League Reconstruction 20/21 season

12-10-10-10 works for me.
Why change ?
Oh of course,  otherwise Hearts get deservedly relegated.
I'd prefer bigger leagues playing each other 4 times gets boring. Sky want 4 old firm games so probably 3 leagues of 14 would suit most.

Maybe in the lower Leagues in which case you're in the wrong forum
Not really league reconstruction will be voted on by all teams and premiership will be included in any plans.

I say we move to a top division of 18, everyone plays once home and away and that's it. No splits or any of that nonsense. 3 up and 3 down with no playoff's. The removal of 4 games from the calendar allows us to have a proper winter break without cramming everything in when we get back.

The championship can be reorganised into a 16 team league along the same principles.

The remaining 8 teams for the current setup can be moved into new regional leagues.  

Premiership 12 - bottom 2 got down automatically

Reason: They won't change much at most maybe a concession on 2nd relegation spot though that is being hopeful

Championship - 12 teams - Same split system as Premier. Promotion play offs a semi final for 3rd v 4th and runner up players the winner. 2 auomatic relegation

Reason: Helps make full time a bit more sustainable. The split with 5 games to go would boost conclusion with lot to play for either end

League 1  - 12 teams -  Promotion play offs work same way as above. 2 automatic relegation.

Reason:  Still need a fully national division for top part time teams

League 2 - 12 team but split in confernces for North and South with 6 each. Play your own confernce  times = 20 games and other conference twice = 12 games.  Conference winners go up automatically. Highest place team not promoted plays league 1 10th team.  Bottom 2 in each conference down automatically.

Reason: Acts as a hybrid from regional to national football. Still under SPFL yet gives 6 more teams membership.

Highland/Lowland Champs go up. Runner up with best Points/match ratio gets bye to play off final, other runnerup plays league 2 team with worst record not relegated  in semi final 

Reason: we need more movement especially with big influx of juniors teams that drop out of SPFL need a decent hot of getting back  if they can and clubs shoudl find their level generally.

Edited by grazza

33 minutes ago, ftk said:
37 minutes ago, santheman said:
Maybe in the lower Leagues in which case you're in the wrong forum

Not really league reconstruction will be voted on by all teams and premiership will be included in any plans.

Only if you can persuade 11 turkeys to vote for Xmas

With some teams ending up in leagues lower than you would usually expect them to be in ...... Hearts, Thistle, Falkirk for example, the other teams in those leagues may well be against reorganisation as the paydays from these better supported clubs could be substantial. 

I think it was the Forfar chairman who said that the reason he voted for the proposal was that Thistle coming down and Falkirk staying in his league would mean a six figure cash injection next season, far higher than any prize money they were waiting on. 

So the 11-1 vote needed in the top division is only one of the potential hurdles. 

16-10-10-10

Nobody gets relegated from this season and the Champion + 3 teams in the playoff places in the next division are promoted. 2 automatic relegation slots in the top division from that point onward

Everyone plays each other twice (30 games), the splits into Top8 /Bottom 8 for a further round of games (37 games). Where game 38 comes from is the only thing i dont have concrete theory for.

It won't happen. You're expecting 11 Premiership clubs to vote...

• For less prize money
  • High chance of less home games against the OF

That alone will f**k it.

Rangers will say no out of spite, you're then left praying the rest go for it.

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I like it the way it is and I can’t see how 11-1 will pass

If it did chance I like this guy’s idea

That would have literally zero chance of being voted in by top flight sides.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It won't happen. You're expecting 11 Premiership clubs to vote...

• For less prize money
  • High chance of less home games against the OF

That alone will f**k it.

Rangers will say no out of spite, you're then left praying the rest go for it.

No we won't,  St jonhstone maybe more likely to vote against changing the status quo,  I also wouldn't trust motherwell. 

Ayr united aren't happy and so it starts. If they go up then we want to go up too.

SPFL reconstruction: 14 team Premiership would be "insane" claims Ayr United chairman Lachlan Cameron
The straight-talking Ayr owner insists reconstruction should not be about "appeasing" certain clubs.

Ayr United chairman Lachlan Cameron tonight branded the idea of a 14 team Scottish Premiership "insane" as he pledged to vote against any such move.

The Somerset Park chief fired a warning shot as the stage was set for talks on SPFL reconstruction.

It follows Dundee's long-awaited vote earlier today that signalled the early end of the lower league seasons.

Crunch negotiations are now set to take place on the future setup of the game.

But Ayr owner Cameron is furious at the prospect of an expanded Premiership welcoming Inverness, who currently sit second in the Championship, two places above Ayr in fourth.

He told the Ayrshire Post : "I have no interest in suing people or pursuing legal challenges.

"But if that is the proposal put to us, I will find myself having a very real problem