Official league champions thread

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
As long as its no in that weird pub with the English queue I'm in. 

English queue? Where they all wearing top hats or?

No there's a place you had to stand in a line to go to the bar had a look on maps and think it was (is) The Exchequer.  Bizzare situation. 

No there's a place you had to stand in a line to go to the bar had a look on maps and think it was (is) The Exchequer.  Bizzare situation. 
Was it maybe the penny farthing? Very small place, but a good wee boozer. The exchequer is similar to a wetherspoons but is a decent enough venue with live games etc

It always happens in there and in the Wetherspoons at the other end of the high street but not in any other pub. Complete weirdo behaviour.

Raith were IMO the best side in the league and would probably have won it IMO. Not sure there is much to be dancing in the streets of Raith about mind you

Well done on getting promoted as league winners after 28 games.

Will miss you all... Well except Frank Connor. Thank f**k that dick is away.

Genuinely what happens for the title party?
Do the players reveal the trophy to an empty Starks park while 2m away from each other.

How did you all celebrate it? Night out on the town... [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Must go down as the WORST title win you guys could ever imagine as the experience wasn't there. No pitch invasion or anything [emoji1787]

Hopefully see you guys in the future [emoji106]

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any Rovers fans feeling a bit of a riddy here or is it all just baws oot GIRUY?

Personally, I don't fit into either category I dont think. I'm not going to be miserable that we are playing championship football next season, with all the increased revenue that brings. 

I'm not going to be hugely embarrassed that the club voted in favour of a resolution that favoured us. We didn't cheat our way to the title (such as it is), we were top when the music stopped. Short of a quick resumption of games, which was never going to happen, there was no unfair way of settling the league.

It's easy to say that I was in favour of honouring the 75% of effort put in, rather than dismissing the season for the games still to play. I actually am though, as any campaign is an expenditure of finance and resources that becomes harder to maintain over time. To waste that expenditure because your shite on the field is one thing, that's the game, to have it thrown away from forces outside your control is galling.

... and yeah, I realise that rationale applies to clubs in the relegation spots and play off spots. Someone was getting shat on, and I'm glad it wasnt us. Still, the club has been consistent, and repeated this in its statement last night, that it sees reconstruction as a more equitable arrangement and will support efforts to see that through. So it's not like we are trying to pull the ladder up behind us.

Football should be played on the field, not voted for in a boardroom. It's a bittersweet ending. There is no better feeling than winning the league, and the potential for last day drama at the Falkirk stadium was setting up the kind of anticipation we hadn't had since the 2010/11 season. It's also a shame because unlike the last couple of years that felt like muddling through, this years side was a relative joy to watch, with a coherent style and togetherness. I really enjoyed this season on the park.

So I'm not going to be sad that we have gotten the club to a place where it can hopefully progress. I'm not going to be embarrassed that the club made the best of a shit situation, and in a way that the majority of the league agreed. I do recognise that it is a shit way to end the season though.

In all seriousness its not a great way to win it. Mainly because I thought we were going on to win it anyway. Might have felt different if we looked like throwing it away, but we didn't in my opinion. 

However we've only been able to take advantage of this because we are top. After the EF defeat in August, McGlynn really got his shit together and none of the other promotion challengers really laid much of a glove on us after that. 

It will always be a what if, but to be honest it was never about winning this league. It was about getting out of it by hook it by crook. And by crook it is. 

Don't really feel any great smugness, but a browse on social media shows so much bitterness it's hard not to have a chuckle. 

Having watched Gary Locke, John Hughes and Barry Smith make football a chore, I'll take this to be honest. Even if we were to celebrate this, would be far from the most embarrassing thing to happen to Raith Rovers in recent memory. 

Edited by CALDERON

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It will always be a what if, but to be honest it was never about winning this league. It was about getting out of it by hook it by crook. And by crook it is.

That's why I'd feel a bit embarrassed to be honest. Fell into this league on merit and being handed a way out of out. Each to their own I suppose.

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's why I'd feel a bit embarrassed to be honest. Fell into this league on merit and being handed a way out of out. Each to their own I suppose.

I have to admit, this is a real shock to me that you feel this way. I'd never have fathomed this based on your previous input.

Edited by renton

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No point being embarrassed.  Play was stopped and the team at the top have benefited.  We've only been able to take advantage of this because we were better than everyone else so far.

We entered this league in farcical circumstances, and have left it in farcical circumstances. Wouldn't expect anything else :lol:

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We entered this league in farcical circumstances, and have left it in farcical circumstances. Wouldn't expect anything else :lol:

Yeah, things seem to have gone full circle, helped on our way down by a Drysdale administrative error and helped back up by one too.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Any Rovers fans feeling a bit of a riddy here or is it all just baws oot GIRUY?

It’s a weird sensation. I’m glad we finally made it back to the Championship - at the third attempt, just like last time - but it’s a strange one. 

We haven’t won a league trophy since 2009 and that last cup we won was the Challenge Cup in 2014. I was looking forward to another chance to see us win a couple of trophies.

There’s also the issue of trying to put a squad together for the Championship while we’re stuck in a lockdown without a definite date for football starting again.

All of this set against the backdrop of a global pandemic, which makes the situation slightly ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Never thought about it, but this is a good quote.

From Gary F Locke to oh no no no Corona Munro. 

via big daft Yogi, no goalie, throwing our Championship place away to a Brechin side who couldn’t win a single game and then hiring Barry Smith to save us.

Edited by Scary Bear