgrade it to "chubby melt" to get you back onside.

We're all in this together. sgO1nxo.png

On 02/07/2013 at 23:21, craigkillie said:

P&B's Most Influential Posters - 11-20

Getting to the business end now.

20. Ric

Ric likes to think of himself as a master troll, but usually he ends up being the one who gets most wound up. Most famous multiple resignations, including one resignation which came after someone brought up one of his previous resignations. He was also involved in the "virgil" disaster along with Div. One of them took the subsequent teasing well and one of them didn't. No prizes for guessing which was which.

I got the vandetta/virgil one wrong, I do admit.

8 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Serious question btw, why are St Johnstone the fanbase so utterly foaming at the mouth raging for us to go down?

Is it because we called Swanson a fat w**k, because if so I'll happily have a word with the lads and upgrade it to "chubby melt" to get you back onside.

We're all in this together. sgO1nxo.png

Tbf it's only me and Random, that is definitely not a fair representation of Saints fan base, we are a couple of fannies. 

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

Ann Budge might be utterly incompetent but whinging about her pointing out that early relegation might just be a tad harsh when there is a possible alternative is quite bizarre. I'd be worried if she wasn't continually doing just that. 

All clubs are acting in their own self interest just now. Quelle surprise. 

Monty Ha

Of course. Not a big surprise that everyone has been putting out statements talking about fairness and integrity. And that everyone's idea of fairness also happens to line up with what suits them*.

Budge is in a different boat to everyone else though. Hearts' survival could come down to her ability to sell an idea as generally beneficial to the game. Which she seems to have no interest in trying to do, opting instead for a bunch of Rangers-like delusional mewling. Anyway, you've covered it with the utterly incompetent description. 

*Apart from Hibs obviously, who have selflessly agreed to take a hit for the greater good giphy.gif

Edited by Alan Stubbs

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I got the vandetta/virgil one wrong, I do admit.

Posting someone else's opinion rather than the thread where I am supposed to have done the things you claim? Come now Ronaldo, I don't know what I've done to deserve your ire, but if you've been holding a grudge this long I can only apologise! ;)

Spoiler

btw, 20?

obama_170156-520x320.jpg

Edited by Ric

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tbf it's only me and Random, that is definitely not a fair representation of Saints fan base, we are a couple of fannies. 

This. 

It's also worth mentioning that fat boy Swanson has regularly sworded Hearts while wearing the colours of the mighty Saints.

I wonder at what point the Hearts fans admit Budge is being unreasonable in her demands. I totally understand why they would back her now as they've painted themselves into a corner. It's a bit like when a friend gets into a drunken fight and you know it's them that started it but as it's your friend you'll back them up.. up to a point.

I genuinely feel sorry for Hearts. There but for the grace of God. I am repeating myself when I say that I do not believe any club should be relegated. Latterly Hearts beat Rangers and Hibs, the latter away from home. I stated on the St. Mirren forum that I didn't think they would be relegated.

I feel reconstruction is the only fair way forward.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Like this?

1543829454123468.gif.c4537c67e52e6ff22d7b3f5593d4ac45.gif.4f436b4a44d42839e4b04e3e82b83e68.gif

While that is one of the most beautiful goals you can see, was thinking about this...

15871490742674914.gif