Official league champions thread

1 hour ago, The Original Haggis Hunter said:

Congratulations Raith Rovers. It was great crack while it lasted, will maybe see you again, one way or another 👍👍

Hope so as long as it is 1 way and not the other! 🤔

Any Rovers fans feeling a bit of a riddy here or is it all just baws oot GIRUY?

The thread is obviously tongue in cheek but I’m not really sure why we should feel bad, we voted for our interest and are backing league restructuring for the teams in the relegation spots, any club in our position would have voted exactly the same way. Fans of other clubs who claim otherwise are naive at best and lying at worst.

There was two ways to finish this season ‘call it as is’ or ‘null and void’ neither was fair and suggestions of postponement and closed door games were utter fantasy that would have put most of the clubs out of business paying player wages with zero income.

Did we get lucky? Hell yes, but let’s be fair it’s not like we pipped Falkirk to top spot the week before this we’ve been top most of the season. We’ll never know if we’d have won the league now or bottled it but as others have said we’ve had our fare share of bad luck over the years so why shouldn’t we accept a bit of good luck for a change, other teams have benefited from the misfortune of others over the years.

People are hardly dancing in the streets of Raith or demanding an open top bus parade here, lets see what happens with league restructuring before we get upset that Falkirk or Stranraer have been cheated.

It’s not how any of our fans wanted to win the league but we were hardly likely to vote for null and void to keep us in league 1 and as much as Falkirk are hard done by no scenario on offer would have seen them winning the league and both scenarios would still have them in league 1 without reconstruction. Hopefully the Premiership do the right thing and allow a proper restructuring to happen.

On 16/04/2020 at 14:07, Enigma said:

Yes, my family have been seriously affected, we’ve not stopped celebrating since yesterday!

What are you celebrating? You must be happy to to gain from the most embarrassing SPFL  cock up to date but you are not champions and probably never will be , relegation next season is more likely ..... 

On 15/04/2020 at 18:20, grumswall said:

Just a wee thread for everyone to congratulate us on this historic title win.

Braw. tapatalk_1586970773140.jpeg067_324__baird_1396880958_standard.jpeg

Ha Ha , nice one , I see what you’ve done there , did you post this on April 1st .........

12 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

What are you celebrating? You must be happy to to gain from the most embarrassing SPFL  cock up to date but you are not champions and probably never will be , relegation next season is more likely ..... 

He's probably just celebrating not having to put up with folks like you next season.

Enjoy your deserved relegation party chump!

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Ha Ha , nice one , I see what you’ve done there , did you post this on April 1st .........

Why would we post this on 1st April you fool. Didnt you read the sports news Raith Rovers have been declared CHAMPIONS. 

Screenshot_20200418-015023_Chrome.jpg

Fair play to Raith top most of the season and top when football stopped, under the current circumstances their will always be winners and losers. Biggest disappointment for me was the run in was going to very tense and interesting and should of been a winner takes all final day.
Best of luck next season and give the Pars a good hiding from us lot as well.

8 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Fair play to Raith top most of the season and top when football stopped, under the current circumstances their will always be winners and losers. Biggest disappointment for me was the run in was going to very tense and interesting and should of been a winner takes all final day.
Best of luck next season and give the Pars a good hiding from us lot as well.

Me too, it was going to be a very interesting and exiting end of the season. League 1 was a bit unpredictable and who knows who would have won it.

But Raith are the team now, and they are right to celebrate.

8 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

And I’ll miss your intellectual discussions kn*b

So says the guy who resorts to calling someone a kn*b, very mature I must say.

Try not to let that trapdoor hit you on the arse on the way down.🤗

Bottom line is the league couldn’t be finished/won on the pitch, Raith have been given the title, they’re entitled to celebrate, everyone else can now move on... Hopefully. We’ll have the reconstruction car crash to talk about soon in any case.