Official league champions thread

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's why I'd feel a bit embarrassed to be honest. Fell into this league on merit and being handed a way out of out. Each to their own I suppose.

I tend to agree with Calderon regarding the farcical  circumstances.

Whilst undeniably true a lot of it was indeed self inflicted such as the goalkeepers shambles, the loaning out of LV and the the job being given to Gary F Locke in the 1st place but there was a shed load of misfortune over that season too.

The most glaring being the run of injuries and fact that we were not awarded a single penalty in over a season and especially being  denied one at home to QotS after an equaliser from a Steven Dobie free kick that was crazily ruled to have crossed the line. I look back on that result as being the one that should have saved us.

Perhaps less so the run of injuries as that ongoing trend hasn’t stopped.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure why Raith being run as a complete shambles and being relegated in any way justifies being handed this title, but I accept you're all just happy to get out of this league.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Eh? 

I think he means, you come across as a bit put out about it.

I’m assuming it’s the sporting integrity angle, which I can understand. Then I look at the bigger picture and agree that a pragmatic way to end the season had to be found. This time it’s benefitted us.

I wonder what UEFA will come up with and when they’ll call time on 2019/20. What will happen with the various cup competitions? When will 2020/21 start. That’s the stuff I’m interested in now.

Edited by Scary Bear

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure why Raith being run as a complete shambles and being relegated in any way justifies being handed this title, but I accept you're all just happy to get out of this league.

Not so much justifies it. Just feels a but like the bad luck we have had has been evened out with this bit of fortune. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Any Rovers fans feeling a bit of a riddy here or is it all just baws oot GIRUY?

It’s not an ideal scenario and I would have much preferred going to Falkirk on the last day with a chance to win the title but I’d have had a much greater riddy if we were bottom, the team above us had 50% more points and we got a get out of jail card

16 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

instead of  the clap at 8pm on Thursday or whatever time it is for the NHS/Boris/Truck Drivers. Everyone in KDY should be out banging pans and sinking tinnies on the step singing "JOHN MCGLYNN'S BARMY ARMY" and going stone radge (adhering to social distancing of course).

This post is outrageously bad taste in the present circumstances and should be taken down. I am certain that genuine decent Raith supporters (and there are many) will be embarrassed by this post.

This post is outrageously bad taste in the present circumstances and should be taken down. I am certain that genuine decent Raith supporters (and there are many) will be embarrassed by this post.

I’m more embarrassed by your over reaction to it tbh...

Whether you deserve to win a league that hasn't finished is up for debate.

What is beyond doubt is that this thread & the "championeeeeez" tone on other threads alongside posting pictures of McGlynn raising a pint of beer etc is, to put it mildly, in very poor taste. I expected a bit better from Raith fans but there you go.

I assume none of your families have been affected by the last few weeks events? 

4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Must go down as the WORST title win you guys could ever imagine

Two guys in the pub enjoying a pint, the conversation veers round to sex.

1st guy asks 'describe your getting your worst blow job?'

'Fucking brilliant' was the reply.

18 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What is beyond doubt is that this thread & the "championeeeeez" tone on other threads alongside posting pictures of McGlynn raising a pint of beer etc is, to put it mildly, in very poor taste. I expected a bit better from Raith fans but there you go.

Oh f**k off. Everyone, some more than others, are affected by the current circumstances going on in the world and I don't think anyone is under any illusion that what's going on is shite and hugely concerning. Let people find their own modicum of comfort to raise their own individual spirits and if that's enjoying knowing your team has been promoted then what's the harm.

Aye, and the people who have turned into a seething mess because games of football can't be played an their team haven't been promoted have come across impeccably.

What is going on in the world is awful and is affecting every town and city of every single person on this forum, and has had at least some kind of impact on everyones lives, to various degrees.

Having a laugh on a football forum is still allowed though, surely?  

If Dumbarton were sitting top by a single point and got handed the title with 8 games to go, would you accept it and be happy about it?

The thread is a joke...

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

The thread is a joke...

Can't be making jokes at this present moment in time, tut tut.

32 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If Dumbarton were sitting top by a single point and got handed the title with 8 games to go, would you accept it and be happy about it?

I would obviously accept it as I am accepting this decision, but as I've said before I don't feel any team merits promotion or relegation in these circumstances. I'd stop short of metaphorically helicoptering my boaby over social media in celebration as some Raith fans and your squad of players have. That's sort of the embarrassing part.