Summer 2020 transfer thread

18 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

So Rutherglen who had won 3 league games all season and had  a ppg of 0.7 were suddenly going to turn into Real Madrid aye

Exactly Mate . Few dreamers on this thread. Playing 5 at back hoping not concede. Team full of grafters with no flair 

Exactly Mate . Few dreamers on this thread. Playing 5 at back hoping not concede. Team full of grafters with no flair 
Careful Gavin, you might offend the friends you were wanting me to insult earlier. [emoji6]

Think before you dive in next time. [emoji23]

On 17/07/2020 at 18:10, glensmad said:

Careful Gavin, you might offend the friends you were wanting me to insult earlier. emoji6.png

Think before you dive in next time. emoji23.png

So peter who’s this mystery man that has scored more goals than Gaz smith in a season ?

So peter who’s this mystery man that has scored more goals than Gaz smith in a season ?
Jocky Whiteford - 33 goals in 1980-81
Jim O'Donnell - 34 goals in 1977-78
Jim O'Donnell - 38 goals in 1976-77
Tony Dickson - 39 goals in 1974-75
Evans - 33 goals in 1971-72
Eadie - 35 goals in 1968-69
John McGoldrick - 41 goals in 1966-67
O'Brien - 31 goals in 1961-62
Genome - 30 goals in 1952-53
T. Logan - 38 goals in 1948-49
Longmuir - 33 goals in 1942-43
J.F. Clark - 74 goals in 1938-39
J.F. Clark - 32 goals in 1937-38
Lipton - 33 goals in 1935-36
P. McAteer - 42 goals in 1934-35
P. McAteer - 40 goals in 1933-34
M.F. Stevenson - 48 goals in 1926-27
O'Hare - 39 goals in 1925-26
Bain - 30 goals in 1921-22
Smith - 29 goals in 1910-11

There you go, 17 different players who have scored more goals in one season for Glencairn than Gary Smith's superb total of 28 from 2017-18.

Gary's performances for Glencairn in 2017-18 and 2018-19 were superb, but to say that he "scored the most goals in 1 season in in glens history" (as you did), without doing any research, just makes you look a little bit silly.

1 hour ago, Gavybhoy86 said:

You said 'I'm sure ' because you weren't sure if he had scored the most goals in a season.  

What's important and it was obvious to a blind man the context you were referring to was recent times is he is a big time MODERN day striker what strikers from 40,50,100 years ago have to do with anything god only knows. 

The squad they have now is defiantly poorer and with seven going down they will undoubtedly fill a relegation place which is no suprise as they have rarely been in a top flight of any set up for twenty odd years now. 

The manager runs the show he decides when he goes so no pressure on him or decisions he makes other than personal pride any normal supporters they do have will just go with whatever the new unofficial west of scotland spokesman says in matters off field they just want to watch a game of football on a saturday not get involved in mind numbing west of scotland football politics .

Edited by ballermk

You said 'I'm sure ' because you weren't sure if he had scored the most goals in a season.  

What's important and it was obvious to a blind man the context you were referring to was recent times is he is a big time MODERN day striker what strikers from 40,50,100 years ago have to do with anything god only knows. 

The squad they have now is defiantly poorer and with seven going down they will undoubtedly fill a relegation place which is no suprise as they have rarely been in a top flight of any set up for twenty odd years now. 

The manager runs the show he decides when he goes so no pressure on him or decisions he makes other than personal pride any normal supporters they do have will just go with whatever the new unofficial west of scotland spokesman says in matters off field they just want to watch a game of football on a saturday not get involved in mind numbing west of scotland football politics .

He said 'I'm sure" because he wasn't sure ? You come out with some crackers. [emoji23]

14 minutes ago, ballermk said:

And the beloved junior grade that you hold so dear is now officially weaker than last year but you still cant seem to get your head around that so why should glensmad be any different with his team you absolutely melt of a hypocrite 😂

If you want a more modern name, Brett Agnew scored 25 goals for Glencairn in 2012-13, all from open play, no penalties or free kicks.

Gary Smith's total of 28 goals in 2017-18, as valued and impressive as it was, included 4 penalties and probably more free kicks.

I like big Gary and rate him highly. But if you gave me the choice between Gary and Brett, I'd choose Brett every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

55 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If you want a more modern name, Brett Agnew scored 25 goals for Glencairn in 2012-13, all from open play, no penalties or free kicks.

Gary Smith's total of 28 goals in 2017-18, as valued and impressive as it was, included 4 penalties and probably more free kicks.

I like big Gary and rate him highly. But if you gave me the choice between Gary and Brett, I'd choose Brett every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Peter you do know pens and free kicks count as goals as well eh ? Doesn’t matter how he scored then he did . Can you enlighten me why you’re club key Del Mcnab go because he wasn’t worth the £40 a week yet go and give him £90 a week now . Desperate times at  glencairn 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

8 games a week, that’s too much. Never had to do that in the joonyurs! 😄

Edited by holmparkheroes

17 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

8 games a week, that’s too much. Never had to do that in the joonyurs! 😄

He flings in free kicks as if they are easier to score , says he rates Gaz that highly he’s not bothered with him leaving . Guys so bitter it’s activity enjoyable to watch 

Peter you do know pens and free kicks count as goals as well eh ? Doesn’t matter how he scored then he did . Can you enlighten me why you’re club key Del Mcnab go because he wasn’t worth the £40 a week yet go and give him £90 a week now . Desperate times at  glencairn 
Of course penalties and free kicks count. I have never tried to play down Gary's achievement of three years ago and two years ago, as much as you would like me to.

I won't lower myself to discuss players' wages on here, as I have no idea who is getting paid what at our club. It's none of my business.

What I will say is that Del McNab scored the same amount of goals for Arthurlie as Gary Smith did for Glencairn two seasons ago, and four times as many for Rossvale as Gary scored for Glencairn last season. He also scored a hat-trick for Rossvale against us in December, guess who our central defence was that afternoon..... [emoji848]

He flings in free kicks as if they are easier to score , says he rates Gaz that highly he’s not bothered with him leaving . Guys so bitter it’s activity enjoyable to watch 
Lol Gavin, whoever is pulling your strings is really not doing you any favours. [emoji23]

Gary knows how highly I rate him, and I've personally wished him well directly to him (and all the other ex Glens boys). He doesn't need you being a cheer-leader. I'm certain he'll score 20+ goals again this season if he stays fit, and I hope he does as I genuinely wish all the boys who went to Arthurlie well.

I don't really know how many times I have to say that before you understand it.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Of course penalties and free kicks count. I have never tried to play down Gary's achievement of three years ago and two years ago, as much as you would like me to.

I won't lower myself to discuss players' wages on here, as I have no idea who is getting paid what at our club. It's none of my business.

What I will say is that Del McNab scored the same amount of goals for Arthurlie as Gary Smith did for Glencairn two seasons ago, and four times as many for Rossvale as Gary scored for Glencairn last season. He also scored a hat-trick for Rossvale against us in December, guess who our central defence was that afternoon..... emoji848.png

I know this message isn’t you trying to compare Gaz smith and del mcnab that’s just silly . 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Lol Gavin, whoever is pulling your strings is really not doing you any favours. emoji23.png

Gary knows how highly I rate him, and I've personally wished him well directly to him (and all the other ex Glens boys). He doesn't need you being a cheer-leader. I'm certain he'll score 20+ goals again this season if he stays fit, and I hope he does as I genuinely wish all the boys who went to Arthurlie well.

I don't really know how many times I have to say that before you understand it.

May I suggest every day of the week and twice on a Sunday 😀