League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

How about a system similar to the Belgian First Division A, 16 teams home and away in the first round and then some sort of a split/playoff system. 

How about no splits.

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

How about a system similar to the Belgian First Division A, 16 teams home and away in the first round and then some sort of a split/playoff system. 

agreed and bringing the league to a 16-14-14 set up and bringing in the LL and HL champs for the extra two teams, NOT OF colts

There is no valid case for reconstruction, none.  Before this virus no one was seriously discussing it and to have a knee jerk reaction caused by an event that none of us could have foresaw is a nonsense.

The only thing I see wrong with the present set up is the promotion/relegation system.  Should be an automatic one up and one down, as at present, then second bottom plays second top for the other place, preferably a single game at a neutral venue.

Im not saying we need to make that change at this time but rather it’s the way it should have been from the start.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

No we won't,  St jonhstone maybe more likely to vote against changing the status quo,  I also wouldn't trust motherwell. 

Why would't we?

Less prize money, less likely to have home games against the OF.

Seems pointless thing to agree too, especially when the only "benefit" is less risk of relegation. We've not finished below 8th since we came up 11 years ago.

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He'd be saying the complete opposite if his team were in second. 

And Graham Rae  Ross Morrison would be saying more or less the same as what he's saying now, if ICT were in fourth.

It's not Ayr making that statement, it's the fourth-placed Championship team saying it, whichever team that happens to be. With the possible exception of Dundee's vote earlier today, we can pretty much predetermine every team's votes and statements from their positions in the league hierarchy.

Edited by Aim Here

I don't know how this task force is going to quickly come up with a spfl restructure proposal acceptable to all. It's taken the pyramid working group 6 years to try and introduce a nationwide senior pyramid structure under the spfl, and even now the job is only 75% done. It took the pyramid working group to effectively close having come to a stalemate a few months back to get the West juniors to come in and join the new West of Scotland tier 6 league under the LL. As has been learnt from the pyramid working group negotiations, there is just to much self interest, protectionism, and politics in Scottish football for an agreement to be reached by all. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52297066

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have been declared champions - and a taskforce is to look at expanding the top flight - after Dundee belatedly backed SPFL plans to end the season.

It's surely likely to be an increase to the number of clubs in the Premiership but, due to the requirement for four Old Firm games, I cannot see it being any bigger than 14 teams.

Due to this virus i would reckon its 50/50 if we have games and crowds allowed this year.

We will lose clubs, many clubs, so maybe a 12 team top league and 12 team championship. Regional leagues below with whoever is left

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Have you been walking around with your eyes shut the past 3 days or just been reading the Daily Record?

I have worked for enough American companies to know that they only think “what is best for them”. Money, money money 

if you think they have voted for the good of Scottish football then sorry you will be mistaken. 

He will be thinking. Reconstruction. No hearts, Dundee Utd and ICT. We will win championship next year....

Edited by flood

1 hour ago, DumbartonBud said:

I think it was the Forfar chairman who said that the reason he voted for the proposal was that Thistle coming down and Falkirk staying in his league would mean a six figure cash injection next season, far higher than any prize money they were waiting on. 

No he did not. 

What he said was he wanted certainty so he could budget. If he knew he had Falkirk and Partick Thistle in his league it would add extra revenue to Forfar.

If not they would run a different budget.

3 minutes ago, flood said:

I have worked for enough American companies to know that they only think “what is best for them”. Money, money money 

if you think they have voted for the good of Scottish football then sorry you will be mistaken. 

He will be thinking. Reconstruction. No hearts, Dundee Utd and ICT. We will win championship next year....

Aye, and no big gates either. 

Money, money, money right enough.

We had nothing to gain whatever way we voted.